Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87849
View in linear mode

Subject: "It's that time of year in the Northeast US" Previous topic | Next topic
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 10-Apr-13 05:25 PM
6382 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"It's that time of year in the Northeast US"

Philadelphia, US

Wow, April is often a crazy month weather wise in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic States in the US and this year is no exception.

I was walking around the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge on Thursday last week and the temperature hit 57°F (14°C) and we had on light sweaters. Then last Saturday morning it was 40°F (4.5°C) and we wore parkas.

Today it's currently 85°F (29.5°C) and humid, so the air conditioner is on. The expected high is 88°F-90°F (31°C-32°C).

Saturday it's back down to 59°F (15°C) for the day's high, and 34°F (1°C) for the nighttime low.

This is definitely weather during which you can get sick if you're not careful.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US
coolmom42 Silver Member
11th Apr 2013
ScottChapin Moderator
11th Apr 2013
Ned_L Moderator
11th Apr 2013
mklass Platinum Member
11th Apr 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member
11th Apr 2013
Ned_L Moderator
11th Apr 2013
SheriB Silver Member
11th Apr 2013
Ned_L Moderator
11th Apr 2013
Sportymonk
11th Apr 2013
Ned_L Moderator
11th Apr 2013
benveniste Moderator
12th Apr 2013
Ned_L Moderator
12th Apr 2013
nrothschild Silver Member
12th Apr 2013
Ned_L Moderator
12th Apr 2013
RockyIII Gold Member
12th Apr 2013

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Thu 11-Apr-13 12:03 AM
2800 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Pretty much the same here in middle Tennessee.

I have a splitting headache from the barometric pressure change, and we are under a tornado watch beginning at 1 AM.

This is a dangerous time of year in the mid-South.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberThu 11-Apr-13 12:26 AM
7833 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

It's been that way in North Georgia. Tomorrow I guess it's going to start to rain for two days to boot. I have to check the smart phone each morning whether to dress warm or cool, wet or dry.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberThu 11-Apr-13 12:35 AM
6382 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

The front for our two days of on and off rain and thundershowers just ran through here, and it's pouring, and what an electrical show we're having.

More interesting the temperature at 8:17pm ET was 85ºF (29.5ºC) and the temperature now, at 8:31pm ET is 68ºF (20ºC). That's quite a drop.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 11-Apr-13 12:57 AM
5583 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 3

Tacoma, US

Hey, I envy you guys. Here in the PNW, except for a few renegade days of sun, we're gray and 5 degrees either side of 50. Consistency is boring.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Thu 11-Apr-13 04:31 AM
2800 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 3
Thu 11-Apr-13 04:32 AM by coolmom42

McEwen, US

The storm front is about 150 miles west of my town, and not moving very fast. The slow movement is actually good, it's helping to get it here when temps are cooler, thus lessening the chance of tornadoes. The humidity is so high I had to turn on the AC, too.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberThu 11-Apr-13 05:13 AM
#6. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 5

Philadelphia, US

Good luck with the storm. It's been torrential at times and I couldn't see my neighbor just a hundred feet away. We're in between storms now. Next one looks to be around 5am.

See you later back in the forums.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Thu 11-Apr-13 10:24 AM
1467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 6

US

I am jealous. Just over two hours west of you and we had some lightning...but no rain last night. Becoming very dry here in the lower Susq Valley. Supposedly some rain tonight through tomorrow morning.
And iI thought you were going to say 'pollen seaon' .....

Sheri Becker

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberThu 11-Apr-13 12:39 PM
#8. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 7

Philadelphia, US

I didn't realize that Sheri. Now I understand all those fire warnings I've seen from the US Weather Service in your neck of the woods.

Here we've had quite a bit of rain. In the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge they might have to open the gates in its large impoundment pond to let water out, it's gotten so high, to ensure shore birds will be welcomed with good mud flat areas.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007Thu 11-Apr-13 09:58 PM
814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Mount, US

This is my problem putting down my Weed and Feed. Shouldn't be under 70 for over 89 and can't put on until three day after cutting or 5 days before cutting and can't rain for three days after applying.In North Carolina???? 5 days i a row between 70 and 89 with no rain just doesn't happen.

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

My Gallery: www.HLDPhotos.com
My Blog : www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberThu 11-Apr-13 11:08 PM
#10. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 9

Philadelphia, US

I hear you. Maybe soon. By this weekend it's supposed to be temps in the 60's and sunny for 3-4 days. I hope you get the weather you need soon.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Fri 12-Apr-13 02:55 AM
9344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#11. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

Boston Area, US

In New England, spring is the nicest three days of the year...

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberFri 12-Apr-13 03:10 AM
#12. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 11

Philadelphia, US

I love it!

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Fri 12-Apr-13 12:38 PM
10834 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

US

On April 4th, I shot images of Wilson's Snipe ice skating on a solid frozen edge of a freshwater mud flat. And not much different the next couple of days. I thought that quite strange for April, to say the least.

On Wednesday, April 10, my useful shooting was cut short around 9am when at least it felt like the temps hit 90F and the birds laid down like it was mid-day in July. By noon it did pass 90F, at least in town where the local weather stats are kept. Same thing yesterday and it probably cost me decent shots of an important bird.

Like Michael, I'd like to see more than 3 days of Spring this year .

my Nikonians gallery.

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberFri 12-Apr-13 01:01 PM
#14. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 13

Philadelphia, US

Today it's raining hard here and according to the radar, where you are too. The weekend is looking great for birding.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Fri 12-Apr-13 02:59 PM
2967 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: It's that time of year in the Northeast US"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

In North Carolina, it is the time of year for pollen. Achoo!

Rocky

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87849 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.