Australian Nikonians Chapter - Brisbane Open Invitation
This is an open invitation for the initial Brisbane group meeting on Saturday 13th October for 10.00am at the Brisbane Powerhouse, New Farm, Brisbane. Anybody in the Brisbane region on the day is welcome to attend.
We will be taking a look at the Fernando Espinosa Chauvin photographic exhibition 'Galapagos Surreal' followed by an informal chat over coffee by the river. I have attached a map for those who have not been to the Powerhouse before and a link below to the current season schedule of events there, where you can read about the exhibition on page 30.
I would suggest we bring our cameras, as the Powerhouse has some photographic appeal with its old brick walls and river views. If the timing is right the rose gardens in New Farm Park are also worth a look. I am checking if photography is allowed indoors and will let you know on the day. It is quite dark in places inside so if we are allowed to do indoor shots you might like to have a tripod. You do not have to lump it around with you all day as the carpark is very close, though parking right at the venue or in New Farm Park next door can be difficult at times (particularly if it is a nice day). There is a cafe and restaurant by the river deck for coffee or food.
If you could have a think about the topics below and possibly jot down your thoughts it will help facilitate our chat about where to from here. Feel free to add any other points for discussion also.
1. What kinds of activities would most interest you? For example, webinars, face-to-face instruction (cameras, shooting techniques, p/p software etc ), photo shoots, expeditions the kind of activities the Nikonians Academy does in the US and Europe?
2. Would you be prepared to pay for Nikonians activities that have a cost associated e.g. transport hire, venue entry fees, external educator, etc?
3. How do you feel an Australian Nikonians Chapter should organise itself given the size of this country?
4. Are you willing to provide some contact details for a database of members? (Not after your bank account details, just name, phone number, suburb/region and email address)
5. Are you interested in being involved in helping with planning and organising meetings, activities and outings?
Thank you all for your willingness to get involved in bringing this together and hopefully we can build something of value to ourselves and any others who choose to join in. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as can come on the day.
Dean Butler (Grunion)
Attachment #1, (pdf file)