nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Registered since 05th Feb 2008
Mon 26-Aug-13 05:46 PM

Hi everyone, Waterdrop queen here...
I need some advice...I am working on some really cool waterdrops, but I am having a heck of a time with my focus lately...The drops that I am doing now are pretty high, but fairly similar to the ones I always did which didn't give me as much grief as these ones are doing...I will attach my focus aid photo which is what I sit in the spot where my drop will fall. I will also then attach my drop, which sure doesn't look in focus to me...give me some advice please..I am getting so many neat shots, but am disappointed in myself because I can't use them. I really would appreciate the help. My settings on my d90 using my 105 macro lens are: bulb mode, off camera flash at f16 (aimed at drop) aperature f16-iso 200-my lens is exactly 16" from the front of the lens glass to where the drop will hit. The room is fairly dim. Please let me know what you all think my problem is. What makes me puzzled is you can see from the shot of my focus aid, the words are clearly in focus..The drop rolls down right on the words...Thanks friends.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: focusing