Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #84970
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon parts" Previous topic | Next topic
rplst8 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2008Fri 26-Oct-12 07:48 PM
150 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon parts"

Johnstown, US

Have you guys seen this?

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonprt/en_US/home

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonprt/en_US/list/parentCategoryID.59997300/categoryID.59998300

--
RL

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my Flickr page.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon parts
Ferguson Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
gpoole Platinum Member
26th Oct 2012
rplst8 Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
Ferguson Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
Ned_L Moderator
28th Oct 2012
dgs2
26th Oct 2012
DSW90049 Gold Member
26th Oct 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
26th Oct 2012
Peterdan Silver Member
28th Oct 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
28th Oct 2012
km6xz Moderator
30th Oct 2012

Ferguson Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004Fri 26-Oct-12 08:21 PM
3525 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 0

Cape Coral, US

But all older cameras.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Fri 26-Oct-12 08:21 PM
3655 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

Note that there is nothing for the D800 or D4, not even simple things like the 10 pin socket cover.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

rplst8 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2008Fri 26-Oct-12 08:38 PM
150 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 2

Johnstown, US

Right, but it's a step in the right direction.

--
RL

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my Flickr page.

Ferguson Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004Fri 26-Oct-12 08:40 PM
3525 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 26-Oct-12 08:40 PM by Ferguson

Cape Coral, US

>Right, but it's a step in the right direction.

From what I heard elsewhere the reverse. It was an old practice they discontinued, and so is actually a sign that they are not going to offer such support consistent with their sale-of-parts policy. This is legacy, not new (or so I have read).

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberSun 28-Oct-12 10:10 PM
6619 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 2

Philadelphia, US

At this point, all Nikon USA sold D800 and D4 cameras are under warranty, so all parts are free.

That being said, there are a myriad of cameras and lenses, with very simply replaced parts, which aren't for sale by Nikon to users.

This is not a definitive indication, to me, that Nikon is changing their policy regarding parts sales to users (pros and consumers) and 3rd party repair shops. I spoke with Nikon USA at the PDN Photo Expo and complained strongly to them about this policy, and some other repair (turn around time) and other problems and issues I've had recently. I didn't feel they were particularly receptive to considering change. I do know I wasn't the only one who spoke to them at the Expo about these issues, so maybe cumulatively we've made a difference. Time will tell.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

dgs2 Registered since 30th Sep 2004Fri 26-Oct-12 10:16 PM
710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 0

San Francisco, US

Thanks for posting this. I agree this is a step in the right direction.

dgs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

DSW90049 Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2012Fri 26-Oct-12 11:32 PM
177 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 5

Los Angeles, US

Maybe, just maybe, they are listening after all!

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 26-Oct-12 11:38 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Not the long ago one could ask them for a small part like the 10 pin accessory cover and they would send it the customer for free. Now they charge for the part and shipping.

And then you have the issue with independent camera repair shops.

Sounds like Nikon is circling the wagons and keeping a lot of customers outside.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Peterdan Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2012Sun 28-Oct-12 01:18 PM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 7

Lebanon, US

All parts can be found on eBay.
Example, D300 battery cover. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330600036113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I am not a number. I am a free man!

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 28-Oct-12 06:40 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 8

Chicago, US

If you think about Nikon's new part policy, the existing inventory or parts in non-authorized service personnel will dry up and since Nikon is not providing them to non-authorized service personnel one has to think about where they are coming form.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Tue 30-Oct-12 07:56 PM
3312 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Nikon parts"
In response to Reply # 9

St Petersburg, RU

Many brands of electronics have a similar policy now. The test gear has gotten more specialized and they all have had problems with underqualified people attempting repairs which the end user ends up blaming the manufacturer. It this new policy by Nikon USA or world wide? If Nikon USA, there are two choices, buying from a local authorized service center or buying outside the country from shops that do not care about Nikon USA's policy.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #84970 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.