nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Feature film

dickiederson

San Francisco, US
120 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dickiederson Silver Member Nikonian since 09th May 2009
Tue 04-Dec-12 06:15 PM

Hi guys,

I'd like to share details of a feature film my partner and I are producing!

It's a gangster heist film set on The Isle of Man and we're planning to shoot it on the D800 (unless I bow to pressure from my Director of Photography to go for Canon, urgh!), using Ninja 2's for external recording.

A lot of people have expressed surprise that we're not using Canon or waiting for the Black Magic Cinema cam. Hopefully we can prove them all wrong! We did actually write to Nikon for some help but they weren't interested humph.

You can see details of the film here:

www.longtails.co.uk

We're planning to start shooting on Feb 15th. We're getting funds together at the moment, which isn't easy as this is our first feature but we're confident we can get it off the ground!

We've got an amzing DP (or, DoP in the UK!) from Hollywood and we're talking to a very established television director.

It would be great if some lovely Nikonians could show their support by 'liking' our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/dirtylongtails).
It really does help to raise our profile and also our spirits

Thanks so much. hope I've posted in the right forum!

Dickie

www.shootingheadz.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G