Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #877
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone feel in an evil mood?" Previous topic | Next topic
f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberSat 20-Jan-01 04:39 PM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone feel in an evil mood?"

Private, UM

If you do, I have the perfect cure for it, and it is:

Canon is offering a photo workshop in Nashville TN, May 18-20, 2001. (Anyone have an idea as to what I will say next?)
Yes, let us crash the party. What would they do if hundreds of people, with Nikon gear, were standing outside the hotel where the classes are when they all walked outside to walk around and take photos? We could follow them around and make them paranoid. We could carry around a large Nikonian sign and intimidate them.
This would be all in jest, no riots or demonstrations…just fun. Just think how their eye-focus would work when they had to constantly look around to see where we were?
Just an evil thought…

Doug

--Take only photographs, leave nothing but footprints--

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?
jnscbl
20th Jan 2001
Gaspar61
21st Jan 2001
f5fstop
21st Jan 2001
DaveDosch
21st Jan 2001
frankie
21st Jan 2001
f5fstop
21st Jan 2001
frankie
21st Jan 2001
avm247 Moderator
22nd Jan 2001
f5fstop
22nd Jan 2001
avm247 Moderator
23rd Jan 2001
jrp Administrator
23rd Jan 2001
f5fstop
23rd Jan 2001
photoholic
08th Feb 2001
f5fstop
08th Feb 2001
photobri
08th Feb 2001
Merlin
08th Feb 2001
avm247 Moderator
08th Feb 2001
frankie
08th Feb 2001
photobri
08th Feb 2001

jnscbl Basic MemberSat 20-Jan-01 04:58 PM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I wonder if Canon made as much money with Elan II's as Nikon does with N80's? Or maybe the correct question is whether Nikon has caught up to Canon's Elan II sales with the N80. Is the EOS 3 actually Canon's most used camera among pros, the way the N90s is actually Nikon's most used camera among pros? If Doug's conspiracy to cause civil unrest succeeds, Nashville is gonna be smokin' ---scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

Gaspar61 Basic MemberSun 21-Jan-01 01:35 AM
152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 0

Evansville, US

I like the way you think. If I could make it to Nashville for that workshop, I would be there with my Nikon camera, lenses, and bag.Be sippin coffee from a Nikonians mug while adjusting my Nikon sunglasses and re-arranging my Nikon cap. Would Nikon printed across the seat of my pants be overboard?

Mike

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."

Jules de Gaultier

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberSun 21-Jan-01 02:27 AM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 2

Private, UM

Forgot about the cup.
Doug

DaveDosch Basic MemberSun 21-Jan-01 08:16 AM
453 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 3

San Diego, US

I've been seeing more and more of these cars with the advertising printed on the sides. (You probabily need to have been to California to have seen what I'm talking about.) We should show up in about 20 different cars with large Nikonians icons printed on the doors....

Dave
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles.
http://homestead.juno.com/dave.dosch/files/pictures/dave.JPG

DaveDosch
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles.

frankie Basic MemberSun 21-Jan-01 01:57 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 4

That wouldn't be compete without blasting "Stairway To Heaven" out of a set of Altec horns on the roof of the cars..

Cheeri'o...
Frankie...

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberSun 21-Jan-01 02:16 PM
#6. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 5

Private, UM

How about Kodachrome by Paul Simon; although I do like Stairway to Heaven.

Doug

frankie Basic MemberSun 21-Jan-01 09:21 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 6

Even better: Edgar Winter's "Free Ride"...

Cheeri'o...
Frankie...

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 22-Jan-01 02:20 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-01 AT 04:21 PM (GMT)

So, Doug,

Is this Cannon workshop supposed to show all the Cannon users how to recalibrate their eye focus control, or to get around the flash control problems.

I'm kidding of course ...

I was watching George W's inauguration this past Saturday, and only noticed one Cannon photographer: he was using bounce flash, outside (I guess the clouds weren't that far up after all) though I did see plenty of Nikons with SB-28s. (Leica, Contax and Fuji rangefinders were well represented, too.)

Interestingly, George W wasn't the only president taking office: halfway around world, the Philippine's president was finally kicked out and his replacement took office on Saturday, too.

Anthony

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberMon 22-Jan-01 11:02 PM
#9. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 8

Private, UM

I have noticed that for press conferences Nikon seems to rule the roost. However, I have noticed at football games, the Canon IS seems to have the edge. Not a total 100% edge, but somewhere in the 75% range.
As for the Canon bounce flash, the guy probably will blame his poorly exposed photo on the camera or the film.

Doug

And carry plenty of FRESH batteries...

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberTue 23-Jan-01 04:14 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 9

Rancho Cordova, US

Or the lab/lab tech, full moon, the alignment of the planets... Besides, what Nikonian would want to destroy/replace a af-s 400 f/2.8 lens when a defensive end comes crashing though with a running back in tow... just kidding

Doug, RE: "And carry plent of FRESH batteries" did something happen or ??? Just curious.

Anthony

Anthony

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberTue 23-Jan-01 04:53 PM
34542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 10

San Pedro Garza García, MX

No misconduct, right? We must remember that these are just misguided people and we would like to redirect them into the light, ok?

1. We go out and buy a lot of Kwanon lenses and bodies, T-shirts, caps and whatever is needed to make us very visible.
2. We make sure that all of the lenses will disassemble at the minor turn of the barrel or focusing ring.
3. Bodies should also disassemble easily, backs should drop to the ground at the minor touch.
4. We register in good numbers for the convention and all attend with our recently acquired equipment.
5. We invite the press, making certain that only photographers that use Nikon equipment will attend.
6. We choose the most inappropriate timing to make the equipment fall to pieces, but only if the press is nearby, and of course, not all at the same time.
7. Our brief statements to the press and surrounding onlookers should include phrases such as “I was told to buy Nikon, but did not pay any attention”. Lady participants on this exercise should have trained to cry loud, but without cursing. Male participants wanting to join in the crying will be accepted only if wearing a Kwanon T-shirt in pastel colors, to increase credibility.
8. We pay whatever it takes for a headline like: “Kwanon’s followers at their own convention switch to Nikon.”
Have a great time
JRP
My profile
Previous photography stuff, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberTue 23-Jan-01 09:15 PM
#12. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 10

Private, UM

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-01 AT 11:20 PM (GMT)

Yes, a few weeks ago I down to the bottom of Fall Creek Falls, about 1.5 mile straight down, on a path closed due to fallen boulders and ice chunks just to get to the bottom and find out my batteries were dead. No backup camera, the F100 is in service. NEVER AGAIN will it happen.

I also wrote a message on this thread and it is not here; beginning to believe I'm going crazy. However, here is a quick rundown. If I run across Billy Ray in the Thompsons Station Grocery this week, I'll see if he wants to record a new song:
"I have an achy breaky heart, cause my Canon fell apart. I should have listened to that ex-con, who told me to buy a Nikon."
Not true country, no ex-wife, no dog, no picup truck and no beer, but with the mention of an ex-con it might pass.

Doug

photoholic Basic MemberThu 08-Feb-01 09:52 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 12

I thought we are the friendly community. And you try to start a flame war. I know and work both systems; Both have there pro´s and con´s. Both I like for different things. All users (not collectors!) go into a system because they have their style of photography and special subjects. If I am going to do sports photography or high action game farm photography, without hesitation I would grab my EOS system. For studio works, scenics and things like that I go with the Nikon. That is from more than 20 years experience, needs of the market, lack of products or functionality and personal impressions (do I like to work with that particular camera, brand, lens or whatever). I know many other pros that switched completely a brand to meet market demands. That doesn´t say they are stupid because they don´t use Nikon. Maybe another brand gives them a few shots more when needed.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberThu 08-Feb-01 11:22 AM
#14. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 13

Private, UM

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-01 AT 01:24 PM (GMT)

Excuse me, but does the phrase "have a sense of humor" mean anything?
I was trying to add some humor to the website. Everyone else took this posting for what it was...humor.

Doug

photobri Basic MemberThu 08-Feb-01 12:10 PM
2334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 14

Phoenix, US

Doug,

I thought you were serious!

Brian

Brian

Phoenix Nikonian

Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism

Merlin Basic MemberThu 08-Feb-01 01:33 PM
416 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 15

I've heard that some very intelligent people own Kwanons... I'm looking forward to meeting both of them.

Mike

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberThu 08-Feb-01 01:58 PM
#17. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 16

Rancho Cordova, US

Mike,

You crack me up! I really needed that this morning!

Thanks,
Anthony

Anthony

frankie Basic MemberThu 08-Feb-01 04:11 PM
#18. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 17

Ask a Kwanon user what "Guide Number". Heehehehe... They'll think you're referring to the page number of the camera manual for a specific custom function...

Cheeri'o...
Frankie...

photobri Basic MemberThu 08-Feb-01 05:17 PM
2334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Anyone feel in an evil mood?"
In response to Reply # 16

Phoenix, US

Are you sure there are 2? !

HA

Brian

Brian

Phoenix Nikonian

Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #877 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.