Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #85686
View in linear mode

Subject: "Craigslist Scammers" Previous topic | Next topic
Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Tue 04-Dec-12 09:54 PM
1182 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Craigslist Scammers"

Savannah, US

Is it just me, or the time of the year, or what? I posted an ad for a D40X on CL and I've had two different people try to scam me. "Tell me how much to pay you and send it, unable to meet due to my business". Another offered $80 over asking price - also unable to meet me. I had really good luck selling some items there last summer, but all of a sudden I seem to have a SCAM magnet! Grrr.

Rich

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 05-Dec-12 01:47 PM
1182 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Craigslist Scammers"
In response to Reply # 1

Savannah, US

Thanks Charlie. The initial messages from both looked real enough, although the first one did have a whiff of something wrong. After I answered, each of them made some lame excuse about not being able to meet up to inspect the camera. I told both of them I only do local transactions. It's really frustrating how careful you have to be with people these days. I've bought and sold several things here, and I think Nikonians must be the last honest marketplace on the net. I've had nothing but good transactions here.

Rich

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Wed 05-Dec-12 02:49 PM
3022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Craigslist Scammers"
In response to Reply # 2

Raleigh, US

I have never used craigslist for the exact reason you mention. I have sold a lot of gear on Nikonians, and it has been worry free. There is a high comfort level when selling to a Nikonian who has been here for a few years and is an active participant in the forums.

Rocky

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #85686 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.