Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #85
View in linear mode

Subject: "PB-4 or PB-6 Bellows???" Previous topic | Next topic
Gerth Registered since 12th Apr 2002Thu 12-Jul-01 01:30 PM
69 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"PB-4 or PB-6 Bellows???"

East Haven, US

What is the difference between the PB-4 Bellows and the PB-6 Bellows? I do know that there is a huge difference in price but other that that does anyone know why I would be better served using the PB-4 over the PB-6 on my F-100?
Paul

Through Perseverance Comes Perfection

PAUL K.(The Connecticut Nikonian)
Through Perseverance Comes Perfection.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TD Basic MemberThu 12-Jul-01 02:42 PM
154 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: PB-4 or PB-6 Bellows???"
In response to Reply # 0

Everett, US

The major difference between the two bellows is that the PB-4 allows swing and shift of the front standard. This works somewhat like the tilt and shift lenses, and its main purpose is to allow you to adjust the plane of focus when you are dealing with very limited depth of field at high magnification. I have the PB-4 and to be honest, I think the advantages over the PB-6 are minimal. I would not recommend spending the extra money.

Tad

Gerth Registered since 12th Apr 2002Thu 12-Jul-01 03:36 PM
69 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: PB-4 or PB-6 Bellows???"
In response to Reply # 1

East Haven, US

Thanks Tad, I was going to purchase the PB-6 with a PK-13 tube. As far as the lens....... Well I am really considering the 105mm micro. I like the added distance. Do you know if this sort of set up will still allow the camera to meter?
Paul

Through Perseverance Comes Perfection

PAUL K.(The Connecticut Nikonian)
Through Perseverance Comes Perfection.

TD Basic MemberFri 13-Jul-01 04:11 AM
154 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: PB-4 or PB-6 Bellows???"
In response to Reply # 2

Everett, US

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-01 AT 05:20 AM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-01 AT 05:15 AM (GMT)

What magnification are you trying to get? With a 105 micro on a fully extended PB-6, you are only looking at a 2:1 reproduction ratio. The PK-13 will help some but not much. If you need more magnification, I'd recommend going to a shorter focal length lens like the 60mm micro or a 24mm wide angle. The following link will give you some very useful tables with magnification ranges and working distances for various lenses with the PB-6:

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/NikonMF/files/

Scroll down to the files "p19.gif" and "p20.gif" to see the tables.

I believe your F-100 will meter just fine with this setup.

Tad

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #85 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.