Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby IMAGE SHARING - POST PICTURES FORUMS Online Photo Assignments (Public) topic #9574
View in linear mode

Subject: "March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
rmigliaccio Administrator Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004Fri 01-Mar-13 09:10 AM
4078 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"

Barrington, US

Please read the Rules and Objectives before you submit a photo for this Assignment.

The March Assignment is “Leading Lines”.

As you all know, leading lines are a meaningful compositional tool that are used to focus attention on the subject of your photograph. They can be straight, diagonal, curvy or otherwise. The can lead to, or away from, the subject.

Your assignment this month is to capture an image that, through the use of leading lines, manages to create an obvious relationship among the frame of the shot, the subject of the photograph and the space in the image.

There are no other restrictions except that your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF MARCH, 2013. I have noticed that some have used archived photos to satisfy an assignment (i.e. photos NOT taken during the month of the assignment). Using images taken prior to March of 2013 is NOT PERMITTED and will be deleted. Please honor the rules of the assignment.

As always, I emphasize “artistic”. Strive to be different; let your artistic juices flow when composing your image. Is the image you post for this assignment one you would be willing to frame and hang on your wall?? Please keep in mind that images will be selected based on image quality, subject matter, relevance to the assignment, and creativity just to name a few.

Also, over the course of the month, you may post no more than four (4) images. I want you to be discriminating in the selection of images you post for this assignment – PLEASE POST ONLY YOUR BEST SHOTS!!!

Also, please:

• Be imaginative and go for the unusual shot. After all, that’s what makes this fun!!!
• Do not use a shot in your archive – the whole point of this exercise is that it is an assignment.
• Submit only artistic shots. Naturally, we want to see your very best work with regard to subject matter and composition - translation – snapshots are not permitted.
• Include shooting data, and ideally, please include your thinking behind the scene – what were you trying/hoping to capture, and did you succeed?

As discussed here, the top five images will be selected by the previous month’s winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image with be added to our new Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery.

I look forward to seeing how you fulfill this assignment!

Good luck!!!

Rob

My Nikonians Gallery

Team Page

My Website

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines
Pipewelder
02nd Mar 2013
polarpics Gold Member
05th Mar 2013
jhpani Silver Member
07th Mar 2013
Reply message Bus lane
olivierrychner Gold Member
09th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Bus lane
Shivan
10th Mar 2013
Shivan
10th Mar 2013
Reply message Stairway To Heaven
tekneektom Gold Member
11th Mar 2013
Reply message The Path
tekneektom Gold Member
15th Mar 2013
Shivan
16th Mar 2013
NorthBay Silver Member
17th Mar 2013
Reply message Curves as Leading Lines
tekneektom Gold Member
17th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Curves as Leading Lines
domer2760 Silver Member
18th Mar 2013
tekneektom Gold Member
18th Mar 2013
domer2760 Silver Member
18th Mar 2013
Reply message Walking the dogs
19th Mar 2013
Reply message The fish tank
19th Mar 2013
hujiie Silver Member
20th Mar 2013
Capriherb Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
hujiie Silver Member
31st Mar 2013
Reply message Rue du Château
20th Mar 2013
Reply message Austin at night
Punky Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
Reply message Austin at night (opposite side)
Punky Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
Reply message Still Searching
K64drb Gold Member
24th Mar 2013
TZ750F
24th Mar 2013
Reply message Going Up
tekneektom Gold Member
25th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Going Up
Shivan
25th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Going Up
Capriherb Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines-storm
nikocarol Silver Member
25th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines-Water
nikocarol Silver Member
25th Mar 2013
TheLesters Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
lastdaylight Gold Member
28th Mar 2013
hoseA Silver Member
29th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines: Atigun Pas...
jdroach Platinum Member
29th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines: Crossing t...
jdroach Platinum Member
29th Mar 2013
TheLesters Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
TheLesters Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
TheLesters Silver Member
30th Mar 2013
Reply message Radical Radiance
skibreeze7 Gold Member
01st Apr 2013

Pipewelder Registered since 09th Jan 2013Sat 02-Mar-13 09:27 PM
89 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Iuka, US

Here is an image. Not sure if I post them here or elswhere. I may try this one again.

ISO 250
4 Sec
F22
Natural Lighting

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

polarpics Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Jan 2013Tue 05-Mar-13 09:11 PM
232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 05-Mar-13 09:17 PM by polarpics

Ontario, CA

Winter apple orchard.
D600, 1/500sec, AP, F8, ISO 100, lens 50mm F1.8

Bill

Cold weather photography makes a VR lens your best friend. Think violent shivering.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

jhpani Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2007Thu 07-Mar-13 02:16 AM
411 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Cancun, MX

this is fresh from the oven, today's sunset was gorgeous and what attracted me were the high voltage towers, but when reviewing the images, the poles to the right of the image add more power..

love the image!

Humberto´s, proud nikonian in Cancun, Mexico

"The important thing is never to stop questioning."~Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."~Yoda

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Sat 09-Mar-13 10:19 AM
4940 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "Bus lane"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

In La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland

D700, 28/3.5PC slighlty shifted diagonally, ISO 800, f/16, 1/160 handheld.

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Shivan Registered since 03rd Feb 2013Sun 10-Mar-13 05:46 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Bus lane"
In response to Reply # 4

Coimbatore, IN

Beautiful photograph Olivier Rychner ... feels like you are really pulled inside.

Shivan Registered since 03rd Feb 2013Sun 10-Mar-13 05:45 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Coimbatore, IN

Here is a humble attempt from my side.
This forum suddenly came to my mind when I saw this kidding running along the water drifting down.

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Mon 11-Mar-13 05:03 PM
1867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "Stairway To Heaven"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Visiting here in Santa Fe I came across the Loretto Chapel and its famous staircase. The staircase was constructed in the 1800s without a center support or use of any nails. I captured this image this morning.
D800, Sigma 17-70 (DX) at 21mm, ISO 800, f/6.3 at 1/4 sec. Cropped in LightRoom 4.

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Fri 15-Mar-13 02:35 PM
1867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "The Path"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Visited Bandalier National Monument while here in Santa Fe. Bandalier is home to ancient cliff dwelling people. I had the opportunity to follow a path up a cliffside and captured this image. I like the way the lines lead you around the curve and cause you to think "What's next?".

D800, Nikkor 35mm, ISO 200, f/14 at 1/80 with polarizing filter

Shivan Registered since 03rd Feb 2013Sat 16-Mar-13 08:14 AM
#9. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Coimbatore, IN

Laundry day !!!

NorthBay Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jan 2013Sun 17-Mar-13 02:39 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Janesville, US

I was trying to capture some nice shots of the rime frost, but the sun burned it off a lot faster than I was expecting. I did manage to get a bit in this shot. Shot on 8 Mar, D7000 with Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR lens set at 35mm, 1/250s at f/11, -1EV, WB cloudy, pp with DxO Optics Pro v8.

TJ McCarthy
WarAxe Photography

Attachment #1, ( file)

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Sun 17-Mar-13 09:24 PM
#11. "Curves as Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

While walking in an outdoor gallery here in Santa Fe I came across an interesting sculpture and thought it contrasted nicely with the gathering storm clouds. In closely inspecting the sculpture for the right composition I realized that the curved lines are, in fact, leading lines!
D800, Nikkor 35mm, ISO 800, f/18 at 1/640 converted to B&W in LR4, B&W Tint added in PSE 9

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Mon 18-Mar-13 12:26 AM
772 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Curves as Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 11

Ann Arbor, US

Tom,
Super image! Love the lines and curves against the clouds. Definitely a wall-worthy photo in my opinion.

Best,

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Mon 18-Mar-13 01:14 AM
#13. "RE: Curves as Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 12

Land O Lakes, US

Thanks Dan! I appreciate your comments.

Is it still snowing in Michigan? It's beautiful here in Santa Fe and I understand that Land O Lakes, WI (my home) is due for 15" on Monday. Glad I'm here!

Tom

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Mon 18-Mar-13 01:21 AM
772 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Curves as Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 13

Ann Arbor, US

Snowed yesterday. Nice today. Snow predicted for tomorrow but not 15 inches. I've been following your travels. Seems like a great way to spend the winter.

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Tue 19-Mar-13 08:25 PM
4940 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "Walking the dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Just above town this morning. The path made for a nice leading line, or so I thought...

D700, 50/1.8 AF-D, ISO 500, f/16, 1/100 handheld.

Olivier Rychner

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Tue 19-Mar-13 08:29 PM
#16. "The fish tank"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Contrary to the one above, this one was premeditated. I have already shot in my school's corridor, and this time I decided to add the lonely fish tank of the science department, in the dark...

D700, 50/1.8 AF-D, ISO 1600, f/16 (massive negative compensation), 1/30 handheld.

Olivier Rychner

hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009Wed 20-Mar-13 02:21 AM
551 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 20-Mar-13 02:32 AM by hujiie

US

Galleria at Milan, Italy from most recent trip
D800E, 1/200, f2.8, ISO 100, 14-24 @14.

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

Capriherb Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jan 2009Sat 30-Mar-13 12:39 PM
286 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#35. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 17

metro Columbus Area, US

In my mind, this captures the assignment perfectly. I love how you used the buildings to also go to the subject which is the apex of the domed window. EXCELLENT!

Visit my Nikonians gallery,https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capriherb-Photography/128924647171568 or http://www.webs-best.com/CLP.htm.

Jennifer

hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009Sun 31-Mar-13 10:57 PM
551 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#37. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 35

US

Thank you for your comments.

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Wed 20-Mar-13 07:16 PM
#18. "Rue du Château"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

The oldest, and one of the steepest streets in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.

I had noticed the field of my old 12-24 would cover this place, and with the street wet tonight, I knew I had to go for an attempt at leading lines, with a twist: I set up, and waited until a car arrived.

D700 and Sigma 12-24 on tripod, MC-30, ISO 125, f/14 and 13 seconds. Some PP in LR4.3 and CS6.

Olivier Rychner

Punky Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Dec 2008Thu 21-Mar-13 08:55 PM
515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "Austin at night"
In response to Reply # 0

El Paso, US

This was tken last week while visiting my daughter in Austin, Texas. It was taken from the 43rd floor out on the balcony of the condo we were staying out in downtown Austin. I liked all the leading lines that are available in this image. lake Austin is visible from the left side up through the image with railroad tracks, a walking bridge and auto bridge going over it. Austin power plant is in the lower foreground. D300s 24-70mm f/2.8 @ 38mm f/11 ISO 200 15.0s on tripod with cable release.

Jeff

Visit
my Nikonians gallery.

Punky Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Dec 2008Thu 21-Mar-13 09:05 PM
515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "Austin at night (opposite side)"
In response to Reply # 0

El Paso, US

This was on the opposite side if the balcony looking out over downtown Austin. The infamous 6ht street is in the bottom right hand part of the image moving left. Unfortunately, from my vantage point I was not able to get the capital as it was further to the right out of my field of view. D300s Tokina 11-16mm @ 16mm f/11 ISO200 8.0s on tripod w/cable release.

Jeff

Visit
my Nikonians gallery.

K64drb Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Feb 2012Sun 24-Mar-13 08:51 PM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "Still Searching"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 25-Mar-13 02:22 AM by K64drb

Blacksburg, US

While I would like to say that I thought about nothing but "leading lines," standing out on a cold rainy night to shoot this, well that would be a lie. But after working on the image in LR4, leading lines are critical in conveying the message of the final photograph. After studying this for a while now, here's how I see it.

There is a pattern of vertical straight lines transitioning to circular lines that repeats twice. First, the concrete columns bring you from the ground up to the circular roof structure. From there a single vertical steel column takes you up to the circular dish. Finally, the four white bars that run from the perimeter of the dish, meet in the center, and are extended by a short pointed rod are very directional straight lines that are pointing out of the frame. You have to look closely to see the last rod, but it's there, just dark.

But what really made the image work for me, is the parallel striations in the clouds that almost seem to be projecting from the dish and pointing into space - each of which is a leading line. When I shot this image, I had no idea they were there. Only when I brought up the shadow detail in LR4 did I see them. And this was the only image of about 20 that I shot that night where they showed up. The wind was blowing so the clouds were constantly changing, plus it was dark so I couldn't see much in the first place. I think that to some degree, these streaks were created by the movement of the clouds during the 20 second exposure, but they are not all the same length so there was more than just that.

The color of the sky is genuine. With the very low cloud cover the lights from below must be getting reflected back down giving it the brownish color. The only changes I made were some minor adjustments in LR4 only.

Finally, as I feel it, the subject of the image is not in the frame of the picture. The real subject is out there, somewhere in space, and is implied by all the lines pointing toward it. This is an image that turned out better than I hoped for, and am pretty happy with it. I hope you enjoy it!

Data - D800, Nikkor 24-120 f4.0 @ 31mm, f8.0, 20 seconds, ISO 200, Auto WB, matrix metering, 0 ev compensation, support - the rock solid combo Gitzo 3542XLS & Markins Q20. Image format - RAW. Shot 3/11/2013 at 8:47 PM.

Still Searching

------
Dave Badger
Blacksburg, VA
My Nikonians gallery, or visit www.AlternateViewsPhotography.com .

"You don't quit playing because you grow old; you grow old because you quit playing." (And a grandson to share my toys!)

TZ750F Registered since 06th Nov 2012Sun 24-Mar-13 10:49 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Brisbane, AU

Brisbane, Australia. Southbank parklands.
Nikon D700, Sigma 20-40 f2.8@40mm 1s f8 iso200

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Mon 25-Mar-13 01:50 AM
#23. "Going Up"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Today on the High Road to Taos, NM I came across a church at Penasco Pueblo and there was a ladder leaning against the side of the old adobe church.

D800, Nikkor 35mm f/2.8, ISO 400, f/22 at 1/40 with polarizing filter

Shivan Registered since 03rd Feb 2013Mon 25-Mar-13 05:36 AM
#26. "RE: Going Up"
In response to Reply # 23

Coimbatore, IN

Amazing perspective.

Capriherb Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jan 2009Sat 30-Mar-13 12:41 PM
286 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#36. "RE: Going Up"
In response to Reply # 23

metro Columbus Area, US

Or going down into an abyss? Love it because it makes your mind think about "which way is up?".

Visit my Nikonians gallery,https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capriherb-Photography/128924647171568 or http://www.webs-best.com/CLP.htm.

Jennifer

nikocarol Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jun 2010Mon 25-Mar-13 02:04 AM
275 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines-storm"
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Fe, US

Storm straight ahead

F9 1/30 ISO200

Thanks for looking,
Carol

nikocarol Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jun 2010Mon 25-Mar-13 02:08 AM
275 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines-Water"
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Fe, US

Leading water..

F16 ISO200 D300

Thanks for looking,
Carol

TheLesters Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Oct 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 12:01 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 26-Mar-13 12:04 AM by TheLesters

Birmingham, US

The leading lines from the left (bushes), lead the eye to the circles, and the leading line from the bottom right takes the eye back to the center of the photo.

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Thu 28-Mar-13 12:12 AM
801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#28. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 27

Dallas, US

Love how the one on the right makes an arrow! Very nice.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

hoseA Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2010Fri 29-Mar-13 08:56 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#29. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

New Harbor, US

"Early Morning Light
I wanted to break the large expanse of open ice and direct the eye towards the mountains giving them more weight in the picture then they would have given their distance from the viewer. The leading line of this pressure ridge seemed to do this.

D200, ISO 200, Tokina 11/16 @16, f3 for 1/3 sec.

Enjoy, I did getting it, John

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Fri 29-Mar-13 04:03 PM
4539 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#30. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines: Atigun Pass, Brooks Range, Alaska"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Taken with D600, 28-300mm at 62mm Nikkor, 1/400s, f/32, -1 EV, Aperture Priority, Auto White Balance.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Fri 29-Mar-13 04:08 PM
4539 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#31. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines: Crossing the Yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Taken with D600, 28-300mm at 112mm Nikkor, 1/500s, f/8, Manual Exposure and Auto White Balance. What a terrific trip -- saw Alaska Pipeline, Dalton Highway, Aurora Borealis, etc., etc.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

TheLesters Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Oct 2011Sat 30-Mar-13 02:03 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#32. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

85MM @ 2.8 1/320 ISO 200

TheLesters Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Oct 2011Sat 30-Mar-13 02:06 AM
#33. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

85MM 1/50@2.8 ISO 200

TheLesters Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Oct 2011Sat 30-Mar-13 02:20 AM
#34. "RE: March, 2013 Assignment – Leading Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

80MM 1/800 @ 5.6 ISO 200

skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 18th Nov 2006Mon 01-Apr-13 05:58 AM
672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#38. "Radical Radiance"
In response to Reply # 0

Astoria, US

Nikon D800, F/16, 1 sec, ISO 100, Tamron 90mm macro

Came up with this concept a couple of weeks ago, but procrastinated until tonight, to actually capture the image.

Darryl
Northern Oregon Coast

Forums Lobby IMAGE SHARING - POST PICTURES FORUMS Online Photo Assignments (Public) topic #9574 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.