Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12099
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eric Bowles and the Smoky Mountains Workshop" Previous topic | Next topic
jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sun 28-Oct-12 06:53 PM
482 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Eric Bowles and the Smoky Mountains Workshop"

Lafayette, US

If any Nikonians have the Smoky Mountain National Park on your places to photo list, may I suggest Eric Bowles, known as ericbowles on Nikonians. Eric runs workshops throughout the area. I have just recently returned from three days of photographing the Smokys with Eric as my guide.

He knew all the places for the "must get" shots and when to be there. We photographed Clingmans Dome, Cades Cove, including Sparks Lane, Tremont, etc. His knowledge of photography, camera, and the area made him invaluable. He even knew the best places to eat

So, if you are planning a trip and wondering what to shoot and where to go in the the Smoky's, I highly recommend you contact Eric.

Here is one of the pictures we took on the trip.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 02-Nov-12 01:16 PM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Eric Bowles and the Smoky Mountains Workshop"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Thanks, John. Thanks for the kind words. It was great having you join me for the week.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 03:57 PM
5907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Eric Bowles and the Smoky Mountains Workshop"
In response to Reply # 1

Tacoma, US

Eric,

I think this time of year you are supposed to respond with: "I'm Eric Bowles and I approve of this message."

Maybe someday I'll get to shoot with you over that way.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

phfcpa Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2007Mon 05-Nov-12 01:56 PM
195 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Eric Bowles and the Smoky Mountains Workshop"
In response to Reply # 1

Boca Raton, US

Eric,
Have you taken photos of the black Bears in April, May or June in Cades Cove. What in your opinion is the best time of year for that.
You also do a wildflower workshop, do you have the 2013 dates yet? Do you also do any waterfalls then?
Thanks.
Phil

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 05-Nov-12 02:40 PM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Eric Bowles and the Smoky Mountains Workshop"
In response to Reply # 3

Atlanta, US

Hi Phil

Early in the year the bears don't look very good. They are lean with spotty coats after going through a long winter. I have never gotten a good adult bear photo in early spring. The same is true for the deer - they are just a bit ratty in April and don't have antlers. Deer and bears are a lot better in late May or June through September - but then you end up fighting crowds a bit more.

The Wildflower Workshop is still being finalized - it will be in mid-April. That's a great time of year for streams and a lot of wildflower photos are around water. When timing is right, you get tiny bright green leaves on the trees. There are lots of great places for wildflowers. Cades Cove is not as important in the spring - we visit the area, but most of the wildflowers are in other areas.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12099 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.