nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby POST YOUR PICTURES Photo Assignments (Public) topic #9543
View in linear mode

Subject: "February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
rmigliaccio Administrator  Barrington, US  Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004 Fri 01-Feb-13 01:22 PM
4118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"

Please read the Rules and Objectives before you submit a photo for this Assignment.

The February Assignment is “Creative Cropping”.

While you are not be restricted on the subject of your image, for the February assignment, you must creatively crop it. Creative cropping can add effect to your image. Indeed, consider searching the term "creative cropping" and you'll get all sorts of ideas.

PLEASE READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT – FOR EACH IMAGE YOU SUBMIT, YOU MUST ALSO INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL UNCROPPED VERSION! The cropped version will be what is considered for the poll at the end of the month, but including the uncropped version will provide insight to your creativity!! Feel free to also include an explanation of the "method to your madness" - that will be a benefit to all.

There are no other restrictions except that your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY, 2013. I have noticed that some have used archived photos to satisfy an assignment (i.e. photos NOT taken during the month of the assignment). Using images taken prior to February of 2013 is NOT PERMITTED and will be deleted. Please honor the rules of the assignment.

As always, I emphasize “artistic”. Strive to be different; let your artistic juices flow when composing your image. Is the image you post for this assignment one you would be willing to frame and hang on your wall?? Please keep in mind that images will be selected based on image quality, subject matter, relevance to the assignment, and creativity just to name a few.

Also, over the course of the month, you may post no more than four (4) images. I want you to be discriminating in the selection of images you post for this assignment – PLEASE POST ONLY YOUR BEST SHOTS!!!

Also, please:

• Be imaginative and go for the unusual shot. After all, that’s what makes this fun!!!
• Do not use a shot in your archive – the whole point of this exercise is that it is an assignment.
• Submit only artistic shots. Naturally, we want to see your very best work with regard to subject matter and composition - translation – snapshots are not permitted.
• Include shooting data, and ideally, please include your thinking behind the scene – what were you trying/hoping to capture, and did you succeed?

As discussed here, the top five images will be selected by the previous month’s winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image with be added to our new Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery.

I look forward to seeing how you fulfill this assignment!

Good luck!!!

Rob

My Nikonians Gallery

Team Page

My Website

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

Alert Print | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message CD Jewel Case domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: CD Jewel Case hoseA Silver Member
03rd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: CD Jewel Case domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: CD Jewel Case hnagy
10th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: CD Jewel Case lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
10th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: CD Jewel Case domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
11th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: CD Jewel Case jordivb
11th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping Shivan
10th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping hnagy
10th Feb 2013
Reply message There has got to be a picture here somewhere... Viking In Winter
12th Feb 2013
Reply message Silver Sea tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Silver Sea domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Feb 2013
     Reply message RE: Silver Sea tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Feb 2013
          Reply message RE: Silver Sea domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Feb 2013
Reply message Istrian Bell Ringers vizz Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
13th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Istrian Bell Ringers tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Feb 2013
Reply message The Crow Shivan
16th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: The Crow kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Feb 2013
     Reply message RE: The Crow Shivan
16th Feb 2013
Reply message Dominoes domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Feb 2013
Reply message Yosemite Valley tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
19th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Yosemite Valley domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping dhalloxf Silver Member
24th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping dhalloxf Silver Member
27th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping Shivan
28th Feb 2013
01st Mar 2013
Reply message Turquoise Window tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Feb 2013

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Sat 02-Feb-13 07:22 PM
867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 0

How to explain this madness?
First off, this is part of a jewel case that holds a CD. I put a piece of polarizing film on an LED light and placed the jewel case on top of that. Used a polarizer on the camera to get the colors.

This was shot with the 24-120mm lens rather than a macro lens because I needed more DOF. I also increased the subject distance to further increase the DOF. I wanted the spindle and the far edge of the case to be in focus. I cropped tight so that the bright vertical piece would float above the dark "V" at the top of the photo.

D700, 24-120mm f/4, f/18, 1/10sec, ISO 800, tripod and remote release.

Here is the primary image converted to JPG and sized. No post-processing.

The following image is my "creative" crop.

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Top

hoseA Silver Member  New Harbor, US  Nikonian since 01st Nov 2010 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:32 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 1

Dan,
Well thought out and executed. Very creative I really enjoyed this, John

Alert Print | Top

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Sun 03-Feb-13 01:15 AM
867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks John. Glad you enjoyed it.
The weather was bad this morning so I made a pot of coffee and tried a few things in the "studio." (It seems rather pretentious to call the dining room table a studio, but what the heck!)

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.

Alert Print | Top

hnagy   Cairo, EG  Registered since 02nd Feb 2013 Sun 10-Feb-13 06:42 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 1

Really, I think you've worked out your imagination a lot.
Fantastic.

Alert Print | Top

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Dallas, US  Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007 Sun 10-Feb-13 06:53 PM
832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 1

Definitely a very creative crop here, Dan. Love the sense of "horizon" at the top. Very nice!

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Alert Print | Top

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Mon 11-Feb-13 01:42 AM
#8. "RE: CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 7

Thank you Hatem. Thank you Mark.
My imagination was walking on the wild side.

Thanks again!

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.

Alert Print | Top

jordivb   Manresa, ES  Registered since 01st Mar 2009 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:04 PM
620 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: CD Jewel Case"
In response to Reply # 1

Excellent Dan! Well thought!

Jordi
-Barcelonian-

Alert Print | Top

Shivan   Coimbatore, IN  Registered since 03rd Feb 2013 Sun 10-Feb-13 03:37 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"
In response to Reply # 0

This is my first trial with a D7000.
I wanted to try one of the techniques explained by Brian Peterson in his video "The Perfect Picture".

So I took 2 glasses and positioned them as shown in the original photograph. I placed them behind a colorful curtain that my wife had selected so that the colors come through the glass nicely. I opened the window so that some light comes from behind the curtain for a soft look.
Click on image to view larger version

Here is the cropped version. I cropped it along the base of the glass. Did some post processing in LR which was basically Brightness/Contrast/Saturation. I also added a black frame so that the colors pop out.

Shooting details:
Nikon D7000 with Nikkor 18-105mm VR
Handheld
1/15 @ f/4.5, ISO 1000

Alert Print | Top

hnagy   Cairo, EG  Registered since 02nd Feb 2013 Sun 10-Feb-13 06:46 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"
In response to Reply # 4

The colors are amazing, I think I'll try to imitate you my friend

Alert Print | Top

Viking In Winter   Mequon, US  Registered since 01st Dec 2011 Tue 12-Feb-13 02:16 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "There has got to be a picture here somewhere..."
In response to Reply # 0

The original image was shot with my D50 using 85mm on the 18-135 lens. f11@1/2000sec. I exposed for the overcast sky which silhouetted the trees and birds. With the cropped image I hoped to achieve a balanced composition.

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Tue 12-Feb-13 05:12 PM
1923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "Silver Sea"
In response to Reply # 0

On a coastal beach south of San Francisco I came upon a family and thought that a silhouette might be in order. With the intent of cropping the image I centered the family.

D7000, Tamron SP 70-300 at 70mm, ISO 100, f7.1 at 1/2000, handheld with polarizing filter.

Alert Print | Top

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Tue 12-Feb-13 09:03 PM
#12. "RE: Silver Sea"
In response to Reply # 11

Nice Tom!
Let's see, biking in South Carolina last month and walking the beach in California this month. I'm getting jealous!

Best,

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Wed 13-Feb-13 01:22 AM
1923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Silver Sea"
In response to Reply # 12

Dan,

You probably experience winters in Michigan that are a bit like ours in Northern Wisconsin - snowy & cold. My wife and I are making a concerted effort to miss most of the Wisconsin winter. Wait until you see where we're going next! Great landscape opportunities.

Best regards,

Tom

Alert Print | Top

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Wed 13-Feb-13 02:42 AM
#14. "RE: Silver Sea"
In response to Reply # 13

Now I am really really jealous!

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.

Alert Print | Top

vizz Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Karlovac, HR  Nikonian since 19th Aug 2011 Wed 13-Feb-13 01:54 PM
146 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "Istrian Bell Ringers"
In response to Reply # 0

This image was taken during a traditional carnival festival in Matulji, in Istria, Croatia, on 9 February 2013. It is a crop made from a larger capture of the round dance performed by so called bell-ringers (zvončari). There were 16 bell-ringers' groups from the villages and small towns in Istria, who performed their traditional dances and customs, wearing sheepskin costumes, big horned masks or headdresses, and huge cowbells around their waists. During the time of Lent they go through their villages from house to house, driving away evil spirits.

I have tried to capture the motion of their round dance using the following settings:
D700, Sigma 70-200mm @112 mm, 1/15 sec, F22, ISO 250.
I cropped the resulting capture, turned it into b/w with Silver Efex Pro 2, and added a hint of sepia.

Original image:

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Wed 13-Feb-13 04:43 PM
#16. "RE: Istrian Bell Ringers"
In response to Reply # 15

Very nice! You captured the action and the cropped image is wonderful.

Tom

Alert Print | Top

Shivan   Coimbatore, IN  Registered since 03rd Feb 2013 Sat 16-Feb-13 03:22 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "The Crow"
In response to Reply # 0

Okay, here is one more from my side...

This is a crow that has befriended my wife, and keeps visiting every morning for some biscuits my wife keeps for it.

I am yet to purchase a nice birding lens(saving up for it). So I shot this with the kit lens 18-105mm VR. Here is the original.

After some time in photoshop, I came up with this. I was trying for a crop to get a 3D effect.

Shooting details:
Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm VR
1/500 at f5.6, ISO 400

Great shots Dan, colors are looking great on the CD reflection.
Thank you Cairo for your kind comments.
Nice silhouete Viking and Tom
Amazing motion capture vizz. I would so like to try that myself.

Alert Print | Top

kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Seattle, US  Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011 Sat 16-Feb-13 04:01 AM
909 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: The Crow"
In response to Reply # 17

I really like what you did. I think you got your 3D effect. Nice. How did you do that?

Crows are smart birds. I understand they remember faces and good and bad deeds. Problem is that pretty soon your friend and his buddies are our back waiting for food and squawking up a storm.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Alert Print | Top

Shivan   Coimbatore, IN  Registered since 03rd Feb 2013 Sat 16-Feb-13 04:52 AM
#19. "RE: The Crow"
In response to Reply # 18

>I really like what you did. I think you got your 3D effect.
>Nice. How did you do that?
Thank you Ken, for your comments. I have seen lot of images like this. Maybe there is an easier way to do this than my method, but here is what I did.
1. Load the image in photoshop. Make a duplicate layer of the picture.
2. By keeping a white background, I cropped the layer on the top really tight taking out the beak, part of the tail and branches.
3. Filled in the parts of the beak, tail and branches from the duplicate layer below and violaa... I have by seemingly 3D looking crop.

>Crows are smart birds. I understand they remember faces and
>good and bad deeds. Problem is that pretty soon your friend
>and his buddies are our back waiting for food and squawking up
>a storm.

Yes. What started as one, is now a group of five. But they start making noise only if they see my wife opening the kitchen door.

Alert Print | Top

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Sat 16-Feb-13 11:11 PM
#20. "Dominoes"
In response to Reply # 0

One more time. As you can see from the original photo, the dominoes were arranged on a piece of glass. Lighting was from an LED light that was a below the glass and to camera right, an overhead light, and the window is directly in front of the camera. I used a bulldog clip as a stand for the sticking out domino. The clip is hidden behind behind the other dominoes. The 135mm DC lens was used because I needed to blur out Roman Blinds in the background and compress the foreground.

D700, Nikkor 135mm AFD DC lens, f/8, 1/80 sec, +0.33 EV, ISO 800.

Here is the original shot. No post-processing except for sizing.

My "creative" crop.

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Tue 19-Feb-13 06:10 AM
#21. "Yosemite Valley"
In response to Reply # 0

Stopped at Yosemite today and caught this image at Tunnel View. Cropped image takes viewer in closer to El Capitan, Bridalvail Falls and Half Dome.

D7000, Sigma 17-70mm at 28mm, ISO 200, f/9 at 1/100 with polarizing filter

Alert Print | Top

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Ann Arbor, US  Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010 Wed 27-Feb-13 08:16 PM
#24. "RE: Yosemite Valley"
In response to Reply # 21

Nice one Tom! You were correct, your next stop is a great place for landscapes.

Best,

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.

Alert Print | Top

dhalloxf Silver Member  Oxford, US  Nikonian since 22nd Oct 2006 Sun 24-Feb-13 12:49 AM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"
In response to Reply # 0

The image is a hand held shot using a D600,f/5,1/800th,ISO 200 with a Nikkor 24-85 @ 52mm with VR on to offset the effects of shivering. I liked the original scene but decided to concentrate on the buildings. I was unsure of the fences in the foreground but left a portion in the shot to give a feeling of depth.

Original:

Cropped:

Dave

Alert Print | Top

dhalloxf Silver Member  Oxford, US  Nikonian since 22nd Oct 2006 Wed 27-Feb-13 01:39 AM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"
In response to Reply # 0

My wife was cleaning a cabinet where she keeps figurines and had placed some of them on the kitchen table. I thought they looked interesting so I put a towel on the table and moved the figurines so that most of them were "looking" at the camera. D600, Tokina 100mm,f/16,.40sec, ISO 400.

Original:

Crop:

Dave

Alert Print | Top

Shivan   Coimbatore, IN  Registered since 03rd Feb 2013 Thu 28-Feb-13 08:27 PM
#26. "RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"
In response to Reply # 23

>My wife was cleaning a cabinet where she keeps figurines and
>had placed some of them on the kitchen table. I thought they
>looked interesting so I put a towel on the table and moved the
>figurines so that most of them were "looking" at the
>camera. D600, Tokina 100mm,f/16,.40sec, ISO 400.
>Dave

Wonderful creative cropping.

Alert Print | Top

dhalloxf Silver Member  Oxford, US  Nikonian since 22nd Oct 2006 Fri 01-Mar-13 02:34 AM
#27. "RE: February, 2013 Assignment – Creative Cropping"
In response to Reply # 26

Thank you for your comment Shivan.

Dave

Alert Print | Top

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Land O Lakes, US  Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011 Thu 28-Feb-13 05:20 AM
#25. "Turquoise Window"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 28-Feb-13 05:22 AM by tekneektom

While on a walk in Santa Fe, NM I noticed a turquoise window in an adobe building. I was attracted to the color of the window, the texture of the window screen and the orange color of the adobe wall as it reflected the setting sun.
D7000, Sigma 17-70mm at 70mm, ISO 200, f/16 at 1/80

Original

Cropped Version

Alert Print | Top

Forums Lobby POST YOUR PICTURES Photo Assignments (Public) topic #9543 Previous topic | Next topic