Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #29
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cap, Strap or T-Shirt" Previous topic | Next topic
bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberWed 07-Jun-00 11:03 AM
5432 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"

Bratislava, SK

We're right now thinking about getting some nice give-aways done for Nikonians with our logo on them. Some of the ideas have been:

1. Good quality baseball caps.
2. T-Shirts (Hanes)
3. OP/TECH type of shoulder straps.

Do you have any ideas on nice give-aways which are also useful for Nikonians? (no, F5's or D1's our out of the budget )

Bo (Nikonian in the Black Forest/Germany)
My profile

Bo Stahlbrandt. Nikonians Founder and Administrator located in Bratislava/Slovakia and in the Black Forest/Germany.
Find out more about The Nikonians Team -- See the latest, hottest posts

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt
vfnewman Gold Member
07th Jun 2000
bgs Administrator
07th Jun 2000
f5fstop
07th Jun 2000
bgs Administrator
07th Jun 2000
f5fstop
07th Jun 2000
jrp Administrator
08th Jun 2000
f5fstop
17th Jun 2000
Mikepoison
17th Jun 2000
bgs Administrator
17th Jun 2000
Mikepoison
18th Jun 2000
Adesso
21st Jun 2000
Mikepoison
21st Jun 2000
pixhaven
30th Jun 2000
R. Trawick
24th Jun 2000
Mikepoison
24th Jun 2000
Reply message CAP!
cmaltese
24th Jun 2000
kfitzpat
28th Jun 2000
bgs Administrator
30th Jun 2000
f5fstop
30th Jun 2000
R. Trawick
05th Jul 2000
krf Silver Member
08th Aug 2000
kfitzpat
05th Jul 2000
bgs Administrator
05th Jul 2000
f5fstop
05th Jul 2000
bgs Administrator
06th Jul 2000
Eagleridge
25th Jul 2000
hipstr
07th Aug 2000
bgs Administrator
09th Aug 2000
f5fstop
10th Aug 2000
bgs Administrator
10th Aug 2000
bgs Administrator
10th Aug 2000
longlens Silver Member
10th Aug 2000
f5fstop
10th Aug 2000
longlens Silver Member
25th Aug 2000
bgs Administrator
11th Aug 2000
kevin
06th Sep 2000
Reply message cap, strap, etc.
mkiesel1
06th Sep 2000
Reply message RE: cap, strap, etc.
bgs Administrator
10th Sep 2000
redi15
18th Sep 2000
anncarter
28th Sep 2000
bgs Administrator
28th Sep 2000
Merlin
29th Sep 2000
f5fstop
29th Sep 2000
bgs Administrator
30th Sep 2000
jlord911
01st Oct 2000

vfnewman Gold Member Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Charter MemberWed 07-Jun-00 11:55 AM
4323 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Forest, US

Bo,

I think any of those ideas are good. My employer gives out lots of trinkets, and some other popular ones are small swiss army knives and a AAA-cell mini-maglite flashlight. Right up there too are the ever-requested coffee cups. We have found a supplier that has a really nice-looking simulated marble look that customers LOVE. I have no idea what the minimum order or lead time is on any of this stuff, but I can surely find the supplier's name and other information.

Personally, I have a weakness for coffee cups. I have several Nikon ones.

Victor Newman

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberWed 07-Jun-00 12:20 PM
5432 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 1

Bratislava, SK

Victor,

thanks for the additional ideas. I guess coffee cups are never wrong. Only minor obstacle with them might be the weight and the packaging whenever sent world-wide. OTOH, we could have some in stock at various locations

Maybe you could email me the contact information for your supplier there?

My profile

Bo Stahlbrandt. Nikonians Founder and Administrator located in Bratislava/Slovakia and in the Black Forest/Germany.

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberWed 07-Jun-00 07:57 PM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Private, UM

Black T Shirts with orange letters, or similar baseball cap. Possibly bright orange T shirt with black letters for us who shot during hunting season.

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberWed 07-Jun-00 08:17 PM
#4. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 3

Bratislava, SK

Doug,

yes black and orange in any combination - that will "scare the Moose" as we say up in Sweden.

Seriously, sort of, I think that that color combination looks good on lots of stuff. Do you know the picture of JRP with the black Nikon cap and the F4s in front of the yacht? Well, imagine JRP wearing an orange sweatshirt with black print and a black baseball cap with orange print, both saying "Proud to be a Nikonian @ nikonians.org" and you know what I'm looking for
(hoping JRP doesn't see this)

I tend to think "black background, orange foreground".

Btw, I'm trying right now to find someone who prints (black) OP/TECH straps.

My profile

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberWed 07-Jun-00 10:51 PM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 4

Private, UM

I remember the picture; how could one forget it.
With the color combinations you mention, the sharks will leave him alone.
I would agree with the black background and orange letters/foreground for the T shirt. However, think of the hat. Here in the hot south, a black hat is never worn eight months out of year. Brain would fry. Just a thought.
Can't help with the Op Tech straps.
DD

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 08-Jun-00 01:34 AM
34214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 5

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Ok guys, I read you.
Black background, orange lettering as in our Nikonians logo: YEAH!
By the way, there is a common misconception as for the use of a cap or hat: most people think that it is for shade. Well, it is really to keep the moisture inside, preventing evaporation and dehidration in desertic environments.
The Tuareg tribe, also known as the "blue people", wears wool
tinted in blue, in the Gobi desert in the Sahara. The textile dye eventually compromises the color of their skin and so they end up tinted in blue as their clothing. But not dehidrated; and for drink, they have hot tea under the blinding sun.
So, sorry DD, a black cap will not (necessarily) fry a brain. I would go for it also in black with orange letters to exactly match the T-shirt. I can have some samples made of the T-shirt here for about US$3.00 a piece. I woulds have to search for nice cotton caps since I have never seen a good one "down" here.
But then maybe I have a fried brain and are not yet aware of it, since I use black caps in the 104F degrees of our summers here in the dry northern "sunny" Mexico.
Have a great time
JRP
mailto:jrpalacios@nikonians.org
Previous photography stuff, before Nikonians and Bo Stahlbrandt: A brief love story at:
http://members.spree.com/business/jrpalacios/english/photography1.htm

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberSat 17-Jun-00 07:47 PM
#8. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 6

Private, UM

Never knew that about hats. Here I have always worn my white with red lettering/logo Standord hat during the summer and my black with gold CU Buffalo hat during the winter. Of course I wear them in TN, since I hate orange/white.
Ok, sign me up for a black hat with orange lettering, and I will wear it proudly when I'm on my camera trips.

DD

Mikepoison Basic MemberSat 17-Jun-00 03:53 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Amsterdam, NL

um.. drat. I really wanted an F5 with nikonians logo ... =(

a "nikonians" sticker, to replace the "cannon" on my friend cannon?

Mike

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberSat 17-Jun-00 10:36 PM
#9. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 7

Bratislava, SK

Mike,

yeah, you bet. A limited series of 50 F5's and 50 D1's to be used as give-aways. You got to wait some more there I'm afraid

Great idea with the sticker. The glue would be a special chemical mix dissolving the underlaying logo automagically of course

Btw, I thought Can*n was spelled Can*n

My profile

Mikepoison Basic MemberSun 18-Jun-00 09:19 AM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 9

Amsterdam, NL

well, I can wait.. can you give me an estimate of when they'll be shipped? =)

an .. well.. canon CAN be spelled can*n, but using the proper name always makes me think of TTONR (the test of no return)... you take it apart, and take some snaps of it. the critical rule is to make sure you won't be able to put it back together again.

So I'll call it canon

Mike

Adesso Basic MemberWed 21-Jun-00 09:47 AM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 10

Brandon, GB

How about a bumper sticker that says "Friends don't let friends use Canon" with the Nikonian logo in the lower corner? Just a thought. I think my dad would get a kick out of it considering he still uses Canon

"Film is Cheap, Images are Priceless."

Mikepoison Basic MemberWed 21-Jun-00 12:15 PM
#12. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 11

Amsterdam, NL

Hmm

but I don't have a car.. =)

Mike

pixhaven Basic MemberFri 30-Jun-00 05:37 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 11

How about some decent gearbags boldly marked CANON PHOTO GEAR, so my Nikons won't be stolen.

R. Trawick Sat 24-Jun-00 01:36 AM

#13. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

I would love a new coffee cup. Or better yet, a new 1 liter coffee mug! You know, something to get me through the wonderful morning meetings.
BTW, anyone have a mug they are willing to part with cheap? I use PayPal for payment....
Let me know....

Dixie Kid

Mikepoison Basic MemberSat 24-Jun-00 07:00 AM
#14. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 13

Amsterdam, NL

Not really, but I have french-ised myself in respects to morning coffee: I just use my specially bought "coffee bowls". which are really just soup bowls that I don't use for soup. they fit about 0.5 liter. two "cups", and I've got all the coffee I need.

plus it's fun to drink from

Mike

cmaltese Basic MemberSat 24-Jun-00 03:40 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "CAP!"
In response to Reply # 0

Definitely a cap!

CLM

kfitzpat Basic MemberWed 28-Jun-00 11:46 AM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Carmel, US

Good idea! Just a couple of suggestions: an insulated coffee mug to use in the car, or a camera strap that says "Nikonians", or a sun visor (the cloth type), or one of those nylon key holders (about 3/4" wide) that you wear around your neck that says "Nikonians"

Kim

Kim
><>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberFri 30-Jun-00 07:15 PM
#18. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 16

Bratislava, SK

Kim,

yes, we have been looking into the insulated cups. Might come soon, but there will also be other cups available (the insulated, high-quality ones are pretty expensive).

The camera strap will be available soon I hope. We have been checking out some various manufactures, but none of them had the stuff we wanted (we're looking for OP/TECH quality).

Sun visor. Good idea - on the list.

Key holders - Please give us some more input: Do you use them? Does anyone use them?

P.S. how's the Nikon shopping doing?

My profile and My gallery

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberFri 30-Jun-00 08:05 PM
#19. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 18

Private, UM

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-00 AT 10:06 PM (GMT)

Need to purchase a shirt prior to my photo trip in August and September/October. Don't want to wear my Photo-John present.
DD

PS Just in case Photo-John should read this posting, I'm only kidding, Bo and JRP. The shirt was great.

R. Trawick Wed 05-Jul-00 04:54 AM

#20. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 19

Last night I had a thought!!! Very scary!
I think a luggage tag for your bags would be great and practical! Very bright background color...easy to spot. Maybe better looking than my current use of wrapping "Police Crime Scene - DO NOT CROSS" tape around my bag. Can you believe some airlines prohibite this practice? Some get nervious just checking my bag out as I walk about!

Along the same lines, Any chance we could have an area to register all serial numbers of gear and list/post missing or stolen gear...?

But, I still want a BIG nikon travel mug.....

Dixie..

krf Silver Member Charter MemberTue 08-Aug-00 11:37 PM
753 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 20

Gainesville, US

Don't know if I'd want a luggage tag that advertised the possible contents of my bag. However, I think your "police line" bag marker is great! Here are couple more attention-getting lugagge marker ideas: Red and black "biohazard" stickers or black and yellow "radiation" stickers.

Kerry

Kerry

kfitzpat Basic MemberWed 05-Jul-00 03:41 PM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 18

Carmel, US

Bo,

<<Key holders - Please give us some more input: Do you use them? Does anyone use them?>>

On second thought, I am not so sure about the key holders. Everywhere I look someone seems to be selling them but I never see anyone using them. Both my boys have one and they don't really like them.

<<P.S. how's the Nikon shopping doing?>>

As far as the Nikon shopping is going, I am thrilled to say that I just placed an order with Cameraworld for an N80. I was told it would be about a 2-month wait. That info. didn't please me, but I'm just glad I finally made the big decision. You can't imagine how much time I spent reseaching the purchase of a new camera since this will be my camera for at least the next 20 years. I had my last very basic camera (and still have - a Minolta XG-1) for 22 years. I will, however, be making numerous lens additions (much to my husband's dismay, even though I know he will appreciate the pictures) over the next few years.

I have also ordered the AF28-105 lens which is in stock and should be here any day. It is going to kill me not to be able to use it for the next 2 months.

Thank you for all your advice. I know the basics of photography, but feel I have learned a tremendous amount in the short time since I discovered this great site.

I will let you know how I like my new camera. It is going to be a long 2 months!

Kim

Kim
><>

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberWed 05-Jul-00 06:58 PM
#22. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 21

Bratislava, SK

Kim,

yes, I also have a feeling that key holders aren't used that much.

Great to hear that you have ordered your N80! Two months... wow... you must be very much into getting that body.

Thanks for the kudos Kim and make sure you're posting some pics when you have that N80!

Here's a topic for the Nikonians Ladies forum:
"My husband and my lenses"

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberWed 05-Jul-00 08:20 PM
#23. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 22

Private, UM

Is that similar to "My Ex and my Money"???

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 06-Jul-00 07:51 PM
#24. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 23

Bratislava, SK

DD,

ROFL!

Depends on who's the photographer in the family I guess

Eagleridge Basic MemberTue 25-Jul-00 04:42 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Small pins (to attach to camera strap) with Nikonians/logo. Not sure if you can picture what I mean, I used to get hte as awards in boy scouts and my daughters buy them for thier gymnastisc and I know people collect them for the Olympics...These would probably be pretty cheap per piece.

>We're right now thinking about getting
>some nice give-aways done for
>Nikonians with our logo on
>them. Some of the ideas
>have been:
>
>1. Good quality baseball caps.
>2. T-Shirts (Hanes)
>3. OP/TECH type of shoulder straps.
>
>
>Do you have any ideas on
>nice give-aways which are also
>useful for Nikonians? (no, F5's
>or D1's our out of
>the budget )
>
>Bo (Nikonian in the Black Forest/Germany)
>
>My profile

hipstr Basic MemberMon 07-Aug-00 01:07 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Sugar Land, US

I think the caps, straps and t-shirts are excellent goodies. Perhaps coffee mugs and/or key chains would also work?

Michael

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberWed 09-Aug-00 05:59 PM
#28. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 26

Bratislava, SK

Hi Michael,

welcome to our little community!

We have some different gear being made right now. Some of the stuff mentioned in this thread is in there too. We hope that we'll have some stuff soon.

Yes, our dear ole Santa Nikonian is really late this year, but we're working on it

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberThu 10-Aug-00 02:34 AM
#29. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 28

Private, UM

How about an orange and black pair of saddle bags, that fit over the rear end of a car to put camera bodies in.

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 10-Aug-00 04:02 PM
#30. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 29

Bratislava, SK

Let me try to image this...

Streamlined Kevlar Saddle Bags on a Vette at 130 mph. Inside five F5's and three D1's and a double set of all the AFS's plus two AI-P 1200-1700 IF-ED zooms. Yes, that combo sounds like a good give-a-way. Only problem: How to attach the bags onto the car?

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 10-Aug-00 07:05 PM
#31. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 30

Bratislava, SK

Above reply made before I read about your accident...

Ok, what about 18" tires with Nikonians logo on them? I can already image the ad for this.... never mind, no Blonde jokes allowed.

longlens Silver Member Charter MemberThu 10-Aug-00 09:57 PM
806 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#32. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 31

Pleasant Hill, US

Bo:For some inexplicable reason I just learned of your possible "souvenirs" and wanted to help. The Op-Tech people in Montana are extremely pleasant and you may want to ask them (unless you already have) about making up camera straps to your specification. Optech has a website. In the U.S.A. several different models are marketed(I have Op-Tech straps on my F5 and F100, as well as a heavier medel on a small bag), with different camera attachments,colors, and you may want to determine which model is most versastile, since price is similar. As to caps, here in hot, sunny California, I find a light color is truly cooler, but shows soil easily. My experience in Morocco with the Tuaregs (who wear the dark blue hoods that eventually transfer blue dye to the skin)is that the dark color is to not show dirt and permit hood wearing for a long time (weeks?months?)since their culture developed in an era when water (for washing, especially)was sparse. They didn't seem to notice the heat (I did).For dark/light colors and heat, please refer to my recent reply from NikonJapan (AUTHORITY!!)regarding camera protection from direct sunlight exposure.In your cap design, please consider making one with a soft visor that wont flip the hat around or off, when you bring your head to the eyepiece. I found one with a neoprene visor that works well. Good luck with the project, and thanks for the creativity.

Stanley

Stan

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberThu 10-Aug-00 10:29 PM
#33. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 32

Private, UM

Bo/JRP,
How about two different color straps. One orange with black letter, the other black with orange letters. Here's why. I currently have yellow with black lettering Nikon straps on my F5 (have one extra strap now) and the wine color with yellow Nikon lettering on my F100.
This way, when I unzip my bag I can reach in and grap the camera strap knowing which camera will be attached to it.
Just some more ideas. I know I'll buy two: One orange and one black. (Maybe three who knows.)

Now a question for Stanley,
Do you like the neoprene straps? I tried one once and it felt like the F5 would stretch and break it very easily. It did seem to be more comfortable; however, I just didn't trust it. Now I keep reading about people using them and liking them, I would condider going back to one if it has Nikonian printed on it.
Doug

longlens Silver Member Charter MemberFri 25-Aug-00 07:15 PM
806 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#35. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 33

Pleasant Hill, US

Sorry for the reply delay, just noticed your question today(8/25). I use neoprene straps on both F5 and F100, and none has ever broken. I was first made aware of them by Galen Rowell, who at that time was using Tamrac strap, but I looked at all of them (OpTech, Tamrac, Aztec, others) and selected Optech, which has several different models with different camera attachemnts. I think its sort of personal choice, (like styles of tennis shoes)so look at all of the different attachments. They a)make camera seem lighter and my neck easier b)don't scratch things c)feel (to me)better. To complicate matters, they come in different colors. Will be away for about 2 weeks, now. Hope this helps. Stanley

Stan

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberFri 11-Aug-00 05:40 PM
#34. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 32

Bratislava, SK

Stanley,

thanks for the additional info. I have been around the OP/TECH site for a while but never got in touch with them directly. I will do so though - To hear if they are also capable of getting smaller series done with our logo on it. I somehow doubt they will, but your message indicates they are likely flexible (no pun intended).

Black cap with orange logo is probably the closest we can get to our "Corporate" Identity. But then, yes, that for sure doesn't cool you down either.

Thanks again for the info. We will keep the community up-to-date on what's happening on this front.

kevin Wed 06-Sep-00 01:01 PM

#36. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

I think money clips would be nice.

mkiesel1 Basic MemberWed 06-Sep-00 04:39 PM
#37. "cap, strap, etc."
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with many of the other people here as to logo items. Are you planning on using them as giveaways, or as things to purchase? Either way I like the coffee mugs, the black hat w/ oragne lettering, the shirt idea. When I think of some more things I'll write back. P.S. I'm a brand new member. I bought my first Nikon last week.

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberSun 10-Sep-00 11:05 AM
#38. "RE: cap, strap, etc."
In response to Reply # 37

Bratislava, SK

Welcome to our community!

These are supposed to be give aways or to be used as prizes for small contests.

We have had the first stuff done (still a secret ). Some more stuff on the way.

redi15 Basic MemberMon 18-Sep-00 06:25 PM
#39. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 0

any of the items would be welcome. other thoughts might be mouse pads, pens/pencils, or around here, those keychains with the neckstrap would look nice with the nikonians logo.

anncarter Basic MemberThu 28-Sep-00 03:08 AM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#40. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 39

I have hard time loading batteries in the correct position (ie: - & +) too hard to see the + & -. how about those new small laser flashlights with nikonians on the blask shell. can attach with sall chain, DA

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 28-Sep-00 08:07 PM
#41. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 40

Bratislava, SK

Ann,

Welcome to Nikonians!

Nice idea.... To check for the plus/minus sign with laser light, that's different

I can imagine that a small, black laser flashlight with the Nikonians logo on it would look great.

Will check it out.

Merlin Basic MemberFri 29-Sep-00 07:14 AM
416 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#42. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 41

Bo,

My vote goes to coffee cups! With my brain at ground idle, I was filling my old "Wales" coffee cup up the other day at work, turned suddenly, and managed to thump the cup against the porcelain sink. I was left holding just the handle, with all the coffee over my pants.

And why does this kind of thing always have to happen with a bunch of colleagues standing around - including two Nikonians? I hate it when this happens... I mean, it's not like it's funny or anything, is it?

Mike

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberFri 29-Sep-00 09:27 PM
#43. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 42

Private, UM

It is funny if it is not you with the coffee.
Doug

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberSat 30-Sep-00 11:26 AM
#44. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 42

Bratislava, SK

Mike,

Looks like you're not the only coffee drinker at Nikonians
And no, it's not funny when that happens

jlord911 Basic MemberSun 01-Oct-00 11:52 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#45. "RE: Cap, Strap or T-Shirt"
In response to Reply # 44

I'm with Mike. A coffee mug would be great. The travel kind in particular. I do a lot of driving, so a nice stainless spill-proof coffee mug would be great. Need my shipping address?

Jim.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #29 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.