Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51344
View in linear mode

Subject: "the eyes have it" Previous topic | Next topic
mathjak107 Registered since 31st Dec 2006Sat 08-Jun-13 10:47 PM
474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"the eyes have it"
Sat 08-Jun-13 10:50 PM by mathjak107

bayside queens, US

nikon d800 105vr, r1c1 macro flash , promaster extention tubes ,handheld

http://mm-photography.smugmug.com/Other/OUR-FLOWERS/THINGS-THAT-FLY-AND-CRAWL/i-FdJBcBP/0/L/130608_M%26M%20PHOTO-116-Edit-L.jpg
http://mm-photography.smugmug.com/Other/OUR-FLOWERS/THINGS-THAT-FLY-AND-CRAWL/i-TXh5xXh/0/L/130608_M%26M%20PHOTO-80-Edit-L.jpg

http://mm-photography.smugmug.com/browse

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Mon 10-Jun-13 04:43 PM
3007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: the eyes have it"
In response to Reply # 0

South Australia, AU

Love the last one,
A steady hand and "all those pixels" lined up just perfectly
....Gary

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Tue 11-Jun-13 01:03 AM
2516 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: the eyes have it"
In response to Reply # 0

WUNGHNU, AU

The depth of field on the 1st is either too narrow or the angle you shot at did not optimise the DoF you had. The second shot is much better in this regard. The lighting looks good.

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

mathjak107 Registered since 31st Dec 2006Tue 11-Jun-13 10:01 AM
474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: the eyes have it"
In response to Reply # 2

bayside queens, US

when you use extension tubes to get in close i really can't control the angle much with bugs, it isn't like shooting flowers where you can take time to maximize the angles.

the bugs have to be caught at whatever the shot is most of the time ,especially if they fly.

thanks for the comments....

http://mm-photography.smugmug.com/browse

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Tue 11-Jun-13 10:13 AM
2516 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: the eyes have it"
In response to Reply # 3

WUNGHNU, AU

>when you use extension tubes to get in close i really can't
>control the angle much with bugs, it isn't like shooting
>flowers where you can take time to maximize the angles.
>
>the bugs have to be caught at whatever the shot is most of the
>time ,especially if they fly.
>
>thanks for the comments....
>
>

Look at my gallery and you might understand what I'm getting at. I shoot pretty well exclusively with tubes and handheld and I know it can be tough but you need to be able to get in the right position to maximise your limited DoF otherwise you are wasting your time.

Tripods and shooting flowers is for girls

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51344 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.