"Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery - NEW Sept. '07" Tue 22-Jan-08 12:22 PM by rmigliaccio
After some discussion among the Moderators and Administrators here at Nikonians, a decision has been made to establish a Nikonian Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery. The Wildlife, Macro, Landscape and Online Assignment Forums would each produce a monthly “winner” and that image would be displayed in the Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery. Details are still being worked out, but it appears that it will relate back to the beginning of 2007 (so the “Best Submissions” to date will be included).
Going forward, however, the selection process for determining the winner in this Forum will change effective with the November Online Assignment. Henceforth, the winner of a monthly Online Assignment will have the dubious honor of selecting five or six of the best images from the next monthly Online Assignment. Those selections will be delivered to me and I will put an online poll together in this Forum for all of you to select which image you feel is the best for that Online Assignment. There are some rules though (if the "timing" seems confusing, I give a bulleted chronological example following these rules):
1. If you are the winner of an Online Assignment, you cannot pick yourself when choosing the five or six images from the next Online Assignment.
2. If you are the winner of an Online Assignment, you must make your selection of images within five days of being notified to that effect so that the poll can be established and have a fair amount of time to run (see below for an example).
3. Images selected for inclusion in the poll must be from paying Nikonians (i.e. Silver, Gold or Platinum members only). Only one image per member may be in a poll, however.
4. A poll will run for at least 20 days. The winner of the poll will have his or her image posted in the Nikonian Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery.
Let me give you a chronological example of how this new program will work:
· I will post the October Online Assignment on October 1.
· The selection of the winner of the October Online Assignment will be made by me by November 15 (after consultation with other Moderators and Administrators, as has been the practice for this year) (after all, we have to jump start this program).
· I will post the November Online Assignment on November 1.
· I will post the December Online Assignment on December 1.
· After the November Online Assignment is concluded, the winner of the October Online Assignment will, by December 5, deliver to me his or her selection of the five or six best images from the November Online Assignment (noting that the selected images must be from paying members and none can be of the October Online Assignment winner).
· I will create a well-advertised poll that will run in the Online Assignment Forum for about 20 days.
· The member with the most votes in the poll at the end of 20 days will have his or her image included in the soon-to-be-formed Nikonian Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery, and will be the one to select the five or six best images from the December Online Assignment.
· After the December Online Assignment is concluded, the winner of the November Online Assignment will, by January 5, deliver to me his or her selection of the five or six best images from the December Online Assignment (noting that the selected images must be from paying members and none can be of the November Online Assignment winner).
· Etc., etc., etc…the process will repeat itself each month, but with new players in the sense of the individuals making the selections for inclusion in each subsequent poll.
Hopefully you all will participate in this process as it is your participation that will make it both fun and successful.
I look forward to seeing your images in the Nikonian Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery!!!