nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87976
View in linear mode

Subject: "High quality photos from 100 years ago" Previous topic | Next topic
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Thu 18-Apr-13 01:09 PM
3583 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"High quality photos from 100 years ago"

St. Augustine, US

I recently became aware of a website called Shorpy.com, which showcases exceptionally sharp images from the earlier days of photography. I wasn't aware that cameras back then had the ability to generate such detail, but then along came Photoshop. I am not a Photoshop expert, and I would be interested in seeing what others opinions are on the ability to digitally generate such clarity.

Regardless, many of these images are a fascinating insight to life 100+ years ago.

{http://www.shorpy.com/]

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Thu 18-Apr-13 03:47 PM
11883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: High quality photos from 100 years ago"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

I think its great. Thanks for the link, very fascinating. If you thought film archives from the past do not contain high resolution detail I invite you to see the Blu-ray HD version (restoration) of the film "The Wizard of Oz", circa 1939. It is outstanding.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Thu 18-Apr-13 05:19 PM
1826 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: High quality photos from 100 years ago"
In response to Reply # 0

US

As a collector of images from dags through modern images, i can testify that some of the images I own are amazingly sharp and detailed.

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87976 Previous topic | Next topic