Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #81
View in linear mode

Subject: "Double Cable release?" Previous topic | Next topic
Gerth Registered since 12th Apr 2002Tue 10-Jul-01 02:49 PM
69 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Double Cable release?"

East Haven, US

Does anyone know what Double cable release I need for the F-100 and the PB-6 Bellows Unit? I know I need the PK-13 between the F-100 and the bellows but there are so many remote releases I have no Idea which one I need.
Thanks
Paul

Through Perseverance Comes Perfection

PAUL K.(The Connecticut Nikonian)
Through Perseverance Comes Perfection.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberTue 10-Jul-01 08:29 PM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Double Cable release?"
In response to Reply # 0

Private, UM

Paul, hope this helps, I have never used the PB-6; however, I checked out information regarding it in my F5 Magic Lantern Guide.

“If you wish to have the lens stop down automatically, you will have to use an AR-10 double cable release connected via an MC-25 adapter cable.”
(Direct quote from Magic Lantern Guide, for the Nikon F5.)
Doug

--Take only photographs, leave nothing but footprints--
And watch out for snakes...

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberWed 11-Jul-01 12:43 AM
34542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Double Cable release?"
In response to Reply # 1

San Pedro Garza García, MX

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-01 AT 03:19 AM (GMT)

Yes, you do need an extension ring like the Pk-12 or PK-13 when the PB-6 is used with the F5, F100 or D1.
As Doug mentioned it, the cable for the F5 is the AR-10, via a M-25 adapter cable.
In fact, the AR-10 (2670 NAS) can be used with the F5, D1, F100 and N90s.
The illustration below may guide you:

Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert)
My profile
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Gerth Registered since 12th Apr 2002Wed 11-Jul-01 10:10 AM
69 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Double Cable release?"
In response to Reply # 2

East Haven, US

Thanks Guys! I am so used to doing this Macro stuff with antiquated Leica equipment that going to a more modern form of bellows from a different manufacturer can be somewhat frustrating.
Thanks again
Paul
Through Perseverance Comes Perfection

PAUL K.(The Connecticut Nikonian)
Through Perseverance Comes Perfection.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #81 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.