Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #85300
View in linear mode

Subject: "Round image+++ , has aa place ;" Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sat 10-Nov-12 05:07 PM
2534 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Round image+++ , has aa place ;"

US

If ya get creative - lots of things ya can do with (round).
Ya can cut squares,rectangles,...part circles/part square/rectangle...tighter crops(like my mirror shot).
Ya can layer shots...flowers/colors....

I hope to more master my round lens. !;can even make a nice walk around lens...-I walked around Ashland OR - testing out this lens.

Guess it's not for everyone , but it's sure creative/a challenge.

So...mine is a Sunex 185 degree circular fisheye.
The Sigma is even more expensive.

There are cheaper P+S options for shooting round.

I been spending too much time on buying and selling film cameras,and not enough time on mastering my 'specialty' lenses ; round and even my Sigma 8-16 on my D5100.

But these images are from my Sunex.

Enjoy ,add a round(ish) shot if ya like...Happy Day. / Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002Mon 12-Nov-12 04:31 PM
14343 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Round image+++ , has aa place ;"
In response to Reply # 0

Berwyn Heights, US

Larry, I've never been so inclined to use a fish-eye lens, but I always enjoy your images. You have a real knack, and eye, for it.

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Mon 12-Nov-12 05:40 PM
2534 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Round image+++ , has aa place ;"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 12-Nov-12 06:06 PM by Larry E30

US

Thanks Dan. You'd be surprized - (through exploring/searching)ya can find people who use circle/or even FF fisheye beautifully...even some new people.
As you say - they may have a knack...

For me - it's making use of the circle lines,AND MAJOR IS ; FILLING THE FRAME WITH INTERESTING SUBJECT MATTER.

Found another creative one to post...it's a circular image ; useing the top half ;
(these I have shown in Nikonian before...

Making good use of circular lines ;

Filling the circle ;

Getting in close...for suject matter to be nice size...still trying to fill the circle ;

Cropping out of circle - fun pano's ;

Circular images ;creativity,and bravery are needed.With,applying yourself - you can get some nice reward images.

Bent lines are not for everyone.But - also keep in mind - photography,at least in part, IS AN ART.

As 'with God'... let's see what (We) can do...

Happy day / Larry

Martin Turner Moderator Expert professional PJ & PR photographer Nikonian since 20th Jun 2006Tue 13-Nov-12 09:50 AM
4600 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Round image+++ , has aa place ;"
In response to Reply # 2

Bidford on Avon, UK

I love what you've done here. I hadn't come across the Sunex. I may need to take a closer look.

M A R T I N • T U R N E R
http://art.martinturner.org.uk
http://www.martinturner.org.uk

Nikonians membership: my most important photographic investment, after the camera

My Nikonians blog, Learning from the Portrait Masters, http://blog.nikonians.org/martin_turner/

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Wed 14-Nov-12 11:23 PM
#4. "RE: Round image+++ , has aa place ;"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 14-Nov-12 11:28 PM by Larry E30

US

They are expensive new,think I got mine on ebay for around $400.00

Do check your options...the Sigma goes for even more,and has a smaller image circle...Sunex only has 5.6 for all in focus from 2.5' to infinity.

A cheap,lower quality way to get round images(but NOT 180 degrees...more + to a quite wide lens)is to use a converter.

I like to use the 0.42x (about a $30.00 item) afront my Nikon 18-55mmvr,at 18mm for full circle

...I'll go look for some pics w/this set-up/now/I have show these before here on Nikonian...
but,you see - ya don't have to spend alot...

See - it's wide but NOT AS WIDE.

I just recently tried to sell almost exact 0.42x on ebay for $25.00 with no luck...I have 2.
Think I'll put my Bower 0.42x up for sale here in Nikonian 'I want to sell' !

Attachment #6, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #85300 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.