Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #11155
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rome, Italy Location hints" Previous topic | Next topic
jamestoo Registered since 03rd Dec 2009Wed 03-Feb-10 05:57 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Rome, Italy Location hints"

Bucharest, RO

Hi I thought my D700 could do with a holiday so we're off to Rome this weekend

Never been there before so thought i'd ask if anyone has any recommendations on great locations worth shooting in the city.

if you've any suggestions to help me plan that'd be great

James

Visit Me On Flickr .

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DigitalHeMan Registered since 03rd Aug 2004Sat 06-Feb-10 10:40 PM
779 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Rome, Italy Location hints"
In response to Reply # 0

Amsterdam, NL

Hi James,

My advice is probably a bit late coming, but nevertheless, these are some of the places you should have visited if you didn't when you were there If you have a tripod, I would advise you to take a lot of the shots below at night - my favorite shots from my trip to Rome were night exposures...

- St Peter's Basilica, Vatican City (the outside photographs really well at night time)
- Pantheon
- A day trip to Ostia Antica, maybe stopping off at the EUR district on the return
- Trevi Fountain
- Colloseum
- Some of the markets (there is a great one with a fair amount of photo gear, but i forget the name)
- Piazza Navona

But to be honest, anywhere you walk will be photogenic

--
Simon
Nikonian in Amsterdam
Website
Flickr Photostream
Check out my blog

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians travel & meet: tours, gatherings, chapters topic #11155 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.