nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51612
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bubbles and Water Drops" Previous topic | Next topic
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Sun 30-Jun-13 02:55 AM
651 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bubbles and Water Drops"

Destrehan, US

Too hot for the bugs and for me. So trying bubbles and water drops. No electronic triggers , just a burette tube and my finger on the shutter button.

Was curious if a drop of water would burst the bubble . Much to my surprise it did not.

D800 105mm f/15 1/250 ISO 250 All with SB900 and SB600 off camera
Manual focus

D800 105 mm f/8 1/125 ISO 250

D800 105mm f/8 1/125 ISO 250

Last one

D800 105mm f/8 1/125 ISO 250

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bubbles and Water Drops
Floridian Silver Member
30th Jun 2013
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
30th Jun 2013
Dgastrong Gold Member
30th Jun 2013
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
30th Jun 2013
rb4good Silver Member
30th Jun 2013
03rd Jul 2013
AartPapaya Silver Member
02nd Jul 2013
03rd Jul 2013
pasknucklehead Silver Member
06th Jul 2013
06th Jul 2013
BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
07th Jul 2013

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Sun 30-Jun-13 03:17 AM
2760 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Very interesting photos!

Randy

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Sun 30-Jun-13 03:46 AM
651 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 1

Destrehan, US

Thank you Randy , much appreciated.
Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

Dgastrong Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Oct 2012Sun 30-Jun-13 03:34 AM
1176 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Sonoita, US

Number 1 and 2 are fantastic; my picks. I am curious about your flash positioning and bounce cards, difusers etc. Gotta love that 105 lense.
Thanks for posting.
Dale.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Sun 30-Jun-13 03:52 AM
#4. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 30-Jun-13 03:53 AM by birdied

Destrehan, US

Hi Dale,

I had a piece of white poster board behind the dish.
I had the SB900 on the left aimed toward where the drops were falling but angled where some hit the board also.
I had the SB600 on the right aimed to the poster board.
I played with the flash setting, tried TTL and manual. Found manual did the best set at 1/64.
Tried overhead lights on and off, and found lights on did better.
No diffusion on the flashes.

Hope this helps.

Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 30-Jun-13 12:11 PM
4559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Great shots, Birdie.

Rick

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Wed 03-Jul-13 01:47 AM
#7. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 5

Destrehan, US

Thank you Rick, much appreciated.

Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Tue 02-Jul-13 08:36 PM
2883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Hectorspruit, ZA

I would call the masterful. Very well done.

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Wed 03-Jul-13 01:48 AM
#8. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 6

Destrehan, US

Aart, thank you for your very kind words .

Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Sat 06-Jul-13 02:29 AM
1426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Hey there,
Very, very impressive work,,,I'm impressed...Great lighting and sharpness. Great job!

Darlene

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Sat 06-Jul-13 04:09 PM
#10. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 9

Destrehan, US

Thank you so very much Darlene !!!
Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sun 07-Jul-13 02:46 PM
2661 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Bubbles and Water Drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

Excellent and creative!

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51612 Previous topic | Next topic