Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Attention all WA or Perth Nikonians

Canning Vale, AU
54 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PhotoByKim Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2011
Sat 22-Sep-12 08:06 AM

Those individuals for whom I have email addresses have received a similar message to the following regarding a kick-off meeting in Perth for Nikonians interested in an Australian Chapter.

I have been asked to coordinate the first meeting in Perth. I am planning a coffee/meeting/discussion, Sunday 21 October, 10.00AM meeting outside Frazers Restaraunt.

After we have our “meeting” those who wish to do so can take in the beauty of the Park. Hopefully the wild flowers will still in bloom. We can do szome photo walkaround or similar.

Discussion points that we should cover are:
1. what kinds of activities would most interest you? For example, webinars, face-to-face instruction (cameras, shooting techniques, p/p software etc ), photo shoots, expeditions – the kind of activities the Nikonians Academy does in the US and Europe?

2. would you be prepared to pay for Nikonians activities that have a cost associated eg transport hire, venue entry, external educator etc

3. how do you feel an Australian Nikonians Chapter should organise itself given the size of this country?

4. Are you willing to provide some contact details for a database of members? (just name, phone number, suburb/region and email address

5. Are you interested in being involved in helping with planning and organising meetings, activities and outings?

Please come armed with thoughts in these areas and any other additional points you want to cover.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible on the 21st October.

Kim Stewart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

"People will forget what you said, forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." — Maya Angelou