Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86956
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can't wait to move to Florida" Previous topic | Next topic
Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Sun 10-Feb-13 03:46 PM
513 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Can't wait to move to Florida"

Punta Gorda, US

New Jersey didn't get hit anywhere near as bad as Connecticut or Massachussetts by this latest storm but it was still a lot of snow for us.

I hope it's my last snow storm.

Clyde

Take a look at my nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Can't wait to move to Florida
benveniste Moderator
10th Feb 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
10th Feb 2013
KnightPhoto Gold Member
14th Feb 2013
benveniste Moderator
14th Feb 2013
Thatguy Steve
14th Feb 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
14th Feb 2013
Thatguy Steve
14th Feb 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
15th Feb 2013
Thatguy Steve
15th Feb 2013
ZoneV Silver Member
14th Feb 2013
2pixels_short Gold Member
15th Feb 2013
cosmicfires Silver Member
26th Feb 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
26th Feb 2013

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Sun 10-Feb-13 04:54 PM
9450 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 0

Boston Area, US

Front Door and Back Door shots from my home, about 20 miles North of Boston:

We ended up with about 25" of the stuff, which makes it the 4th or 5th largest storm I've personally experienced.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Sun 10-Feb-13 05:11 PM
513 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 1

Punta Gorda, US

Thanks for the pictures - seeing them makes my situation easier to take.

Clyde

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Thu 14-Feb-13 02:06 AM
4214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 1

Alberta, CA

Cool. Did you remember to bring a shovel inside the house before the storm

Reminds me of growing up in Quebec. And OP my yard looks like that 5 months of the year!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Thu 14-Feb-13 02:20 AM
9450 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 3
Thu 14-Feb-13 02:20 AM by benveniste

Boston Area, US

Cool. Did you remember to bring a shovel inside the house before the storm

No worries on that front -- I have inside access to the garage from the basement. For this type of snow I prefer a straight handled grain scoop.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

Thatguy Steve Registered since 13th Dec 2012Thu 14-Feb-13 01:10 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 14-Feb-13 01:22 PM by Thatguy Steve

Springfield, US

Ah yes .... Florida ......

Moved there in 1991 and after 10 years moved up here to Virginia for work and to be closer to my family.

I loved Florida. Many very nice memories.

The last place I lived was Coconut Creek which is just west of Pompano. I moved there just because of the name .... it sounded cool to be from Coconut Creek.

Every Saturday & Sunday morning I would get on my motorcycle and head over to Pompano Beach just before the sun came up. I'd sit there on a park bench sipping a coffee and eating a doughnut ..... and when the sun slowly appeared in the east all you would hear is the camera shutters firing off ......

I miss Florida quite a lot ..... mostly for the fishing ...... oh and all those babes in bikinis too .... I loved standing in waist deep water with a beer ..... just Heaven ..... truly ..... there is a God

Thatguy Steve
Springfield, VA US
Io porto e sparare: Nikon D800E & Springfield TRP

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Thu 14-Feb-13 09:03 PM
#6. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 5

Punta Gorda, US

I hope I enjoy Florida as much as you did.

My wife told me that she didn't want to live in the cold anymore and she wanted to move to Florida. My family is from Virginia and that would have been my first choice. I'm a mountain and river person and my wife is a beach and ocean person. So, as Mick Jagger's first solo album is titled, "She's the Boss" and I just bought a house in Punta Gorda Florida. I will be moving there in the next few months. It's kind of a compromise...it's on a river at a harbor and close to the Gulf beaches...but there are no mountains in Florida.

I'm anticipating taking some nice pictures and I think I'm going to like it.....if not, my wife will make me like it.

Clyde

Thatguy Steve Registered since 13th Dec 2012Thu 14-Feb-13 09:28 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 6

Springfield, US

Once you get over the temps, which should be easy since you will be near the shore and there should be a breeze that should keep things sweet .... you should do okay.

You're less than 100 miles north of Marco Island so in very good shape for certain .... very nice indeed .....

You'll get sunsets up the wahzoo on the gulf coast .....

Fishing is AWESOME .....

If you play golf then you're in heaven .....

And always remember ..... and NEVER forget .... check under your car or truck for gators ...... i'm not joking .....

Thatguy Steve
Springfield, VA US

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Fri 15-Feb-13 06:28 AM
#10. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 7

Punta Gorda, US

>>And always remember ..... and NEVER forget .... check under
>your car or truck for gators ...... i'm not joking .....

And what should I do if I find one?

Clyde

Thatguy Steve Registered since 13th Dec 2012Fri 15-Feb-13 12:12 PM
#11. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 10

Springfield, US

>>>And always remember ..... and NEVER forget .... check
>under
>>your car or truck for gators ...... i'm not joking .....
>
>And what should I do if I find one?
>

If it were me, I'd step back, pull my .45 concealed sidearm (this is Florida so obtaining a concealed carry permit is easy .... unless you're a felon), call 911, and wait for the police .....

Of course if it decides to have you for lunch then you fire off a round or two and have him for lunch. Gator tail is good eating ... tastes like chicken (ha ha) ....

Oh yeah, and remember to take plenty of pictures .....

Thatguy Steve
Springfield, VA US

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Thu 14-Feb-13 09:51 PM
3477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 14-Feb-13 10:01 PM by ZoneV

US

~40 inches here.

This is what it looked like opening up the garage door in the morning:

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Fri 15-Feb-13 03:21 AM
848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 8

Anchorage, US

>~40 inches here.
>
>This is what it looked like opening up the garage door in the
>morning:
>
>
>

Had to reply with a quote just to repost that image. Reminds me of last year's record snow season here. Somewhere over 11 feet. We like to read about winter down south.

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

cosmicfires Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Nov 2011Tue 26-Feb-13 05:07 PM
331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 0

Lynnwood, US

No snow in Florida but there are hurricanes, gators and I assume bugs.
Oh and condensing humidity.

I've only been there in the winter, I needed to change my shirt half way through the day if I went outside.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

my website

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Tue 26-Feb-13 08:38 PM
#13. "RE: Can't wait to move to Florida"
In response to Reply # 12

Punta Gorda, US

>No snow in Florida but there are hurricanes, gators and I
>assume bugs.
>Oh and condensing humidity.
>

I think I have all those problems covered:

hurricanes and gators - stay out of their way
bugs - stay out of my way
humidity - don't make any fast moves

Clyde

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86956 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.