Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87455
View in linear mode

Subject: "Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..." Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sat 16-Mar-13 08:32 AM
2440 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..."

US

Well,I been quite sick recently,almost died of a bloodclot-not long ago,think I'm getting over real bad hip/leg problem(other leg!...

Just when I was sick - was the first time I wanted to give up photography - and thought I was a jerk for buying and selling so much,and 6++++ P+S's.....

Came out of illness - back into health/photography.!

Things like this can make ya think...what's important!.?
I know the love we be and my daughters and my relationship...

but talking more photography.

NOW KNOW ; I'M NOT NON-NIKON(anti-Nikon),no way.Written in stone for me is ; NIKON CAN'T BE BEAT. (.)

But - laying in my bed,thinking,coming to the Godly reality of photography...
I started ,to finally - boil it down to WHAT.!? What.;all these cameras...wow and good...
I'm practically dead ; and my #1 camera/lens combo is bearly being used.

I started thinking in RAPID FIRE ;do I want to use this camera that camera,this converter ,that set-up...

Each really disserves it's 'own master'.

You-who know me ,may think my Nikon 8400 w/converter.
Some my think the camera I said is most an example of me;Canon SX40HS.

My recent P+S does AWESOME retro.

No,no,no ; my rapid fire brang me to "The camera of MY dreams";
My Panasonic GH1 and 7-14mm.Which ,I might add,;that has FULLY live up to my Unrealistic expecttations.

So really - who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!??.Any importance here at all?

Do you know,if my friends drove me home from the restrant...instead of my mild suggestion ;"let's go to the hospital - even if nothing',;I may have died THAT night and never used

;this beautiful (racehorse) of a camera.Can you imagine what God has in store for me with this camera.

Opra had a lady on TV just a day or two ago ; who saw herself as ....I'll say devine,and behaved with great generosity,beliveving she wealthy;
She became it.she lived it,-she WAS it,is it.

Guess this is a realization for me...

God chopped down a mountain for me(I have this camera and lens)
I haave many another camera and lens too(to maybe derail/distract me)
sowhat...

so what to do ... I believe (.)

With love - to the Nikonian world / Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me...
AUMike Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
17th Mar 2013
Floridian Silver Member
17th Mar 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
18th Mar 2013

AUMike Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Feb 2008Sat 16-Mar-13 01:18 PM
1172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..."
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

Dude, glad you are still with us! Reflection is always a good thing.

Follow doctors orders and enjoy life.

Mike

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sat 16-Mar-13 04:22 PM
2440 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Mike. The'reflection' hit me last night/this morning in bed(12:30 AM).
Really it was a narrowing down process.

Using - the time I do have to photograph with the camera I most love to;
photograph what I like ...and HOW I like.Interesting subject matter,photographed in a dynamic way....and to boot - with an awesome killer set-up.

Just bearly over being sick...coming out of it(possably a little bi-polor)
watched some killer TV yesterday...from Jon Bon Jovi,to a killer(neg.side/to pos.)Dr. Phill,then a househunters international France...I got high on the color doors and streets and shops and restrants...wow...wanted to photograph(with my Panasonic.Then a dubi one...with these giant awesome architecture buildings built on man made Islands...

Oh - yesterday I was missing my Panasonic GH1 -so I broke it out and fiddling with it ...tried all the AF modes...then it wouldn't come out of that AF mode -preventing me from setting other things I wanted to.(Bi-product of WAY too many cameras)then I couldn't get the back screen on view - getting berried in problems...

Struggled for what seemed like an hour.Took it out to lunch with us...took it in the restrant and finally learned how to undo it.

Well - between this camera and what I been through lately(sick,bad hip /leg pain,and that earlier blood clot);it's a sobering expirence...

and for me I think fine tuning...cause I think it's "What we do with a thing."

OK - I would like to travel more...we like to think we are just now getting better.

I'll now be more focused on >GH1/7-14mm even though it's teamed with my Canon SX40HS.I'll use the GH1 alone or...when ever together BOTH OUT HANGING AROUND MY NECK - READY FOR ACTION.
Other cameras and set-up still used on occation.

Don't forget "with me cameras' (that I seem to think I came up with);I'll still try to have a 'with me camera' with me because GH1 IS NOT a carry with me -almost anywhere kinda camera.

So...to be more focused!; to shoot what I like(I like a lot of 'elements of design')photographed creatively

This(or any)set-up is a 'Godly' gift/tool ->PLACED in my hands...

So...this thread doesn't have to be just about me...

how bout you.? What's your Focus,focus,FOCUS ?! / Larry

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sun 17-Mar-13 11:31 AM
#3. "RE: Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..."
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 17-Mar-13 12:01 PM by Larry E30

US

Part 2 ;rather than start a new thread.

Bon Jovi,direction, purpose -he used his (ART);

How might I use 'My ART'.!?

I somewhat got my 'photography' purpose a while back...
-when I go somewhere...say ;Peru' ...do a few thousand shots,with compitant equipment,come home, get better ones into a'show'format...then add music;say Peru' panpipe music.;Then maybe show at retirerment living facilities,or give away copies.

Now-partly for health reasons-I got away from this for the last 2+ years.
But,as we start to travel again - it will kick right back in.

Of these last 2+ years Nikonian and Flickr have become my thing.Oh-and mailing out some pics in emails
Oh-so one nice thing I can do is leave my Flickr link for you to enjoy...fun and easy;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69823464@N03/sets/

So - I get to think...for me; direction? and Purpose?
How may I apply these now?-incorporate them INTO my photography?

I'm thinking -for now - fun and more (ART)in my shots.
...being it's a getting stronger time...
Bobby Fisher wasn't hiding out...he was getting stronger.
I(or we)get some good/possitive /strong (stuff)from movies.!

Fun; to FULLY enjoy - in different ways,use the equipment I love...yes love - it can help inspire to...all you can be.
What's there? What's trying to come through?Can I even exadurate it.
To live it.Be the angles,the depth,and the colors.(Enter) the subject matter.Breath the air-smell the flowers-appreciate all and everything;grattitude.(Elate-ed)

Purpose?Good question.Maybe if some new photographer reads a good post of mine here or there...it be a fun different way of looking at things..
I certainly am enjoying building my Flickr up...and I SAY whoever gos there will enjoy.Enjoy is in it's blood.

Anyway-it has now reached 5 AM (last 2 days been sleeping super little,may be high...part of bi-polor,but under control;meds)

So I guess I can say Happy-good-morning to the Nikonian world.
Larry

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Sun 17-Mar-13 09:24 PM
2740 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..."
In response to Reply # 3

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Thanks for the link to your Flikr site, Larry. I always enjoy your photos. Take care of yourself!

Randy

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Mon 18-Mar-13 05:47 AM
#5. "RE: Focus,focus,FOCUS,,,as for me..."
In response to Reply # 4

US

Thanks Randy.

News all - I had listed my D5100 system here in Nikonian for $1525.00
Just SOLD on the net for $1700.00 free shipping.

It's still only $1500. for me ...ebay gets like 9+ percent.

Good news - for now my leg/hip is better,and I'm about over being sick.

Went out with the GH1/7-14 today/shots in 'Non-Nikon'

Oh....Camera sold in minutes.

Happy night / Larry

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #87455 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.