Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12059
View in linear mode

Subject: "Australian Nikonians Chapter - Melbourne Invitation" Previous topic | Next topic
ozscribe Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Jun 2004Fri 07-Sep-12 10:11 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Australian Nikonians Chapter - Melbourne Invitation"
Fri 07-Sep-12 10:13 AM by ozscribe

Melbourne, AU

ATTENTION MELBOURNIAN NIKONIANS:

As the next step in officially forming our section of the Aussie chapter, my suggestion is that interested Melbourne Nikonians meet at the National Gallery of Victoria at 180 St Kilda Road (at the entrance where the water runs down the window) . Parking is available in the arts centre carpark behind the NGV or you may be lucky and get one on the street. And of course public transport is handy.
On the third floor of NGV there is a very large photography collection which is free to view. I cannot guarantee what will be on display, but entry is free. Large bags will have to be checked but a DSLR slung over the shoulder seems OK, however there may be some restrictions in certain areas.

I propose that we meet on either Sat 6th October or Sunday 7th October at 10am at NGV for a coffee and a chat about the following agenda before viewing the photography, after which we can take some street photos, or architectural shots as the buildings in this precinct are very interesting.

Here's a few questions to consider, but you may have others.
1. what kinds of activities would most interest you? For example, webinars, face-to-face instruction (cameras, shooting techniques, p/p software etc ), photo shoots, expeditions – ie the kind of activities the Nikonians Academy does in the US and Europe?
2. would you be prepared to pay for Nikonians activities? – because even webinars will cost something
3. how do you feel an Australian Nikonians Chapter should organise itself given the size of this country?
4. do you feel you have sufficient skills in some area of photography to run a local training/webinar?
5. whether you would be willing to help with organisation or coordination of the Melbourne group (since I also have a national coordination role)
If you are interested in this proposal could you please respond to me via normal email ozscribe@gmail.com (using Nikonians private messaging is too cumbersome).
When responding can you please indicate:
1. if you would be attending the get-together (you are welcome to bring a friend).
2. if not attending, are you interested to be added to our Chapter database for the future.
3. if you have a more preferred date for the meeting. If many cannot do one of the dates I suggested above, we could choose the date to suit the majority.
4. if there are other items you would like to add to the agenda.
5. if you are willing to be contacted by normal email outside of the Nikonian’s PM system
6. if you are happy to share contact details (name,email, suburb, mobile number) with other Melbourne members (offline, not online and with privacy agreement)
I look forward to hearing from you, and in turn to meeting you soon.
Regards

Graeme (ozscribe)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12059 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.