nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Norman Rockwell photos

Clyde57

Punta Gorda, US
550 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Clyde57 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2007
Wed 16-Jan-13 11:09 PM

I just spent a week in the Berkshire Hills. I love the scenery and culture of the area. They have some nice museums including the Clarke, MasMOCA (contemporary art) and the Norman Rockwell Museum.

I've always enjoyed Rockwell's work and learned at a visit to the museum that he would set up photographic scenes using neighbors and other local residents as models and he would then base his paintings and drawings on those photographs. His photographs were mostly done in black and white because he didn't want to be influenced by the actual colors in the scenes.

So, what I was thinking about is whether his drawings and paintings were art and if so, were the photos that they were based on also art?

Some of his drawings and the photos that he based them on can be found at http://pdnphotooftheday.com/2009/12/2778

What do you think?

Clyde

Take a look at my nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Norman Rockwell photos dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
17th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Norman Rockwell photos jtmcg Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
17th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Norman Rockwell photos MasterDabber
17th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Norman Rockwell photos Clyde57 Silver Member
18th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Norman Rockwell photos JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
18th Jan 2013

G