nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #85184
View in linear mode

Subject: "The first Tuesday in November..." Previous topic | Next topic
Scotty Silver Member  Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK  Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002 Mon 05-Nov-12 08:14 AM
4927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The first Tuesday in November..."

A message to all our American friends over the other side of the pond...

I don't envy you guys one little bit tomorrow; your influence socially, economically, politically and militarily over the rest of the world is huge - whether we or you like it or not it is the case.

Therefore I hope that whatever decision you make tomorrow it will be the right one.

The whole wide world is watching, our thoughts and prayers are with you...

D2Xs + AF20-35mm f2.8 + AF35-70mm f2.8 + AF80-200mm f2.8

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Alex

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... gbowen Gold Member
05th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.
05th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Nov 2012
05th Nov 2012
          Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... Captain Rich Silver Member
05th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... robcran Silver Member
05th Nov 2012
     Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... Scotty Silver Member
06th Nov 2012
          Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Nov 2012
               Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... Scotty Silver Member
06th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.
07th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... robcran Silver Member
07th Nov 2012
     Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... snegron Silver Member
07th Nov 2012
          Reply message RE: The first Tuesday in November... jordivb
07th Nov 2012

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Mon 05-Nov-12 01:56 PM
15111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you, Alex.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

gbowen Gold Member  Canton, US  Nikonian since 01st Apr 2011 Mon 05-Nov-12 01:56 PM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 0

No pressure...nope, none at all!

George

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.   Boudry, CH  Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005 Mon 05-Nov-12 07:23 PM
5032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 0

Well, actually the decision is ENTIRELY yours to make. So no pressure.

But then one thing: be sure to be part of it! As a Swiss citizen, I may not have a huge influence on how the rest of the world fares but a great one on how Switzerland, its cantons and communes fare. Just vote. I'm not going to say I don't have a favourite in the race that ends tomorrow, but I also do watch the percentage of people taking part in votes, and in my own country those numbers dwindle year after year...

So, as I said, VOTE! Pressure? What pressure?

Cheerio,

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Mon 05-Nov-12 07:29 PM
15111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 05-Nov-12 07:30 PM by walkerr

Agree!

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tacoma, US  Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006 Mon 05-Nov-12 08:24 PM
6402 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 4

Well, as they say in certain parts of the country: "Vote early, vote often!"

I did the early part since we have mail-in balloting here. Unfortunately, I still had to put up with the campaign ads, but at least it stops the phone calls.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Mon 05-Nov-12 09:09 PM
#6. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 5

Same here. I sent in my ballot more than a week ago.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

Captain Rich Silver Member  Savannah, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Mon 05-Nov-12 09:46 PM
1217 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 6

Me too. And hey Alex - what do you mean "other side of the pond"? We're on THIS side of the pond.

Thanks for the post, everyone on this side is also excited.

Rich

robcran Silver Member  Westleigh, AU  Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:34 PM
870 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 3

Hi Olivier,

Despite the grumbles from some people, I am very glad I live in a country where voting is compulsory. If you don't vote, and you don't have a reasonable excuse, you get fined. I think we are amongst a minority of countries, but when you are required to make a decision at the ballot box it focuses the mind on the issues at hand.

Robert
Sydney Nikonian

Scotty Silver Member  Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK  Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002 Tue 06-Nov-12 01:18 AM
4927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 8

I think voting should be compulsory everywhere for all eligible people - period - so many people died to secure the vote it is criminal not to use it...

LIKE me on Facebook

Alex

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tacoma, US  Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006 Tue 06-Nov-12 02:30 AM
6402 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 9

Making it compulsory also infringes on the freedoms that people fought for.

The fact that politicians are so lame that they can get people interested in voting is part of the problem. The fact that politicians also probably prefer it that way is another. Political parties, have usurped the process in most places. They probably shouldn't be banned, but at least they should not be subsidized by the taxpayers.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Scotty Silver Member  Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK  Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002 Tue 06-Nov-12 04:36 AM
#11. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 10

I suppose by compulsory I mean if you don't exercise the right you lose the right... If you have it use it or it is taken away...

Don't get me started on political parties...

LIKE me on Facebook

Alex

kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Seattle, US  Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011 Tue 06-Nov-12 04:39 PM
908 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 0

What? Me worry?

Like Mick says, we have mail-in ballots so we're done in our household, except for the commercials.

Thanks for your message Alex. I'm sure those that have voted, or are about to, take this fairly seriously.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.   Boudry, CH  Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005 Wed 07-Nov-12 08:42 AM
5032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 0

All political considerations apart, now there's good news: the media will start again to cover other stuff than the US presidential elections. Yes, even in Europe, it was getting a wee bit unnerving

See you in four years!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

robcran Silver Member  Westleigh, AU  Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007 Wed 07-Nov-12 09:06 AM
870 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 13

Here, here. Glad its all done and dusted.

Robert
Sydney Nikonian

snegron Silver Member  Cape Coral, Florida, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2007 Wed 07-Nov-12 06:47 PM
1588 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 14

On a related note, I spent two hours in line to vote, my wife arrived a bit later and ended up spending close to 4 hours in line!!

jordivb   Manresa, ES  Registered since 01st Mar 2009 Wed 07-Nov-12 07:01 PM
620 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: The first Tuesday in November..."
In response to Reply # 15

But you did vote!
Which is the important thing

Jordi
-Barcelonian-

Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #85184 Previous topic | Next topic