nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12058
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9" Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberThu 06-Sep-12 05:27 AM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
Thu 06-Sep-12 05:28 AM by avm247

Rancho Cordova, US

Is anyone going to the California Capital Air Show? Its this weekend, Sept 8-9, 9am - 5pm. USAF Thunderbirds headlining this year.
http://californiacapitalairshow.com/

Just wondering.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9
tdDunbar
11th Sep 2012
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
11th Sep 2012
tdDunbar
12th Sep 2012
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Sep 2012
DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography
11th Sep 2012
tdDunbar
12th Sep 2012
bobcamarena
12th Sep 2012

tdDunbar Registered since 24th Feb 2010Tue 11-Sep-12 05:59 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 0

Fremont, CA, US

Sorry - I didn't see this until I got back from the airshow. I signed up for the photo tour. For the first part of the show we shot from the compass rose on the other side of the runways and for the later part of the show we positioned between where the F-16s and the P-38 were parked. Both very cool locations.

Here is one of my shots from the weekend. Hope you had as great a time as I did.

Tammy -

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberTue 11-Sep-12 06:29 AM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 11-Sep-12 06:30 AM by avm247

Rancho Cordova, US

I thought you'd be there. I just loved the warbirds...P-38, F4U, simply amazing! I thought the belle of the show was the B-25 Mitchell.

I have a couple of posts in Aviation, let me know what you think, Tammy.

Anthony

tdDunbar Registered since 24th Feb 2010Wed 12-Sep-12 05:49 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 2

Fremont, CA, US

I'm with you on the old warbirds -- and they just keep chugging along. My favorite is that P-38. Shooting most of the afternoon about 15' away from it might have had something to do with my affection for it. I didn't even mind having to pick up and move my gear so it could taxi out for one of it's routines.

Tammy -

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberWed 12-Sep-12 06:01 AM
#6. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 4

Rancho Cordova, US

Yeah, that P-38 and F4U were both tied for second place for me...seems like P-51 Mustangs are often seen, but the Lightning and the Corsair are just spectacular.

Anthony

DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography Nikonian since 02nd Sep 2003Tue 11-Sep-12 03:20 PM
6140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 1

Sacramento, US

Sweet shot Tammy! (yes I'm still alive and lurking about)

Love the afterburner.

Dave

"You, you and you … Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
~U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt.~

** The Moderators Page ~ My Nikonians Gallery ~ My Web Site ~ Sacramento, CA Area Chapter Gallery **

tdDunbar Registered since 24th Feb 2010Wed 12-Sep-12 05:51 AM
#5. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 3

Fremont, CA, US

Don't all of your F-16 shots have afterburners in them?

Tammy -

bobcamarena Registered since 04th May 2003Wed 12-Sep-12 08:06 PM
1471 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Sacramento Nikonians: CA Capital Air Show Sept 8-9"
In response to Reply # 0

Sacramento, US

Good to hear from you guys -- I haven't seen anything from our Sacramento Nikonians in a long time. Great shots including those in the Aviation forum. I haven't been doing much photography lately but I'm circling back to it. I kind of go from one interest to another and back again (it's been ham radio since last October.)

Bob Camarena

Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #12058 Previous topic | Next topic