nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51330
View in linear mode

Subject: "Some bugs." Previous topic | Next topic
WK Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2004 Sat 08-Jun-13 05:39 AM
849 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Some bugs."

I haven't posted here in a while but thought I'd share a few of the insects I've seen this spring.

Female Eastern Pondhawk, f16, 1/250
Click on image to view larger version

Male Tuliptree Moth, f7.1, 1/50

Hemipteran Nymph, f18, 1/250

Regards,
Wasil

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Some bugs. STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
08th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. WK Silver Member
08th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. Izzie Gold Member
09th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.
09th Jun 2013
10th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. jtmcg Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
11th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums.
11th Jun 2013
12th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. glxman Silver Member
12th Jun 2013
12th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Some bugs. lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
15th Jun 2013
16th Jun 2013

STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   ROSEVILLE, US  Charter Member Sat 08-Jun-13 06:08 PM
6704 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Wasil, thanks for allowing me to view what I usually cannot see! stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

WK Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2004 Sat 08-Jun-13 06:32 PM
849 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 1

Haha! Thanks, Stan. Hope all's been well.

Izzie Gold Member  Chesterfield, US  Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011 Sun 09-Jun-13 02:31 PM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

I love them all but I love the details of #2...

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.   SouthernYork Co, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010 Sun 09-Jun-13 04:04 PM
1950 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice. I assume the tulip tree moth is in the same "family" as a Luna moth? Many similarities to someone like me, an untrained eye.

Sheri Becker

WK Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2004 Mon 10-Jun-13 10:44 PM
#5. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks very much, Izzie and Sheri. Sheri, yes, same family (Saturniidae) as the beautiful Luna Moth.

jtmcg Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Simsbury, US  Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007 Tue 11-Jun-13 12:56 AM
4067 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

All good Wasil but I especially like the moth.

John

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums.   WUNGHNU, AU  Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007 Tue 11-Jun-13 12:57 AM
2529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Fantastic work Wasil. Love the Tuliptree moth.

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

WK Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2004 Wed 12-Jun-13 12:39 AM
#8. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you, John and Leigh. I am trying a new FX body and it's more difficult to get big DOF and sharp images hand held as compared to my old D70.

glxman Silver Member  South Australia, AU  Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008 Wed 12-Jun-13 08:27 AM
3506 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice work,
Haven't seen any of those before
Regards,
Gary

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

WK Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2004 Wed 12-Jun-13 12:11 PM
#10. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks very much, Gary. A good variety of things moving around here this spring season.

Wasil

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Dallas, US  Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007 Sat 15-Jun-13 10:00 PM
833 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 0

Wasil,

All are great, but that moth rocks! Very nice.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

WK Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2004 Sun 16-Jun-13 03:11 PM
#12. "RE: Some bugs."
In response to Reply # 11

Hi Mark. Thank you!

Wasil

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51330 Previous topic | Next topic