Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88045
View in linear mode

Subject: "Artistic work start by studying the work of masters" Previous topic | Next topic
ardoluc Registered since 16th Feb 2013Tue 23-Apr-13 12:11 AM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
Tue 23-Apr-13 12:14 AM by ardoluc

saint-jean-sur-richelieu, CA

Hi all
I strongly recommand to all to visit the work, done by Francis Toussaint a french engineer that sadly died, in 2003. He has over 11 millions hits of people who are still visiting his work everyday on pbase.com. This guy is an inspiration for all who spends hours looking and studying his work. Rarely , have I seen so beautifull and emotionnal work done by any photographer. Its done with technology that is over 10 years old, showing that its not the latest gear that makes a picture, but the knowledge and the artistic eye of its creator. Francis was a master of light and post-processing. Pbase.com for ten years after his death keeps his work displayed for our pleasure. I hope a visit will inspire you as it has done for me

after your visit, please comment:

http://www.pbase.com/francist

Luc

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters
spiritualized67 Silver Member
23rd Apr 2013
esantos Moderator
23rd Apr 2013
ardoluc
23rd Apr 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
23rd Apr 2013
Floridian Silver Member
24th Apr 2013
JBS101 Silver Member
27th Apr 2013
RockyIII Gold Member
28th Apr 2013
shipsdrummer Silver Member
06th May 2013
Ned_L Moderator
06th May 2013

spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Tue 23-Apr-13 12:39 PM
3175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0

Western PA, US

Thank you for sharing Luc. Francis's galleries are filled with many beautiful images. But the more remarkable thing is the fact that his gallery is still available well after his passing. I think we can all hope that our images will live on for many more generations to enjoy.

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Tue 23-Apr-13 03:12 PM
11518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 23-Apr-13 07:13 PM by esantos

McAllen, US

Yes, absolutely. I opened an account many years ago on PBase and when I encountered his galleries I was immediately awestruck and inspired for eternity. Thank you for your post it reminded me that I must go and visit his work again, it has been a while. PBase has kept his virtual gallery alive ever since his passing, a fitting tribute to such a wonderful artist. I hope if PBase ever closes its doors someone will continue to display his collection for all of us to enjoy.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

ardoluc Registered since 16th Feb 2013Tue 23-Apr-13 04:02 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 2

saint-jean-sur-richelieu, CA

Thanks Ernesto

For your comment. Some folks are for years trying to find out if his work will be publish in a book. It will be a shame if it get lost one day.
By writing this post, I hope it will help keep its work alive, and showing all photographers that its not the new gear that camera and lens manufacturers try to sell you every day that will improve your work and skill.

Have a nice day, and be all inspired by Francis.

Luc

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Tue 23-Apr-13 11:48 PM
513 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0

Punta Gorda, US

Thanks for the recommendation. It's a wonderful collection of consistently good quality work and truly an inspiration.

Clyde

Take a look at my nikonians gallery.

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Wed 24-Apr-13 08:19 PM
2716 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

>... I hope a visit will inspire you as it has done for me...

Beautiful work! Thanks for posting the link.

Randy

JBS101 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Apr 2009Sat 27-Apr-13 10:07 PM
501 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0

Canberra, AU

I had not seen his work before. Thank you for posting the link.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Sun 28-Apr-13 05:45 AM
3021 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

Thanks Luc. Francis was very talented indeed.

Rocky

shipsdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2006Mon 06-May-13 02:55 AM
258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 0

Bob in New Orleans, US

Thanks so much for posting this link to such a body of excellent work. I'm inspired to increase my efforts to improve. I also have a new found interest in visiting Bruges someday as well.

"Burn Slowly the Candle of Life"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberMon 06-May-13 03:33 AM
6597 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Artistic work start by studying the work of masters"
In response to Reply # 8

Philadelphia, US

It's a wonderful body of work, and studying the work of masters is extremely helpful to all, but I'd like to add that studying the work of masters who knew nothing of photography can be likewise enlightening.

I'm talking about such masters as Renoir, Rembrandt, Da Vinci, Raphael, and others. For example, if you want to learn about portrait work, Rembrandt's the man.

And indeed, Bruges is a wonderful Medieval city to visit. I sailed on the canals for hours during my last visit.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88045 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.