Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86047
View in linear mode

Subject: "Has this site slowed down? "again"" Previous topic | Next topic
JimH Silver Member Charter MemberSat 22-Dec-12 04:30 AM
276 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Has this site slowed down? "again""

Easton, US

For the last several days I've had a hard time just logging on. When I am able to log on, the site is slow. I'm only having trouble at this site. After some checking... seems to be a problem with one of the hops made on the internet 144.232.9.86 I came across a similar thread from back in Sept./Oct.

Does anyone have any insight on this subject. Can anything be done at Nikonians?

A little bummed out here in North East PA.
Thanks Jim H.

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Has this site slowed down? "again"
mklass Platinum Member
22nd Dec 2012
coolmom42 Silver Member
23rd Dec 2012
Asgard Administrator
22nd Dec 2012
quenton8 Silver Member
22nd Dec 2012
jbloom Gold Member
22nd Dec 2012
Scotty Silver Member
23rd Dec 2012
jrp Administrator
23rd Dec 2012
JimH Silver Member
24th Dec 2012
dagoldst Silver Member
30th Dec 2012

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 22-Dec-12 02:23 PM
5867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

I had the problem a few months ago, but everything si working fine for me right now.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Sun 23-Dec-12 02:28 AM
2986 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 1

McEwen, US

>I had the problem a few months ago, but everything si working
>fine for me right now.
>
>Mick
>http://www.mickklassphoto.com
>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

Same here.

But for some reasons I cannot access the forums from my work computer. I suspect it has something to do with our corporate firewall.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 22-Dec-12 02:34 PM
50283 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

The system is working fine.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Sat 22-Dec-12 02:57 PM
1222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

Seems fine to me.

----
Dennis Smith.

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sat 22-Dec-12 04:00 PM
6139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Sometimes an intermediate routing table gets messed up, causing particular parts of the network to have difficulty accessing other particular parts of the network. 144.232.9.86 is a Sprint address, so they may be the ones to notify.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Sun 23-Dec-12 04:54 AM
4818 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 0

Ely, Cambridgeshire, GB

Sometimes I can't get on the site at all, but this only lasts an hour or so then all is fine. I put it down to internet issues in South east Arabia...

D2Xs + AF20-35mm f2.8 + AF35-70mm f2.8 + AF80-200mm f2.8

or

FE + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AIS

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

Check out my website...
http://alexjpscott.wix.com/photography

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

Follow my blog...

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Look me up on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex_jp_scott/

Alex

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSun 23-Dec-12 05:06 AM
34320 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Jim,
That previous problem was mostly due to a transatlantic cable broken.
I am always checking on download speed and found no troubles so far.
Hopefully there will be no congested main hubs due to the holidays.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

JimH Silver Member Charter MemberMon 24-Dec-12 03:41 AM
276 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 7

Easton, US

Thank's for all the replies.

I'm still having trouble's. It seems to be one particular server/router that my ISP happens to use to complete the route. Unfortunately it's outside of their network. Hopefully at some point and time the issue will be corrected.

In the meantime. I set up a VPN through a free site. It changes the routing all together and now I have no issues with connectivity or speed. But being a free sight I'm getting hammered with advertising.

Thanks again
Jim H.

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

dagoldst Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 03:10 PM
2010 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Has this site slowed down? "again""
In response to Reply # 8

Little Rock, US

Just FYI, the IP you mentioned is issued to Sprint. Are you on a Sprint network for Internet connectivity?

Routing in the Internet is always changing based on issues that may be occuring between your NSP and the rest of the Internet.

So just be aware, the Internet is really just a bunch of networks hooked together via the NSP's - I work for one and know that there are MANY reasons routing changes occur - and on a daily basis, (if not hourly sometimes).

Nikonians could do geographic load balancing of servers in the U.S. and Europe that would probably eliminate most connectivity issues, but that would effectively double the costs of networking, servers, etc. Big companies like Amazon and Google are mirrored all over the place, (basically, they have decided to never be down or degraded in a large way), but they also have the revenue to justify this sort of complex, redundant build out.

Just a perspective,

David

"Sawed that board three times and it is still too short... "

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #86047 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.