Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87943
View in linear mode

Subject: "In thoughts with Boston today" Previous topic | Next topic
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Tue 16-Apr-13 05:54 AM
4927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"In thoughts with Boston today"

CH

It was horrible to go to bed with the news, and even worse to get up this morning with the final tally of victims...

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: In thoughts with Boston today
bgs Administrator
16th Apr 2013
ScottChapin Moderator
16th Apr 2013
spanglerokapi Silver Member
16th Apr 2013
shipsdrummer Silver Member
16th Apr 2013
benveniste Moderator
16th Apr 2013
RockyIII Gold Member
17th Apr 2013
james90402
17th Apr 2013
James23p Moderator
17th Apr 2013
hillsidekim Silver Member
17th Apr 2013
WhatAboutBob Gold Member
18th Apr 2013
HBB Moderator
18th Apr 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
20th Apr 2013
LMMiller9 Silver Member
20th Apr 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
22nd Apr 2013

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberTue 16-Apr-13 02:57 PM
5441 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 16-Apr-13 02:57 PM by bgs

Bratislava, SK

Definitely bad news Olivier,

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-bombings-injuries/index.html
Seems at least 144 people have been taken to the hospitals.

Let's see who was behind it.

Bo Stahlbrandt. Nikonians Founder and Administrator located in Bratislava/Slovakia and in the Black Forest/Germany.
Find out more about The Nikonians Team -- See the latest, hottest posts

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberTue 16-Apr-13 04:57 PM
8060 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

Yes, Olivier. With a growing population, the world sometimes appears to be getting uglier.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

spanglerokapi Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2008Tue 16-Apr-13 05:14 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 2

Aylesbury, GB

I was deeply saddened to hear of the events in Boston and extend my sincere sympathies to those who have been directly affected and to the American people as a whole.

Andrew

shipsdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2006Tue 16-Apr-13 05:23 PM
258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Bob in New Orleans, US

My family and friends who work in Boston are all safe. Hopefully with so many photographers there both pro and amateur, some evidence will come forth to assist in the investigation process.

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Tue 16-Apr-13 05:40 PM
9456 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Boston Area, US

My heart and prayers go out to the victims. AFAIK, the people I knew that were either running or observing are OK.

One of my wife's former students, Dan Lampariello, got one of the signature shots of the bombing and sold it to Reuters.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Wed 17-Apr-13 12:44 AM
3021 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

One of my Kiwanis Club friends ran in the Boston Marathon yesterday. Luckily he finished the race and was out of the area before the bombs exploded. I am sad for the victims but glad that Kevin is safe and well.

Rocky

james90402 Registered since 14th Apr 2013Wed 17-Apr-13 12:48 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 6

Santa Monica, US

Every day terrorists set off bombs somewhere in the world. I see the articles and try not to think about it. But when it happens on our homeland, I cannot help thinking about it and grieving.
James Jordan

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Wed 17-Apr-13 04:28 AM
9498 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

I just went to church and prayed for all those affected and the city of Boston and then I prayed for mankind.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

hillsidekim Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2008Wed 17-Apr-13 05:09 PM
490 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 8

Hillside, US

>I just went to church and prayed for all those affected and
>the city of Boston and then I prayed for mankind.
>
>Jim

Thank you Jim
Kim
Western burbs of Chicago

WhatAboutBob Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2009Thu 18-Apr-13 04:46 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Georgetown, US

My wife had a few friends that were in the restaurant where the second bomb exploded. One was on the second floor when it happened. The force of the explosion blew out the window and knocked him over, He had some minor scratches, but was OK. Another friend of ours was there and she is fine. Last year, she ran the marathon and her two twin preschoolers were in that same area waiting for her to finish along with her parents.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Charter MemberThu 18-Apr-13 08:50 PM
8443 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Olivier:

Since our 911 event over a decade ago, we are still struggling to adapt to the "New Normal", and Monday proved that it is never far away.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Sat 20-Apr-13 08:59 AM
4927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

It's not going to bring the dead back to life, nor is it going to replace maimed limbs, but it seems that after one of the suspects was killed by police forces, the other was taken alive and brought into custody.

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

LMMiller9 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005Sat 20-Apr-13 05:28 PM
1089 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 0

Potomac, US

In today's Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/20/boston-marathon-suspects-photos_n_3121953.html) there is a story about a photographer with a Nikon camera who captured a series of pictures that included the two suspects and those cropped photos were used by the FBI because they provided the most clear picture of their faces.

An unhappy argument for a high resolution camera. I wonder which camera it was.

Larry Miller, Potomac, MD
DF/D800
http://www.pbase.com/lmmiller9
http://lmmillerphotography.smugmug.com/

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 22-Apr-13 12:21 PM
4492 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: In thoughts with Boston today"
In response to Reply # 13

Milwaukee, US

Wow great resolution...just hope that justice is done.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87943 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.