nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12074
View in linear mode

Subject: "Going for 10 days in Israel - Which lenses to take?" Previous topic | Next topic
Devek Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jun 2012Tue 18-Sep-12 04:36 AM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Going for 10 days in Israel - Which lenses to take?"

Tucson, US

I will be traveling to Israel in November for a few days and I intend to take the D800 with me. I was thinking of the 24-70mm F2.8, and the 70-200mm F2.8 lenses.

Can anyone comment on the selection? I might drop the 70-200mm from the "list" and maybe take the 50mm F1.8 instead.

Thanks.

---
D800, D7000

My Website: www.DevekMaga.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Hawk Eyes Registered since 09th Jun 2012Tue 18-Sep-12 07:51 AM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Going for 10 days in Israel - Which lenses to take?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 18-Sep-12 07:54 AM by Hawk Eyes

US

I think its just right 24-70 70-200 with D800 the best IMO. So many things can happen over there, good and bad. If you could throw a Tc-2 in there, then you would have everything covered for sure. I use that same setup for all my work. I carry all of it, in a Mid size low pro fanny back pack, with me at all times when shooting. Only set the pack down when shooting fashion. Works awesome for me !

Henry64 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2008Tue 18-Sep-12 08:36 AM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Going for 10 days in Israel - Which lenses to take?"
In response to Reply # 1

DK

If the purpose is to make photos of highest possible quality, you should be just fine with those LOL.
If a little less could do it, you should stick to a 24-120/F4 if you own one - it does it all very well and is sooooooo much handier to carry around. Bring your 50mm for extrem lowlight situations.

BTW what kind of photos? street, wildlife, nature/landscape?

mikesrc Registered since 04th May 2009Tue 18-Sep-12 11:05 PM
299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Going for 10 days in Israel - Which lenses to take?"
In response to Reply # 2

OKLAHOMA CITY, US

Bullet proof ones

Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12074 Previous topic | Next topic