Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88037
View in linear mode

Subject: "Membership Renewal Problem?" Previous topic | Next topic
LilGreaser Registered since 18th Jan 2010Mon 22-Apr-13 06:32 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Membership Renewal Problem?"

Carlisle, US

I'm not sure if this is the best forum, but I wanted to find out if anyone else was having problems processing a membership renewal? Each time I submit the form, I receive an error that my card is declined and to check the "expiry-date".

I have filed two trouble tickets; and received two responses both of which suggested "it should work, perhaps a connection problem" but still cannot seem to process my request.

I have tried 5 browsers across 2 operating systems and both a commercial grade and consumer grade network connection.

Am I just missing something so obvious I'm going to kick myself? I'd really like not to lose my membership over a technical problem; Nikonians is such a great resource.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Membership Renewal Problem?
hogvee Silver Member
22nd Apr 2013
JonK Moderator
22nd Apr 2013
LilGreaser
22nd Apr 2013
Asgard Administrator
22nd Apr 2013
LilGreaser
23rd Apr 2013
JDuchene Silver Member
24th Apr 2013

hogvee Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Aug 2008Mon 22-Apr-13 06:47 PM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Membership Renewal Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Asaph, GB

Hi sorry to hear of your problems, I have experienced similar with other sites and found that by entering the same details as you already have as a 'New Card' then retry your payment it works. It seems to unclog the system. Failing that, if you have a paypal account you can use that. Hope this helps. I too think that Nikonians is a great site. Last time I paid my subs I paid for three years in advance incase I missed the renewal date.

All the best

Alan UK (Wales)

Alan

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Mon 22-Apr-13 07:28 PM
4913 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Membership Renewal Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Dave,

I am referring your problem up the chain of command. I'm sure someone will reach out to you later today or tomorrow.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

LilGreaser Registered since 18th Jan 2010Mon 22-Apr-13 07:57 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Membership Renewal Problem?"
In response to Reply # 2

Carlisle, US

Thank you Jon; I appreciate your response.

(And yours too Alan).

Hopefully we'll get it all cleared up and that I'm the only affected individual.

Dave

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 22-Apr-13 10:02 PM
51861 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Membership Renewal Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Please send again a Ticket at the help-desk.

Maybe an attached screenshot would help us.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

LilGreaser Registered since 18th Jan 2010Tue 23-Apr-13 04:07 PM
#5. "RE: Membership Renewal Problem?"
In response to Reply # 4

Carlisle, US

Thank you Gerold.

I have just submitted another ticket; but unfortunately could not provide a screen shot.

I've described what I've attempted in the ticket and the message text.

Dave

JDuchene Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2005Wed 24-Apr-13 04:41 PM
156 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Membership Renewal Problem?"
In response to Reply # 5
Wed 24-Apr-13 04:41 PM by JDuchene

Mahomet, US

I had the same problem recently. I asked for help' when none was forthcoming I used my paypal account which is the same credit card but worked. John

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88037 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.