nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Stream

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
rmigliaccio

Barrington, US
4135 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rmigliaccio Administrator Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004
Tue 01-Apr-14 12:28 PM

Please read the Rules and Objectives before you submit a photo for this Assignment.

As I mentioned at the beginning of January, the theme for the entire year will be the "cover shot". Each month will be a different magazine. You are the magazine photographer and your assignment is to capture the perfect image for the cover of that month's magazine. You will have complete freedom to choose the subject of your image so long as it is appropriate for the chosen magazine; however, the image must clearly be "cover worthy". Your image(s) must be presented in the "portrait" format as if it were going directly on the cover of the magazine. Landscape oriented shots will not be permitted. You may "photoshop" the magazine cover name on to the image for effect, but it is not required.

As you know, due to the low number of submissions, I expressed some concern over the viability of this theme in this post. The vote was clear, however, to keep going with the theme. I do hope that more of you will respond and submit images consistent with each month's cover assignment. REMEMBER, you do NOT have to photoshop in the name of the magazine. The only requirement is that it be in portrait mode.

Therefore, the April "cover shot" Assignment is “Field and Stream Magazine”.

There are no other restrictions except that your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL, 2014. I have noticed that some have used archived photos to satisfy an assignment (i.e. photos NOT taken during the month of the assignment). Using images taken prior to April, 2014, is NOT PERMITTED and will be deleted. Please honor the rules of the assignment.

As always, I emphasize “artistic”. Strive to be different; let your artistic juices flow when composing your image. Is the image you post for this assignment one you would be willing to frame and hang on your wall?? Please keep in mind that images will be selected based on image quality, subject matter, relevance to the assignment, and creativity just to name a few.

Also, over the course of the month, you may post no more than four (4) images. I want you to be discriminating in the selection of images you post for this assignment – PLEASE POST ONLY YOUR BEST SHOTS!!!

Also, please:

• Be imaginative and go for the unusual shot. After all, that’s what makes this fun!!!
• Do not use a shot in your archive – the whole point of this exercise is that it is an assignment.
• Submit only artistic shots. Naturally, we want to see your very best work with regard to subject matter and composition - translation – snapshots are not permitted.
• Include shooting data, and ideally, please include your thinking behind the scene – what were you trying/hoping to capture, and did you succeed?

As discussed here, the top five images will be selected by the previous month’s winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image with be added to our new Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery.

I look forward to seeing how you fulfill this assignment!

Good luck!!!

Rob

My Nikonians Gallery

Team Page

My Website

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message Desert Survival Edition - Field & Stream tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: Desert Survival Edition - Field & Stream rmigliaccio Administrator
12th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: Desert Survival Edition - Field & Stream dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
14th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... doc85 Silver Member
14th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... jwmatthews Silver Member
15th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... massulo Moderator Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... DaddySS Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... massulo Moderator Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
24th Apr 2014
21st Apr 2014
Reply message April Contest Cover Shot niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Apr 2014
Reply message April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Stream niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: April, 2014 Assignment - Cover Shot - Field and Str... niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Apr 2014
Reply message Buck observed While Looking For Shed Antlers - Cover Sh... Lunastar Silver Member
01st May 2014
Reply message Spring Hunting Dog Training- Cover Shot - Field and Str... Lunastar Silver Member
01st May 2014
01st May 2014

G