Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87687
View in linear mode

Subject: "Would you?" Previous topic | Next topic
CaptainYooh Platinum Member Nikonian since 27th Oct 2011Sat 30-Mar-13 04:37 AM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Would you?"

Calgary, CA

I received an offer to buy lenses through this forum message box from a person who has zero posts here. He stated his name/origin as Luis Javier Celma Sanz from Spain and asked for a payment via Western Union. I told him that I would not pre-pay for his lenses for these reasons. Would you?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Would you?
JBS101 Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
agitater Gold Member
30th Mar 2013
limeyzen Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
CaptainYooh Platinum Member
30th Mar 2013
prreid Silver Member
30th Mar 2013

JBS101 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Apr 2009Sat 30-Mar-13 08:09 AM
509 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Would you?"
In response to Reply # 0

Canberra, AU

No, I would not. My understanding is that using Western Union is about the same as stuffing dollar bills in an envelope in terms of being able to take action if the transaction goes bad.

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Sat 30-Mar-13 10:31 AM
4078 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Would you?"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

It's a scam. Those kinds of approaches are always a scam.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Sat 30-Mar-13 10:35 AM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Would you?"
In response to Reply # 0

Waynesville, US

It's a scam! Got a reply from same individual in response to my ad "want to buy". Did not reply.

Geoff

CaptainYooh Platinum Member Nikonian since 27th Oct 2011Sat 30-Mar-13 12:37 PM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Would you?"
In response to Reply # 3

Calgary, CA

That's what I thought too right away.

prreid Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2012Sat 30-Mar-13 06:24 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Would you?"
In response to Reply # 3

Naples, US

I would NOT either BUT also be aware he has your email address and you may get more scammers.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87687 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.