nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87981
View in linear mode

Subject: "I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times....." Previous topic | Next topic
Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012Thu 18-Apr-13 05:59 PM
559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."

Omaha, US

...before I realized it was "ninja eyes" and not a "pig snout".

Just sayin...

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand tim...
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
18th Apr 2013
DonnaRead54 Silver Member
18th Apr 2013
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
18th Apr 2013
suzyk Silver Member
19th Apr 2013
JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
19th Apr 2013
suzyk Silver Member
20th Apr 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
22nd Apr 2013
golfercat Silver Member
18th Apr 2013
agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Apr 2013
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
22nd Apr 2013
agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
19th Apr 2013
20th Apr 2013
20th Apr 2013
20th Apr 2013
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
20th Apr 2013
Pouncer Silver Member
23rd Apr 2013
f11 Gold Member
23rd Apr 2013

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberThu 18-Apr-13 08:05 PM
8247 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

LOL....me too.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

DonnaRead54 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2013Thu 18-Apr-13 08:10 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 18-Apr-13 08:11 PM by DonnaRead54

Burien, US

I had to ask 'what banner?'! And yes, pig snout..lol But after I read 'ninja eyes' I saw it. Amazing how the brain perceives things!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberThu 18-Apr-13 11:22 PM
8247 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 2

Powder Springs, US

It's like ink blots. When I read "Ninja", the pig instantly vanished.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

suzyk Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2011Fri 19-Apr-13 11:33 AM
1563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 2

near Hobart, AU

Hey Donna,

A warm welcome to Nikonians.

I also had to ask what banner? Never really noticed it before.

Cheers,
Suzy

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 19-Apr-13 08:56 PM
4896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 5

Seattle, WA, US

From the top-of-page ad area:

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

suzyk Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2011Sat 20-Apr-13 04:38 PM
1563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 6

near Hobart, AU

Thanks Joseph, I found it. But how many people know it blinks? (Never seen a pig's snout do that.

Suzy

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Mon 22-Apr-13 08:36 PM
526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 11

Punta Gorda, US

>Thanks Joseph, I found it. But how many people know it
>blinks? (Never seen a pig's snout do that.
>

Actually, it's a ninja pig with allergies - it's not blinking, it's sniffing.

Clyde

Take a look at my nikonians gallery.

golfercat Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2012Thu 18-Apr-13 08:24 PM
236 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 0

Menifee, US

You have ruined my day. it certainly looks like a pig's snoot to me. Some how I do not picture a Ninja woth round eyes.

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Sat 20-Apr-13 07:00 PM
4202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 3

Toronto, CA

>Some how I do not picture a Ninja woth round eyes.

I scoff at your lack of true Ninja appreciation! Hah! Ninja:

. . . need I say more? Hmm?

I think not.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Mon 22-Apr-13 07:01 PM
888 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 13

Anchorage, US

I thought it was an oblique view of a two hole button.

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Fri 19-Apr-13 09:05 PM
4202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

What is with you guys? It says "Ninja" and "Photo Ninja" right beside the graphic. S'everbody stopped reading all of a sudden?

'Sides that . . . if I ever had thought the graphic looked like a pig snout, and then realized it was the logo for the Photo Ninja ad right next to it, I wouldn't admit it in public.

It does not look like a pig snout, unless of course you happend to be acquainted with some deformed pigs. This is a pig snout:

I rest my case (which is made of pigskin BTW, but I digress).

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberSat 20-Apr-13 12:16 AM
#8. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 7

Powder Springs, US

LOL.. well...maybe more particularly it looks like a cartoon pig snout.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Sat 20-Apr-13 02:38 AM
#9. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 8

Toronto, CA

>LOL.. well...maybe more particularly it looks like a cartoon
>pig snout.

Well . . . I don't know . . .

The, the, th-th-th-theeya, uh, that snout of m-m-m-mine, is k-k-kind of the same as the-theeya real p-p-p-pig. Don't ya think?

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberSat 20-Apr-13 09:21 AM
#10. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 9
Sat 20-Apr-13 06:34 PM by ScottChapin

Powder Springs, US

Deleted: I tried downloading a cartoon pig with an elliptical nose, but it might be copywrited. It was 3:30 AM and I was suffering from insomnia

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Sat 20-Apr-13 05:25 PM
9853 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Well well I missed that two I always wondered why the pigs nose. Now when I look at it I see a Ninja !

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

Pouncer Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Tue 23-Apr-13 12:42 AM
1140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Even though I know it is ninja eyes, I still see pig snout.

Garrett

This is my Nikonians gallery.

f11 Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2006Tue 23-Apr-13 03:01 PM
820 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: I must have looked at that banner ad a thousand times..."
In response to Reply # 0

Tulsa, US

Just the opposite for me. Saw ninja until I was encouraged to see "pig snout" by this thread.

Jim

My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87981 Previous topic | Next topic