Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #40579
View in linear mode

Subject: "Login problem" Previous topic | Next topic
DigitalHeMan Registered since 03rd Aug 2004Tue 20-Feb-07 07:09 PM
779 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Login problem"

Amsterdam, NL

Has anyone else been experiencing log in problems? I was getting a message telling me that my username was incorrect..... I requested a new password and all seems to work ok now though.....

--
Simon
Nikonian in Amsterdam
Flickr Photostream
Check out my blog

--
Simon
Nikonian in Amsterdam
Website
Flickr Photostream
Check out my blog

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Login problem
sabre Silver Member
20th Feb 2007
MelT
20th Feb 2007
LeCCy
20th Feb 2007
kcmy Silver Member
20th Feb 2007
ehparis
21st Feb 2007
Golfster Gold Member
21st Feb 2007
JonK Moderator
21st Feb 2007
Nikon32250 Silver Member
21st Feb 2007
TampaNikon1
21st Feb 2007
HVAC GUY Silver Member
21st Feb 2007
MelT
21st Feb 2007
mquarles
21st Feb 2007
lawmanf Silver Member
02nd Mar 2013

sabre Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2006Tue 20-Feb-07 07:12 PM
4582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Bedfordshire, GB

I was unable to logon from yesterday afternoon until this morning and had the same error message as you. I emailed Nikonians Support using the Contacts button at the bottom of the login page and they resolved the problem nicely. Which just goes to prove what a great team they are.

Cheers

Steve (Bedfordshire, England)
My Nikonians Gallery- please visit and leave a comment
A Nikon in the hand is worth two in the bag!

MelT Registered since 06th Jul 2002Tue 20-Feb-07 07:53 PM
4608 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Petersburg, US

I had to do the same thing earlier this afternoon. For some reason my logon wouldn't work so I emailed for the new password and it STILL did not work. I cleared my cookies, ordered yet another new password and STILL didn't work. It was not until I put in my username in a case sensitive manner that it finally worked. I now think the root problem was that the logon I have used for a couple of years did not match my screenname in terms of case (upper/lower)and that is why I couldn't logon. In my case, I was previously using "melt" as my logon name while my screen name was "MelT". When I capitalized the "T", I could logon.

In the past, the logon name was not case sensitive but today it seemed to change to be case sensitive. They said they were moving to new servers so maybe the security rules call for case sensitive logons now. Just a guess...

Mel

An Opinionated Old Curmudgeon from Virginia

Website - www.meltalley.com
Blog - http://blog.meltalley.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mel.talley
Twitter - @meltalley

LeCCy Awarded for his excellent  contributions to the Resources Registered since 16th May 2004Tue 20-Feb-07 08:09 PM
1464 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Nottinghamshire, GB

I have had to use captials in my username too in order to log on, before I dont believe it was an issue.

I know in the background that we are upgrading servers so perhaps that is the case. I will leave a note in the admin section.

Russ
:-]

Meet the team

My Nikonians Gallery

kcmy Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Feb 2007Tue 20-Feb-07 09:37 PM
89 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Same issue last night. I contacted Nikonians and they explained that they had server problems. All is fine today.

www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showgallery.php?ppuser=125529&cat=500|My Nikonians Gallery]

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ehparis Registered since 25th May 2006Wed 21-Feb-07 03:07 PM
1798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 4

US

>Same issue last night. I contacted Nikonians and they
>explained that they had server problems. All is fine today.

Ditto.

The system didn't recognize my user name or email address. Fixed by the time tech support had a chance to answer my inquiry. Data base problem they said.

Jerry

"If your pictures aren't good enough,
you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

Golfster Gold Member Nikonian since 21st May 2006Wed 21-Feb-07 02:52 AM
383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Upland, US

Thanks for the capitalization tip! Previously, when I had login problems, I would be able to logon through the Galleries and then click on the Forums' tab... but now, things are good again. Dennis.

A Nikonian in California

My Nikonians Gallery

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Wed 21-Feb-07 01:19 AM
4681 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I could not log in for two days but after some trial and error got in tonight. The answer, I believe, is that capitalization matters now where it did not matter in the past.

Jon Kandel
New York
My Gallery

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Wed 21-Feb-07 02:17 AM
3541 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 5

St. Augustine, US

Thank you for solving my log in problem. I just tried using a capital N (as in Nikon32250) and, lo and behold, I am back in Nikonian heaven. Perhaps the moderators could put an announcement on the log in screen to alert people to this change

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

TampaNikon1 Registered since 30th Nov 2001Wed 21-Feb-07 03:09 AM
1070 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 6

Spring Hill, US

I had problems several time over the last couple of days.

the caps solved it but I know I never used caps before.

It would be nice if they explained/told us.

Bob
A Nikonian in Florida

Bob, A Florida Nikonian

"When you turn your camera on...does it return the favor?
"If Not get a "NIKON" !

HVAC GUY Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2006Wed 21-Feb-07 01:56 PM
1203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Hello, Very nice to know the problem is systemic, my user name has always been capitalized, more of an error on my part when I originally registered than anything ego driven, password has always been lower case. Any time there has been an issue it is always INCORRECT USERNAME. Problem occurred twice over the last two months. Than twice in the past two days, each time I attempted to login I was always careful about upper, lower case entry. Notified tech support twice, each time they fixed the issue, I was willing to change my user name if that would help but nothing in that regard was suggested. Each time I received a nice response from Gerold Brinkema, thanks Gerold. So we are not alone in this issue, that's comforting to know.

Barry

If it isn't a Nikon, it's just another camera

MelT Registered since 06th Jul 2002Wed 21-Feb-07 08:13 PM
4608 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 9

Petersburg, US

Well it is written on the logon failure page that the logon is now case sensitive. How long this has been there, I simply do not know. I do not understand why a posting or blast email couldn't have gone out though to warn about this so there wouldn't be so much confusion.

Mel

An Opinionated Old Curmudgeon from Virginia

Website - www.meltalley.com
Blog - http://blog.meltalley.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mel.talley
Twitter - @meltalley

mquarles Registered since 29th Dec 2006Wed 21-Feb-07 09:22 PM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 11

US

Same problem here, several times over the last month with the same explanations. The help desk is good at explaining, but frankly it is symptomatic of poor system administration. You just don't take the authentication service offline or modify it without a clear and special advance notice to the user community.

lawmanf Silver Member Charter MemberSat 02-Mar-13 06:33 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Login problem"
In response to Reply # 12

Boca Raton, US

Fred

I had the same problem, but all is back to normal now.

Thanks

Fred

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #40579 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.