nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51667
View in linear mode

Subject: "It doesn't get any better than this!" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Sat 06-Jul-13 04:01 AM
1426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"It doesn't get any better than this!"
Sat 06-Jul-13 04:06 AM by pasknucklehead

US

Hi everyone, had to conjure up a bio for my upcoming display at our local hospital,,,super excited about that...I've been ask to display a wide variety of my drops on their main wall so I decided what better way to explain my drops then an actual picture of me pointing to one. Folks think they are paintings so I thought this might be more self explanatory.
I shot this using my remote, camera and flash on tripod (sb 700) and my 50 mm lens. Settings were 1/200 flash sync speed, and I think probably around f8 in manual mode. I usually use my 105 macro, but this shot needed to be set up differently,,,you can't see me from this pic,,,I cropped it tight so you could see that beautiful drop I captured..Pretty cool huh? As I just reviewed it on here...it looks much better in the actual print, but you get the jist of it...

p.s. Here I am Sheri!!!! heheheh

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sat 06-Jul-13 01:38 PM
3992 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: It doesn't get any better than this!"
In response to Reply # 0

Simsbury, US

Congrats on the show Darlene.

John

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Sat 06-Jul-13 04:06 PM
665 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: It doesn't get any better than this!"
In response to Reply # 0

Destrehan, US

Congratulations!!!

Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

cogrady Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2009Mon 08-Jul-13 12:35 AM
579 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: It doesn't get any better than this!"
In response to Reply # 0

Salt Lake City, US

Darlene! Your water drops have really come a long way! Nice job!

How are you syncing the collision of the two drops?

Claudia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.one-eye-closed.com
www.lastlightphotographicstudios.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Sun 14-Jul-13 12:38 PM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: It doesn't get any better than this!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Beautiful, well done.

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51667 Previous topic | Next topic