nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #52216
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bees" Previous topic | Next topic
gkhover Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Apr 2008Tue 03-Sep-13 02:26 AM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bees"

Libertyville, US

Hi all...I wanted to share three photos I took today of the busy bees buzzing around the sedum in my backyard. I spent about an hour today out there trying to capture decent images of the bees. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Nikon D7100. 1/125; f14/ISO 1600 with a Sigma 105 mm lens with Kenko extension tube

Nikon D7100, 1/250; f7.1/ ISO 1600, ditto

Nikon D7100, 1/250; f6.3/ISO 1000

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bees
LightMeter Silver Member
03rd Sep 2013
Seajay
03rd Sep 2013
ron917 Silver Member
03rd Sep 2013
mbarnes
03rd Sep 2013
aolander Silver Member
04th Sep 2013
gkhover Silver Member
04th Sep 2013

LightMeter Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2011Tue 03-Sep-13 02:32 AM
895 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bees"
In response to Reply # 0

Houston, Texas, US

Those are great. Your hard work paid off.

Bill

D7100 D300, F4e, N90s, N6006, N2000, N6000, D40, N5005, black F2 eye level, chrome F2AS, black Nikomat FTN

So many cameras, so little time....

Seajay Registered since 29th Mar 2007Tue 03-Sep-13 02:56 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bees"
In response to Reply # 0

Lincoln, UK

Very nice images. The first has the edge I think, very well composed and slightly better background. Certainly worth the hours effort.

ron917 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Dec 2012Tue 03-Sep-13 07:37 PM
374 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bees"
In response to Reply # 0

Andover, NJ, US

Nice set!

I like the first one best. Good composition, the bee is very clear and isolated from everything behind it.

Best regards,
-Ron

mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Tue 03-Sep-13 08:37 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Bees"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

Great pics. I agree the first is best. Have you thought of cropping the second one so it is half its depth and reveals as 'letter box' size. Thius remove some they bottom distraction.

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Wed 04-Sep-13 02:14 AM
3370 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Bees"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

All very nice. I like the second one best.

Alan

gkhover Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Apr 2008Wed 04-Sep-13 04:10 AM
#6. "RE: Bees"
In response to Reply # 5

Libertyville, US

Thanks everyone. I did think the first one looked the best because of the green background. I appreciate the comments and suggestions!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #52216 Previous topic | Next topic