Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86154
View in linear mode

Subject: "Digital Convergence" Previous topic | Next topic
ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Fri 28-Dec-12 04:25 AM
3499 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Digital Convergence"

US

Still and video convergence has met mixed reviews thus far. We've argued, scratched our heads, and gotten confused. It's certainly uncharted territory, but it's not going to just disappear.

This video is Canon-oriented, but that does not matter. The principles in it are what I want you to see.

And then maybe you'll make up your own mind. I know I have a more open mind after watching it.

http://www.untitledfilms.com.au/blog/2012/12/micro-expression-exploring-motion-image-photography/

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 28-Dec-12 12:32 PM
8876 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Digital Convergence"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Here's another perspective from Bob Krist.
http://singhray.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-his-transition-from-stills-to-video.html

One of the big shifts in magazine publication is the shift to electronic formats. But a flat magazine is just cheaper - the real advantage comes from replacing or supplementing still images with video and even audio. You can expect to see video advertisements in e-magazines.

We're seeing the same thing with internet advertising - the use of video in place of still ads.

My sense is we are at the front end of an explosion in video. And increasingly, pro photographers are expected to deliver video as well as stills.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86154 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.