nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

August, 2014 Assignment - Lens Flare

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
rmigliaccio

Barrington, US
4163 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rmigliaccio Administrator Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004
Fri 01-Aug-14 11:39 AM

Please read the Rules and Objectives before you submit a photo for this Assignment.

The August Assignment is “Lens Flare”.

Lens flare is often considered a photo flaw. However, if done properly or used creatively, it can enhance an image. Flare is created by light shot directly into your lens from its source - often the sun. Without care, flare can wash out your image. Research lens flare, find out how to use it creatively, and then share your images with us.

There are no other restrictions except that your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF AUGUST, 2014. I have noticed that some have used archived photos to satisfy an assignment (i.e. photos NOT taken during the month of the assignment). Using images taken prior to August, 2014, is NOT PERMITTED and will be deleted. Please honor the rules of the assignment.

As always, I emphasize “artistic”. Strive to be different; let your artistic juices flow when composing your image. Is the image you post for this assignment one you would be willing to frame and hang on your wall?? Please keep in mind that images will be selected based on image quality, subject matter, relevance to the assignment, and creativity just to name a few.

Also, over the course of the month, you may post no more than four (4) images. I want you to be discriminating in the selection of images you post for this assignment – PLEASE POST ONLY YOUR BEST SHOTS!!!

Also, please:

• Be imaginative and go for the unusual shot. After all, that’s what makes this fun!!!
• Do not use a shot in your archive – the whole point of this exercise is that it is an assignment.
• Submit only artistic shots. Naturally, we want to see your very best work with regard to subject matter and composition - translation – snapshots are not permitted.
• Include shooting data, and ideally, please include your thinking behind the scene – what were you trying/hoping to capture, and did you succeed?

As discussed here, the top five images will be selected by the previous month’s winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image with be added to our new Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery.

I look forward to seeing how you fulfill this assignment!

Good luck!!!

Rob

My Nikonians Gallery

Team Page

My Website

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

Subject
ID
Reply message August, 2014 Assignment - Lens Flare
Reply message RE: August, 2014 Assignment - Lens Flare
Reply message Steeple and Flare