Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86931
View in linear mode

Subject: "Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;" Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Fri 08-Feb-13 04:04 PM
2344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"

US

Any thoughts on possibly adding this as a forum topic ?

Or where would these type shots go best?

Very happy day. ... Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;
avm247 Moderator
08th Feb 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
09th Feb 2013
Clint S Silver Member
10th Feb 2013
Floridian Silver Member
09th Feb 2013
avm247 Moderator
10th Feb 2013
KenLPhotos Gold Member
10th Feb 2013
Clyde57 Silver Member
10th Feb 2013
10th Feb 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
10th Feb 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
11th Feb 2013
avm247 Moderator
11th Feb 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
11th Feb 2013
11th Feb 2013
jbloom Gold Member
11th Feb 2013
SheriB Silver Member
11th Feb 2013

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberFri 08-Feb-13 05:07 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Larry, I would post them in a Picture I Took (with a Nikon) or Other Camera Systems (non-Nikon Camera). Depending on the abstraction, Architecture (when shot with a Nikon).

It has been discussed before but there doesn't seem to be a need for an abstract forum. It can certainly be revisited, but it seems that other forums fulfill that need.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sat 09-Feb-13 01:28 PM
3390 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 1

Dyserth, GB

I've often wondered about this too. I have an abstract area on my website (http://www.pixels4u.co.uk/abstract), but wonder whether it is best suited to the "master your vision" forum. I may be off track, but is this as an example what could be thought of as abstract. It's photography after all

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011Sun 10-Feb-13 06:44 PM
452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 10-Feb-13 06:49 PM by Clint S

Chula Vista, US

An Abstract Forum would be a welome addition! I do no know how one figures that other forums fulfill that need - becasue it sure does appear as such to me.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Sat 09-Feb-13 07:59 PM
2726 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

I really like abstract photography, and I'm sure I'd be a regular visitor (and occasional contributor) to such a forum. And Larry, I always enjoy your photos when you post them. Your abstracts are one thing that makes the non-Nikon cameras forum a fun place to visit!

Randy

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberSun 10-Feb-13 12:55 AM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Thanks for the comments, keep chiming in, as I said before, we can revisit an Abstract Forum.

Anthony

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sun 10-Feb-13 02:32 PM
1417 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 10-Feb-13 02:34 PM by KenLPhotos

Stewartstown, US

I would welcome such a forum, visit it daily, and contribute to it. I make many Photoshopped images that I keep on my hard drive for my own enjoyment. I think it is an evolving new art form that happens to use a camera for part of the process.

KenL

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007Sun 10-Feb-13 03:03 PM
517 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0

Punta Gorda, US

>Any thoughts on possibly adding this as a forum topic ?
>

Really needs its own forum to avoid blowing away the sensibilities of those who judge beauty by "accurate" color and "perfect" exposure.

Clyde

Take a look at my nikonians gallery.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sun 10-Feb-13 03:26 PM
3390 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 6
Sun 10-Feb-13 03:27 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

I enjoy the abstract when a certain image catches my interest. There are those, many perhaps, who feel that treatment of an image in this way is heresy. One could say infrared photography is abstract! The fact remains it is a photograph and another form of representation. I'm not saying it's something I do every day, but I'm sure it would create an interest. Perhaps it could be part of the post manipulation forums in post processing.

Just a thought.

Richard

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sun 10-Feb-13 04:23 PM
2344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 7
Sun 10-Feb-13 06:21 PM by Larry E30

US

Wow - thanks all for the interest/comments.

Maybe I'm different than most .... but I re-visit my better photos of all my photography - almost constantly...

for me to 'create' something new(or art) out of past shots ... is VERY rewarding.

...Abstract/Elements of design/Art form
even /Creative/wild...
In this forum ; if it comes to be ; "(Let's see what we can do.!)".

Special thanks to Randy.
When anyone really enjoys/appreciates my photography ;it's a plus.
My photography is not intended to 'corrupt' all 'normal' types of photography... ;
"No,rather to add,or find,uncover,create...'GOLD'. "

50% of my photography is 'messed with' - to put it nicely.
But, honestly...
I absolutely love some of the results. And feel,"Wow - this would have gone 'unseen','uncreated' ".

Part of art is photography;all different types.

And a "Very happy day to all". Larry

Added a shot ; this shot is creative X creative ...angle - shot in a car bumper,and VERY creative in photo-finish/PP.Fits 'art' too - though it's of corse loosely art.
Nikon D5000.

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Mon 11-Feb-13 02:15 AM
#10. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 8
Mon 11-Feb-13 02:17 AM by Larry E30

US

Here's one from today , at a social outting ;(Nikon P7000

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 11-Feb-13 02:30 AM
#11. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

I like to keep this thread as a discussion about whether or not we need an Abstract forum. Let's keep images posted in their respective forums for now.

Thanks!

Anthony

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Mon 11-Feb-13 05:45 PM
#12. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 11

US

OK.

Would Abstract include artcy,elements of design,weird and manipulated?

(I think it would)

I really think having an (Abstact) would be a plus...
for me -
I have 9 digital cameras + one I may win ;which only 3 are Nikon;

so for me,I would get to use Nikon (Abstact)only with those 3.

I know it's not for everyone ... think of it as going to a local art display...
we certinly don't like ALL of it,but - with each his own taste ; we kinda like one here or there.

I thank you (Nikonian - all involved) in considering this new forum(think of the potential/possabilities) of such a forum.

Not for everyone - but (for me) wow-to re-create.

Very happy day to all.
I do tend to go off on a 'tangent of pictures'-seems my inteligence is 60% visual.

My vote is in ... and good luck!!!

Larry

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 11-Feb-13 06:47 PM
#13. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 12

Dyserth, GB

Well there's certainly some wild abstracts in your galleries Larry

Richard

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Mon 11-Feb-13 06:52 PM
6476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 11

Wethersfield, US

Maybe fans of abstracts should start a thread in the "A Picture I Took" forum to contribute and discuss abstract photos. Then, based on the level of participation in that thread, the Nikonians team could make an informed decision.

Just a thought.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Mon 11-Feb-13 07:17 PM
1695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Abstract/elements of design. Forum.....;"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Putting my two cents in... There is an abstract gallery, yet not an abstract forum. Seems there is a forum for the other galleries. I would think though, that we would need to possibly rename it/them Abstract and Digital photo Art or something along those lines. To me, just because a photo has been changed to the look of a watercolor or such doesn't make it abstract. I do on occasion shoot a subject ,planning to make it look like a drawing or one of the other limited effects I have access to right now.
I would probably post to it,but would be just as happy staying with fewer forums.

Sheri Becker

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86931 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.