Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86741
View in linear mode

Subject: "Color WWII and early 1900s photography archives" Previous topic | Next topic
agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Wed 23-Jan-13 04:47 PM
3958 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Color WWII and early 1900s photography archives"

Toronto, CA

I have no idea how real any of these WWII photos are because I haven't had a chance to research the archive or its owners. Nonetheless, the photos (whatever their origin) are remarkable.

The same goes for these fascinating turn-of-the-20th-century photos of Paris. I think the photo of the sidewalk flower seller is astonishing.

What have I missed? Has the existence of all these photo archives and technologies been common knowledge among Nikonians? I've been aware for some time of early color photography, and I've certainly seen early color plates occasionally over the years, but I've never seen such extensive archives.

My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson, Managing Editor
Kickstartnews Inc. - http://www.kickstartnews.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 23-Jan-13 06:51 PM
26549 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Color WWII and early 1900s photography archives"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

The WWII ones have been mentioned before. I don't recall a mention of the Parisan ones. Thanks for posting this, though. I'm sure others will enjoy them too.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Wed 23-Jan-13 07:14 PM
11498 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Color WWII and early 1900s photography archives"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Yes, the WWII collection has been posted here before. The French ones are new to me. Nevertheless they are fantastic, thanks for posting them again, it had been a while since I saw them. This time I made bookmarks.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Thu 24-Jan-13 12:20 AM
4816 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Color WWII and early 1900s photography archives"
In response to Reply # 0

Ely, Cambridgeshire, GB

Love the WWII ones - especially number 26. The description says they look skywards when in fact nobody is looking skywards!!! Great colours from the KC though...

I have never seen the Paris ones...

D2Xs + AF20-35mm f2.8 + AF35-70mm f2.8 + AF80-200mm f2.8

or

FE + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AIS

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

Check out my website...
http://alexjpscott.wix.com/photography

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

Follow my blog...

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Look me up on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex_jp_scott/

Alex

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Sun 27-Jan-13 12:03 AM
1179 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Color WWII and early 1900s photography archives"
In response to Reply # 0

Savannah, US

Howard,

Those Paris photos are fascinating! Thank you for finding and posting them.

Rich

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86741 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.