Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #52350
View in linear mode

Subject: "old macro on newer digital body" Previous topic | Next topic
s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Mon 16-Sep-13 10:19 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"old macro on newer digital body"

US

I have an old Nikkor 55mm 3.5 AI with PK-13 extension tube. Was originally used on an F3-HP.

Recently I purchased a D7000, would like to use the lens, but as you know the "innards" of this lens are exposed to the camera body when inserted, ie, the threads, grease, etc...so of course I am concerned what may happen if I use this lens with the D7K and possible sensor contamination issues....does anyone here see this as an issue?

Thanks

Rick

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

excuse typos...via iPad....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: old macro on newer digital body
DSPhotog2 Silver Member
18th Sep 2013
s2sailorlis_nikon
18th Sep 2013
cosmicfires Silver Member
18th Sep 2013
s2sailorlis_nikon
18th Sep 2013
f5titan Gold Member
18th Sep 2013

DSPhotog2 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Sep 2003Wed 18-Sep-13 03:41 AM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: old macro on newer digital body"
In response to Reply # 0

Baldwin, US

Rick,

I have and have used that same lens on D100, 200, 300, D2X and D3 with no problems what so ever. It's one of the sharpest lenses I own.

Hope this helps,

Dave

You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can’t make him think.

s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Wed 18-Sep-13 05:57 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: old macro on newer digital body"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Dave - thanks. I agree the lens is very sharp!

cosmicfires Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Nov 2011Wed 18-Sep-13 04:11 AM
328 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: old macro on newer digital body"
In response to Reply # 0

Lynnwood, US

I've used my 55mm f3.5 on my D7000 without any problems. I looked inside it just now, I don't see any grease on the focusing threads, everything looks clean.

my website

s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Wed 18-Sep-13 05:58 PM
#5. "RE: old macro on newer digital body"
In response to Reply # 2

US

hmm..will have to look again - there is some coating of grease - not super heavy...thanks!

f5titan Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2006Wed 18-Sep-13 05:24 AM
644 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: old macro on newer digital body"
In response to Reply # 0

HILO, US

I use a MF55mm f2.8 Micro Nikkor on my D700 and D800 with excellent results and no problem with any contamination (I never had a contamination problem with any of my 30+ Ai and AiS lenses with any of my film Nikons).

"Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #52350 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.