nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Future direction of cameras and photography

Sportymonk

Rocky Mount, US
814 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007
Sun 06-Jan-13 04:31 PM

Stumbled over a link to this site about Hybrid Photography and cameras. Interesting that it doesn't mention Canon or Nikon but rather focuses on Panasonic and Olympus among others.

http://www.discovermirrorless.com/hybrid-photography/2012-hybrid-photography-year-in-review/

The person writing discusses how DSLRs are built on 50 year old technology adapted from film cameras and have video added on as an afterthought. Two lines of thought / questions?
1) Given that we have what we have and must evolve, where do you see the future of photography (yes, go ahead and include how people's standards if it is good enough for FB, its good enough) but primarily where to you see cameras going?

2) If we could start anew, how would you create a new camera system today with today's technology? (IE no consideration of backward compatibility etc. )

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

My Gallery: www.HLDPhotos.com
My Blog : www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Future direction of cameras and photography