nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby POST YOUR PICTURES Photo Assignments (Public) topic #9739
View in linear mode

Subject: "July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
rmigliaccio Administrator  Barrington, US  Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004 Mon 01-Jul-13 01:19 PM
4118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"

Please read the Rules and Objectives before you submit a photo for this Assignment.

The July Assignment is “Wide Angle”.

Last month we did “Macro”. This month's assignment we’ll do the opposite - provide wall worthy images of an extreme wide angle shot of a subject. Use of a wide angle lens is preferred, but if you don’t have one, shoot at the shortest focal length you have. Be mindful of the distortion that often accompanies the use of wide angle lenses. Do you intend for such distortion to be and important element of the image? Also, be mindful of your depth of field since wide angle lenses provide a stronger depth of field. Therefore, most of your image will be in focus. Is that intended?

It would be helpful to all if you identify in your post the lens you used.

There are no other restrictions except that your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF JULY, 2013. I have noticed that some have used archived photos to satisfy an assignment (i.e. photos NOT taken during the month of the assignment). Using images taken prior to July of 2013 is NOT PERMITTED and will be deleted. Please honor the rules of the assignment.

As always, I emphasize “artistic”. Strive to be different; let your artistic juices flow when composing your image. Is the image you post for this assignment one you would be willing to frame and hang on your wall?? Please keep in mind that images will be selected based on image quality, subject matter, relevance to the assignment, and creativity just to name a few.

Also, over the course of the month, you may post no more than four (4) images. I want you to be discriminating in the selection of images you post for this assignment – PLEASE POST ONLY YOUR BEST SHOTS!!!

Also, please:

• Be imaginative and go for the unusual shot. After all, that’s what makes this fun!!!
• Do not use a shot in your archive – the whole point of this exercise is that it is an assignment.
• Submit only artistic shots. Naturally, we want to see your very best work with regard to subject matter and composition - translation – snapshots are not permitted.
• Include shooting data, and ideally, please include your thinking behind the scene – what were you trying/hoping to capture, and did you succeed?

As discussed here, the top five images will be selected by the previous month’s winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image with be added to our new Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery.

I look forward to seeing how you fulfill this assignment!

Good luck!!!

Rob

My Nikonians Gallery

Team Page

My Website

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

Alert Print | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message Mt. Rundle at Dawn lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
11th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle Out west nikocarol Silver Member
14th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
19th Jul 2013
Reply message Just for Fun Dave_K Gold Member
19th Jul 2013
Reply message Summer Night At The Lake tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Jul 2013
Reply message Afternoon At The Lake tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Jul 2013
Reply message Old Lyme,Ct. rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Jul 2013
Reply message Old Lyme,Ct. 2 rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Jul 2013
Reply message Night Vision D2Xstatic Silver Member
23rd Jul 2013
Reply message Biltmore Residence Ferguson Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: Biltmore Residence dwaycie Silver Member
25th Jul 2013
Reply message Betty Jo Under Douglas Falls Ferguson Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle TheLesters
24th Jul 2013
24th Jul 2013
24th Jul 2013
Reply message Heceta Head Lighthouse Sunset jimray Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message Heceta Head Lighthouse Sunset #2 jimray Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message Sweet Creek trail jimray Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: Sweet Creek trail kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
24th Jul 2013
     Reply message RE: Sweet Creek trail jimray Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message Another moonlit night scene D2Xstatic Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
Reply message Before The Storm tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
24th Jul 2013
Reply message Don't Fear the Reaper SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.
25th Jul 2013
Reply message Waiting for a fill up SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.
25th Jul 2013
Reply message Sunflowers dhalloxf Silver Member
26th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment –Somers, MT kjacl
27th Jul 2013
Reply message Without looking back olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.
27th Jul 2013
Reply message Dining hall - Keble college Oxford geneluck Silver Member
27th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: Dining hall - Keble college Oxford mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Jul 2013
     Reply message RE: Dining hall - Keble college Oxford geneluck Silver Member
31st Jul 2013
Reply message Cowboys Stadium lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
28th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Jul 2013
Reply message Waiting for the Rain Viking In Winter
28th Jul 2013
Reply message Copenhagen Opera House asnnet Silver Member
29th Jul 2013
Reply message The yacht Legend asnnet Silver Member
29th Jul 2013
Reply message Rocky Neck State Park 1 rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
30th Jul 2013
Reply message Rocky Neck State Park 2 rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
30th Jul 2013
Reply message Parents 50th Anniversary Wedding Cake cesarruiz Silver Member
30th Jul 2013
Reply message Soka University gheck58 Silver Member
31st Jul 2013
Reply message Bruges skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Jul 2013
Reply message Megler Pilings skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Jul 2013
Reply message Sunset Reflection skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Jul 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
31st Jul 2013
Reply message Mirror Image Evening On The Lake tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
01st Aug 2013
Reply message RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle cosmicfires Silver Member
01st Aug 2013
01st Aug 2013
01st Aug 2013

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Dallas, US  Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007 Thu 11-Jul-13 04:36 AM
832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "Mt. Rundle at Dawn"
In response to Reply # 0

From Banff National Park, Mt. Rundle reflected in Two Jack Lake. Taken July 1 at 6:25 AM. The wide angle allowed the hint of rocks in the lake and the extended tree line.

D600, 24-85 VR @ 24mm, f/22, three shot HDR at 2-stop increment, HDR Efex Pro 2

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Top

nikocarol Silver Member  Santa Fe, US  Nikonian since 14th Jun 2010 Sun 14-Jul-13 02:50 PM
296 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle Out west"
In response to Reply # 0

New Mexico skies are amazing during monsoon...and the promise has arrived.

F18 1/400 18-200 D300

Thanks for looking,Carol

Alert Print | Top

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community   Lowden, US  Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006 Fri 19-Jul-13 04:55 AM
12192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 22-Jul-13 03:33 AM by dm1dave

Nice images so far - I hope we can get more participants!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on image to view larger version
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Alert Print | Top

Dave_K Gold Member  Pinehurst, US  Nikonian since 29th Dec 2002 Fri 19-Jul-13 11:01 AM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "Just for Fun"
In response to Reply # 0

"Just for Fun"

A 1958 Ford Fairlane in Aberdeen, NC at high noon. Image acquired using a D700 and an AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR on a Gitzo 3530LS with a Markins head at 1/250, f/22, ISO 800. This is a five image HDR processed in Aperture with the Photomatix HDR plug-in.

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera.

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Sat 20-Jul-13 02:39 PM
1923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "Summer Night At The Lake"
In response to Reply # 0

D800, Nikkor 28mm at f/4.5, ISO 1000, at 1 sec

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Sat 20-Jul-13 02:49 PM
1923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "Afternoon At The Lake"
In response to Reply # 0

D800 with Nikkor 28mm at f/16, ISO 200, 1/160 sec

Alert Print | Top

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Mon 22-Jul-13 11:38 PM
4736 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "Old Lyme,Ct."
In response to Reply # 0

D7100,12-24mmTokina@15mm,F/11@1/40,ISO 100,tripod,manual,remote release,CPL

Rick

Alert Print | Top

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Tue 23-Jul-13 01:26 PM
4736 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "Old Lyme,Ct. 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Another from the same vantage point but a 3 shot HDR

D7100,12-24mmTokina@15mm,tripod,manual,remote release,F/11@1/40(base shot),ISO 100,CPL

Rick

Alert Print | Top

D2Xstatic Silver Member  Eugene, US  Nikonian since 16th Mar 2011 Tue 23-Jul-13 05:18 PM
906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "Night Vision"
In response to Reply # 0

Shot this two nights ago by moonlight. D700, VR24-120f4G, 30mm, auto ISO 2500, 4s, f4, +2.0EV, WH200, Benro tripod

Alert Print | Top

Ferguson Silver Member  Cape Coral, US  Nikonian since 20th Aug 2004 Wed 24-Jul-13 03:04 AM
3925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "Biltmore Residence"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 24-Jul-13 03:08 AM by Ferguson

D800 with 24-70mm F9 @ 24mm ISO 200, so while not the most wide angle lens, the shot was very wide.

Imagine mowing that lawn in late 1800's.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://www.captivephotons.com

Alert Print | Top

dwaycie Silver Member  Buffalo Grove, US  Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2008 Thu 25-Jul-13 09:01 PM
267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: Biltmore Residence"
In response to Reply # 10

Heck, imagine mowing that lawn in the mid-90's!

Alert Print | Top

Ferguson Silver Member  Cape Coral, US  Nikonian since 20th Aug 2004 Wed 24-Jul-13 03:13 AM
3925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "Betty Jo Under Douglas Falls"
In response to Reply # 0

D800 and 14-24/F2.8 @ 14mm @ F16 ISO100 and 1/5th second.

(this size image is actually a bit hard to see my wife, but you can see her expression in the original, if anyone is curious reassemble the URL below)

www . captivephotons.com/Travel/Asheville2013/i-QTrj7LM/0/O/Asheville%202013%20-%20014-O.jpg

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://www.captivephotons.com

Alert Print | Top

TheLesters   Birmingham, US  Registered since 20th Oct 2011 Wed 24-Jul-13 03:44 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 24-Jul-13 03:51 AM by TheLesters

Sunrise with a palm tree reflection in Punta Cana - Dominican Republic
1/100 F4 ISO 200 44mm

I had been out shooting the sunrise and was on the way back to my room at the resort when I saw the reflection of these palm trees in a pool of water atop a granite surface. It called for me to come back and take a picture, so I did.

Alert Print | Top

TheLesters   Birmingham, US  Registered since 20th Oct 2011 Wed 24-Jul-13 03:46 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 24-Jul-13 03:52 AM by TheLesters

Sunrise - Punta Cana, DR
1/5000 F 2.8 ISO 800 (mistakenly left it too high) @ 18mm

I used the rock to anchor the photo for this sunrise shot.

Alert Print | Top

TheLesters   Birmingham, US  Registered since 20th Oct 2011 Wed 24-Jul-13 03:54 AM
#14. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

1/20 Sec F8 ISO 200 @ 30mm

I really liked the pattern in the sand so I highlighted it in the photo and added enough palms that is finished revealing the rest of what was there.

Alert Print | Top

jimray Silver Member  Springfield, US  Nikonian since 12th Jul 2009 Wed 24-Jul-13 04:09 AM
279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "Heceta Head Lighthouse Sunset"
In response to Reply # 0

Still experimenting with my new 10-24 lens trying to capture a sunset at the local lighthouse which was recently "relighted" after a two year renovation project. I used a Hoya ND8 filter on this shot. D90, 10-24 Nikkor @17mm, 1/6 sec, f22. Processed in LR5 and PSE10.

James Buch Photography

Alert Print | Top

jimray Silver Member  Springfield, US  Nikonian since 12th Jul 2009 Wed 24-Jul-13 04:13 AM
279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "Heceta Head Lighthouse Sunset #2"
In response to Reply # 0

One more of the lighthouse. D90 Nikkor 10-24 @ 24mm, 1/3 sec, f22. Hoya ND4 filter. Processed in LR 5 and PSE 10

James Buch Photography

Alert Print | Top

jimray Silver Member  Springfield, US  Nikonian since 12th Jul 2009 Wed 24-Jul-13 04:21 AM
#17. "Sweet Creek trail"
In response to Reply # 0

Sweet Creek flows out of the Coast range into the Siuslaw River after tumbling over many small and some large waterfalls. Always a great place to make pictures. I've been trying to get images from different seasons and times of day. This one is a late summer afternoon attempt. D90, Nikkor 10-24 @ 13mm, 1/6 sec, f8. ISO 200. ND4 filter. Processed in LR5.

James Buch Photography

Alert Print | Top

kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Seattle, US  Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011 Wed 24-Jul-13 06:13 AM
908 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Sweet Creek trail"
In response to Reply # 17

Nice shot. I would like to find some like this and shoot it as well.

And I like that this was processed in LR5. If only LR5 had layer capability it would be a total PP tool.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Alert Print | Top

jimray Silver Member  Springfield, US  Nikonian since 12th Jul 2009 Wed 24-Jul-13 02:45 PM
#19. "RE: Sweet Creek trail"
In response to Reply # 18

Thanks, Ken. I started using Lightroom last fall, installed LR5 when it became available this spring and now seldom use PSE. LR is a great tool. And, Sweet Creek is a wonderful place with so many photo ops you'll want to keep going back for more and it really doesn't matter what time of year you go. Braver souls than me even kayak it in the winter/spring when the flow is really high.

Jim

James Buch Photography

Alert Print | Top

D2Xstatic Silver Member  Eugene, US  Nikonian since 16th Mar 2011 Wed 24-Jul-13 05:45 PM
906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "Another moonlit night scene"
In response to Reply # 0

D700, 20-35f2.8D, 35mm, auto ISO 1400, 8s, f5.6, +.3EV
I used cool white flo for WB to blue the sky up more.

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Wed 24-Jul-13 10:02 PM
#21. "Before The Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

D800, Nikkor 28mm at f/13, ISO 200, 1/250 +/- 1 stop processed in NIK Efex Pro 2

Alert Print | Top

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.   SouthernYork Co, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010 Thu 25-Jul-13 04:20 PM
1947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "Don't Fear the Reaper"
In response to Reply # 0

( ok, I know it's a combine)
D700, Sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6 II @ 12 mm F/9 , 1/100s ISO 100, on board flash ( I have to start carrying and learning my SB800) tripod

Sheri Becker

Alert Print | Top

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.   SouthernYork Co, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010 Thu 25-Jul-13 04:31 PM
1947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "Waiting for a fill up"
In response to Reply # 0

Old farm truck sitting in the last of the evening light, waiting to be filled with oats..
D700, Sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6 II @ 12mm. f7, ISO 500. 1/60s tripod

Sheri Becker

Alert Print | Top

dhalloxf Silver Member  Oxford, US  Nikonian since 22nd Oct 2006 Fri 26-Jul-13 10:06 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "Sunflowers"
In response to Reply # 0

Nikon D300,1/250,ISO 200,f/11,Sigma 10-20@20mm.

Dave

Alert Print | Top

kjacl   US  Registered since 29th Jun 2006 Sat 27-Jul-13 01:32 AM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment –Somers, MT"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 27-Jul-13 05:39 AM by kjacl

In Somers, MT on July 4th weekend. Canola field near Flathead Lake. Beautiful country.

Nikon D600, F8, ISO200, 1/640

Alert Print | Top

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.   Boudry, CH  Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005 Sat 27-Jul-13 10:43 AM
5032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "Without looking back"
In response to Reply # 0

I thought of this challenge when I took my brother in law to the station yesterday... sadly, I did only have a 35/2 with me. But after all, 35-mm lenses were considered wide some decades ago, weren't they?

D700, 35/2 AF-D, f/7.1, ISO 200, 1/80 handheld. PP in LR4.4 and CS6.

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Alert Print | Top

geneluck Silver Member  Reading, UK  Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004 Sat 27-Jul-13 10:04 PM
2646 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#28. "Dining hall - Keble college Oxford"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 27-Jul-13 10:06 PM by geneluck

D800 with Nikkor 20mm f2.8 ISO 200 1/100s. shot yesterday afternoon.
Jean-luc

geneluck

Alert Print | Top

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tacoma, US  Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006 Wed 31-Jul-13 12:15 AM
6402 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#37. "RE: Dining hall - Keble college Oxford"
In response to Reply # 28

Jean-luc, how did you get to Hogwarts?!?!?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Alert Print | Top

geneluck Silver Member  Reading, UK  Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004 Wed 31-Jul-13 04:30 PM
2646 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#42. "RE: Dining hall - Keble college Oxford"
In response to Reply # 37

Watch out Mick, I might be next to you!
Jean-luc

geneluck

Alert Print | Top

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Dallas, US  Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007 Sun 28-Jul-13 01:16 AM
832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#29. "Cowboys Stadium"
In response to Reply # 0

Cowboys Stadium, as set up for the CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-finals Wednesday night, 7/24. A very large crowd showed up.

D3100, Tokina zoom fisheye @ 10mm, f/4.5, 1/13 sec, ISO 100.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Alert Print | Top

Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Campo, US  Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010 Sun 28-Jul-13 11:44 AM
436 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#30. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

This was taken in Yintan, China with a chipped Nikon 24mm AIS f2.8 lens. Taken at f8, 1/1600s, ISO 100 with a D800.

Alert Print | Top

Viking In Winter   Mequon, US  Registered since 01st Dec 2011 Sun 28-Jul-13 01:51 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#31. "Waiting for the Rain"
In response to Reply # 0

D200 iso800 11mm Tokina Lens f11
An overcast day with no wind. No shadows, dead calm before the storm.

Alert Print | Top

asnnet Silver Member  Copenhagen, DK  Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2007 Mon 29-Jul-13 06:37 PM
110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#32. "Copenhagen Opera House"
In response to Reply # 0

D700, Nikon 14-24 @ 14 mm, F8, 2 sec.

This is the result of an attempt to get a different view of a building, which a lot of people takes pictures of every day.

I took the picture about 45 minutes after sunset to get the color I wanted in the sky - and the effect of the interior lighting, without loosing the texture of the pavement.

Anders

Alert Print | Top

asnnet Silver Member  Copenhagen, DK  Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2007 Mon 29-Jul-13 06:48 PM
110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#33. "The yacht Legend"
In response to Reply # 0

D700, Nikon 14-24 @ 14 mm, F11, 1/320 s

Mostly, this was an attempt to get an effect out of the wide angle, where the mooring leads into the picture - and then use the "stretch" effect to give an impression of the size of the yacht.

Alert Print | Top

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Tue 30-Jul-13 10:16 PM
#34. "Rocky Neck State Park 1"
In response to Reply # 0

D7100,12-24mmTokina @13mm,ISO 100,tripod,cable release,CPL,F/11@1/40

Rick

Alert Print | Top

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Tue 30-Jul-13 10:19 PM
#35. "Rocky Neck State Park 2"
In response to Reply # 0

D7100,10.5 fisheye,tripod,ISO 100,cable release,F/11@1/200

Rick

Alert Print | Top

cesarruiz Silver Member  Doral, US  Nikonian since 14th Jul 2012 Tue 30-Jul-13 11:49 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#36. "Parents 50th Anniversary Wedding Cake"
In response to Reply # 0

D300, Sigma 18-50 at 32mm, ISO 200, 1/40s, f/5.6

Alert Print | Top

gheck58 Silver Member  Aliso Viejo, US  Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003 Wed 31-Jul-13 02:31 AM
2820 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#38. "Soka University"
In response to Reply # 0

Here's a shot from Soka University a couple of blocks from me in Aliso Viejo, CA. A wonderful serene campus. D700, 16-35VR, 16mm at f/13, post in LR5

Hecky

Alert Print | Top

skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Astoria, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2006 Wed 31-Jul-13 06:27 AM
729 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#39. "Bruges"
In response to Reply # 0

Nikon D800, F/5.6, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, Rokinon 14mm Fisheye

Darryl
Northern Oregon Coast

Alert Print | Top

skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Astoria, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2006 Wed 31-Jul-13 06:31 AM
729 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#40. "Megler Pilings"
In response to Reply # 0

Nikon D800, F/16, 15 minutes, 41 sec, ISO 200, Zeiss 21mm Distagon, Lee Filter 10-stop ND "Big Stopper", stacked w/2.5-stop GND

Darryl
Northern Oregon Coast

Alert Print | Top

skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Astoria, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2006 Wed 31-Jul-13 06:34 AM
#41. "Sunset Reflection"
In response to Reply # 0

Nikon D800, F/16, 1/8 sec, ISO 50, Zeiss 21mm Distagon, 2.5-stop GND

Darryl
Northern Oregon Coast

Alert Print | Top

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Destrehan, US  Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009 Wed 31-Jul-13 06:10 PM
727 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#43. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Fantastic shots everyone !!! Going to be really hard to pick from this marvelous group.
Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Thu 01-Aug-13 04:50 AM
#44. "Mirror Image Evening On The Lake"
In response to Reply # 0

D800, Nikkor 28mm, ISO 800, f/6.3 at 1/1250

Alert Print | Top

cosmicfires Silver Member  Lynnwood, US  Nikonian since 22nd Nov 2011 Thu 01-Aug-13 06:04 AM
501 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#45. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 01-Aug-13 06:08 AM by cosmicfires

Nikon D7000
Nikkor 10-24G @10mm, circular polarizer
ISO 100
Aperture: f/11
Shutter speed: 1/200
Naneum Meadow, Washington State

my website

Alert Print | Top

cosmicfires Silver Member  Lynnwood, US  Nikonian since 22nd Nov 2011 Thu 01-Aug-13 06:07 AM
501 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#46. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Nikon D7000
Nikon 10-24mm @10mm
ISO 800
Aperture: f/16
Shutter speed: 1/100
Picnic Point Park, Mukilteo, Washington

my website

Alert Print | Top

cosmicfires Silver Member  Lynnwood, US  Nikonian since 22nd Nov 2011 Thu 01-Aug-13 06:14 AM
#47. "RE: July, 2013 Assignment – Wide Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Camera: D7000
Lens and Filters: Nikkor 10-24G @10mm, circular polarizer
Film and/or ISO: ISO 100
Aperture: f/11
Shutter speed: 1/125

my website

Alert Print | Top

Forums Lobby POST YOUR PICTURES Photo Assignments (Public) topic #9739 Previous topic | Next topic