nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86948
View in linear mode

Subject: "God Made A Photographer: A Spoof of the Chrysler Super ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007Sun 10-Feb-13 05:00 AM
814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"God Made A Photographer: A Spoof of the Chrysler Super Bowl Commercial"

Rocky Mount, US

And he gave the photographer a Nikon!!

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/02/09/god-made-a-photographer-a-spoof-of-the-chrysler-super-bowl-commercial/

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

My Gallery: www.HLDPhotos.com
My Blog : www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Sun 10-Feb-13 03:36 PM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: God Made A Photographer: A Spoof of the Chrysler Super Bowl Commercial"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 10-Feb-13 03:36 PM by rutherfordphoto

Vancouver, CA

I"m surprised it took this long for a parody to make the rounds. I prefer the original as the images are much more compelling.

...and of course he gave him a Nikon, what else is there

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Sun 10-Feb-13 09:26 PM
4248 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: God Made A Photographer: A Spoof of the Chrysler Super Bowl Commercial"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Doesn't seem much like a spoof or parody at all. Seems more like someone was inspired by the Chrysler ad to do something similarly emotional about photographers, but then kind of got lost in the effort. I think it basically falls flat as a result - not funny, not emotional, and somewhat unfocused. I was hoping for an independently made home run. But it's let down by poor writing, a nasal and mediocre voiceover, and some uninspiring photos. Didn't notice much in the way of Nikon, but I sure noticed the big Canon zoom.

Still, at least he tried something.

Chrysler seems to have found a hot ad company. The new Dodge "Dark Side of Ram" campaign will be seriously racy.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012Mon 11-Feb-13 02:57 PM
560 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: God Made A Photographer: A Spoof of the Chrysler Super Bowl Commercial"
In response to Reply # 2

Omaha, US

That was pretty much my take as well.

Interesting concept, and it had some potential. But they never took it anywhere, never captured any of the "it" of the original.

They could have played it for humor, or they could have played it straight, and either way might have worked. Instead, it was just an un-inspired copy. Nothing about it popped.

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86948 Previous topic | Next topic