Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #1328
View in linear mode

Subject: "28-80 lens 4 -5.6 nikor import (taiwan) does not show t..." Previous topic | Next topic
yickspic Basic MemberSat 10-Mar-01 04:46 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"28-80 lens 4 -5.6 nikor import (taiwan) does not show true f stop on N90"

I recently purchased a used but immaculate lens on EBAY and a totally new n90 from different sources but the lens does not show the true f-stop on the lcd read out. A coworker tells me this is common with the lens and n series cameras. Did I buy a defective lens? Note: another lens 70-200 does not have the same problem. New user to N series and debating whether to switch to a canon 1n if these oddities are consistant.
Thanks,

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

vfnewman Gold Member Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Charter MemberSat 10-Mar-01 02:55 PM
4323 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 28-80 lens 4 -5.6 nikor import (taiwan) does not show true f stop on N90"
In response to Reply # 0

Forest, US

Please be more specific about what the camera is showing. It is very likely working normally. With a variable-aperture zoom lens, the camera's lcd readout will show the "effective" aperture based on the focal length you have chosen.

Also, are you sure you aren't in an exposure mode where the camera is setting an aperture of its own choosing and you are not aware of it?

Please provide some more details of what is happening and I'm sure we can diagnose what's going on.

Victor Newman

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #1328 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.