Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #84582
View in linear mode

Subject: "Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration" Previous topic | Next topic
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 11-Oct-12 04:33 AM
34642 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
Tue 23-Oct-12 03:07 AM by jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX

For over a century, Nikkor lenses have been used to capture human emotions and these images have helped shed light on the people of the world and the things that deeply move us all.

In the video at the nikonians,org homepage now, Nikon has utilized tears, which is the ultimate way of expressing human emotion, to showcase the benefits of using Nikon to assist in capturing those unforgettable moments we all experience.

Enjoy.

P.S. Expand it to full screen view for better appreciation.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebrati...
ZoneV Silver Member
20th Oct 2012
archivue Gold Member
21st Oct 2012
agitater Gold Member
22nd Oct 2012
PAStime Silver Member
24th Oct 2012
Reply message Behind the scenes
voyageurfred Silver Member
23rd Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Behind the scenes
agitater Gold Member
23rd Oct 2012
RetCombatVet
23rd Oct 2012
ZoneV Silver Member
03rd Dec 2012
agitater Gold Member
03rd Dec 2012

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Sat 20-Oct-12 05:37 PM
3496 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Where?

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sun 21-Oct-12 07:27 AM
5481 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 1

Paris, FR

In the video at the homepage... Of Nikonians

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Mon 22-Oct-12 12:47 AM
4130 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Gorgeous video, superbly produced. Nikon can put some oomph into marketing when it wants to, that's for sure. Makes me want to get out and shoot.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Wed 24-Oct-12 12:30 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 3

Kingston, CA

>Gorgeous video, superbly produced. Nikon can put some oomph
>into marketing when it wants to, that's for sure. Makes me
>want to get out and shoot.

Yep, well said.

Peter

voyageurfred Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jun 2007Tue 23-Oct-12 12:56 PM
426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "Behind the scenes"
In response to Reply # 0

Montreal, CA

Thanks JR for the link. Agree with Howard it's great marketing!

What I would love to see is a video showing the behind the scenes shots, how it was made with the D800 in cine mode, or even how they had the various people (actors?) to cry on cue for the camera.

Onion on hand perhaps?

Cheers,

Frederic in Montréal

Nothing ventured... nothing gained!
http://www.RemarkableImages.ca

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Tue 23-Oct-12 02:19 PM
4130 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Behind the scenes"
In response to Reply # 4

Toronto, CA

>What I would love to see is a video showing the behind the
>scenes shots, how it was made with the D800 in cine mode, or
>even how they had the various people (actors?) to cry on cue
>for the camera.
>
>Onion on hand perhaps?

There are several versions of the video posted on YouTube. It looks like several directors and editors were given the opportunity to work with the same footage. Interesting.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

RetCombatVet Registered since 27th Aug 2012Tue 23-Oct-12 01:45 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 0

Prescott Valley, US

Very nice. Thanks for putting up.
gerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Mon 03-Dec-12 12:31 AM
3496 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have been unable to see the video. Is it in this list? I don't see it there. http://video.nikonians.org/movies/list/

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Mon 03-Dec-12 12:42 AM
#9. "RE: Over a Century of Nikkor lenses - A Video Celebration"
In response to Reply # 8

Toronto, CA

>I have been unable to see the video. Is it in this list? I
>don't see it there. http://video.nikonians.org/movies/list/

It's the very top one. The still frame shows a baby's face, close up, with the kanji character in the middle with the word "birth" underneath. Click it.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #84582 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.