Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51432
View in linear mode

Subject: "Luminous Lilies" Previous topic | Next topic
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Fri 14-Jun-13 10:01 PM
4539 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Luminous Lilies"

Milwaukee, US

Taken with Nikon D800, 90mm Tamron, f/8, 1/2000s, ISO 640, AP -2 EV, Spot Meter, Adjust in Lightroom 4.4 some.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Luminous Lilies
crznlow
21st Jun 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
22nd Jun 2013
jrp Administrator
22nd Jun 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
22nd Jun 2013
davidsyd
23rd Jun 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
23rd Jun 2013

crznlow Registered since 28th Jun 2008Fri 21-Jun-13 11:25 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Luminous Lilies"
In response to Reply # 0

US

That's a beautiful picture.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sat 22-Jun-13 12:43 PM
4539 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Luminous Lilies"
In response to Reply # 1

Milwaukee, US

Thank you for looking and comment!

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 22-Jun-13 12:50 PM
34529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Luminous Lilies"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 22-Jun-13 12:51 PM by jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX

That's why the golden hours are called ... golden hours
Or is it artificial light?

Very well done.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sat 22-Jun-13 03:09 PM
#4. "RE: Luminous Lilies"
In response to Reply # 3

Milwaukee, US

Thanks, JRP. This image was taken in a horticultural conservatory here in Milwaukee called the Domes about 3 pm (I think) in the afternoon. The sun was diffused through the dome that enclosed all the flora and fauna that is on display in one of the domes. There is a display dome (this one with spring flowers), a desert dome and a tropical dome.

The angle of the light where these lilies were planted was such that when I got down very low to the ground and pointed the lens up toward the lilies the sun was behind them and shining through them. The sun flowed between the lilies and the wall behind those plantings thus giving me the contrasting dark background.

This is one of reasons why it is so important to get low to the ground and discover how the light plays out. I thought it was pretty cool use of the existing light--pretty exciting results.

Again, thanks for commenting...glad you like it.

John

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

davidsyd Registered since 20th Feb 2013Sun 23-Jun-13 12:18 AM
54 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Luminous Lilies"
In response to Reply # 0

AU

awesome photo with the right composition and lighting. I am new to Macro. Hopefully I will pickup some techniques in this forums

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sun 23-Jun-13 02:17 AM
#6. "RE: Luminous Lilies"
In response to Reply # 5

Milwaukee, US

Welcome to all that Nikonians has to offer. Thanks for commenting on my image.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51432 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.