Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88060
View in linear mode

Subject: "'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)" Previous topic | Next topic
Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007Wed 24-Apr-13 03:07 AM
814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"

Rocky Mount, US

Abrus, who had served as a military photography in the Army and ran a fashion photography business before becoming an actor, was so convincing in his role as Maj. Freedman, that co-star Alan Alda often found himself opening up to Arbus.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/23/mash-allan-arbus-dead-at-95/#ixzz2RLXttmdz

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

My Gallery: www.HLDPhotos.com
My Blog : www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photograph...
James23p Moderator
24th Apr 2013
Sportymonk
24th Apr 2013
rectangularimage Silver Member
24th Apr 2013
Sportymonk
24th Apr 2013
dclarhorn Moderator
25th Apr 2013
CaptainYooh Platinum Member
25th Apr 2013

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Wed 24-Apr-13 03:49 AM
9629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

He did play the part exceptionaly well and as a M*A*S*H fan he will be missed.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007Wed 24-Apr-13 03:57 AM
814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"
In response to Reply # 1

Rocky Mount, US

I would love to see some of his photography work.

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

rectangularimage Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Oct 2009Wed 24-Apr-13 06:12 AM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"
In response to Reply # 0

San Diego, US

I never knew he was married to Diane Arbus until he died and read his obituary.

....Mike

My website | My Nikonians gallery

Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007Wed 24-Apr-13 11:27 AM
#4. "RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"
In response to Reply # 3

Rocky Mount, US

I did not know who his wife was but found this in Wikipedia.

"Their first daughter Doon (who would later become a writer), was born in 1945 and their second daughter Amy (who would later become a photographer), was born in 1954."
His brother ans sister were also accomplished artists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Arbus

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002Thu 25-Apr-13 08:53 PM
14333 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"
In response to Reply # 0

Berwyn Heights, US

He will be missed. One of my favorite characters on the show, even though he only appeared in a dozen episodes.

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

CaptainYooh Platinum Member Nikonian since 27th Oct 2011Thu 25-Apr-13 09:05 PM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: 'M*A*S*H' star Allan Arbus dead at 95 (A Photographer!)"
In response to Reply # 5

Calgary, CA

RIP.

M*A*S*H remains one of my favourite TV shows of all time. Even though his role was episodic, he did fit very well in the actors' ensemble.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88060 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.